Shareq Mohd Nazir
Background and activities
Hydrogen & Power Production
Process Design, Modeling and Simulation
Thermodynamic Analysis & Techno-Economic Assessment
Post Doctoral Research: Analysis of novel reforming and CO2 capture processes
Project: GaSTech (Gas Switching Technologies)
PhD Thesis Title: Techno-economic analysis of combined cycle power plants integrated with chemical looping reforming and CO2 capture
Project: NanoSim - EU FP7 Project
Skills and Expertise
Expertise in thermodynamics, reaction engineering and process design
Computational Skills: Python, CHEMCAD, ASPEN, METSIM, COMSOL Multiphysics
Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Process Development Manager, R&D, Green Field Projects - Mondelez International (formerly Kraft Foods) - May 2014 to Sep 2014
Scientist, Technology Department (Metals) - Aditya Birla Science and Technology Company Ltd. - Jan 2012 to April 2014
PhD at Department of Energy and Process Engineering, NTNU, Trondheim - Oct 2014 to May 2018
ME and BE (Hons.) in Chemical Engineering - Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani (BITS Pilani K.K. Birla Goa Campus) - Aug 2005 to Dec 2011
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Efficient hydrogen production with CO2 capture using gas switching reforming. Energy. vol. 185.
- (2019) Gas switching reforming (GSR) for power generation with CO2 capture: Process efficiency improvement studies. Energy. vol. 167.
- (2019) Gas switching reforming for flexible power and hydrogen production to balance variable renewables. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. vol. 110.
- (2018) Analysis of Combined Cycle Power Plants with Chemical Looping Reforming of Natural Gas and Pre-Combustion CO2 Capture. Energies. vol. 11 (1).
- (2018) Techno-economic Comparison Of Combined Cycle Power Plants With Pre-combustion CO2 Capture Via Two Different Reforming Methods: Chemical Looping Reforming And Gas Switching Reforming. Social Science Research Network.
- (2018) Techno-economic assessment of the novel gas switching reforming (GSR) concept for gas-fired power production with integrated CO2 capture. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 43 (18).
- (2018) Techno-economic assessment of chemical looping reforming of natural gas for hydrogen production and power generation with integrated CO2 capture. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control. vol. 78.
- (2017) Full Plant Scale Analysis of Natural Gas Fired Power Plants with Pre-Combustion CO2 Capture and Chemical Looping Reforming (CLR). Energy Procedia. vol. 114.
Part of book/report
- (2019) Efficient hydrogen production with CO2 capture using gas switching reforming (GSR): Technoeconomic assessment. Proceedings of ECOS 2019: The 32nd International Conference on Efficiency, Cost, Optimization, Simulation and Environmental Impact of Energy Systems, Wroclaw, Poland.
- (2018) Techno-economic analysis of combined cycle power plants integrated with chemical looping reforming and CO2 capture. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2018. ISBN 978-82-326-3049-3. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2018:129).