Sigmund Østgård Gismervik
Background and activities
MD from 2003; Cognitive Behavioral Therapist from 2007; Consultant specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation from 2012; PhD candidate in the Work and Health Research Group from 2012. Consultant medical advisor for the Norwegian Labour and Welfare Service (NAV) from 2016. Currently working as a researcher at ISM and research co-ordinatior in the R&D Unit of Work and Health in Central Norway
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Two‑Year Follow‑Up of a Randomized Clinical Trial of Inpatient Multimodal Occupational Rehabilitation Vs Outpatient Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Sick Listed Workers with Musculoskeletal or Common Mental Disorders. Journal of occupational rehabilitation. vol. 31.
- (2021) Insomnia is Associated with the Effect of Inpatient Multimodal Occupational Rehabilitation on Work Participation in Workers with Musculoskeletal or Mental Health Disorders: Secondary Analyses of a Randomized Clinical Trial. Nature and Science of Sleep. vol. 13.
- (2020) High-intensity shoulder abduction exercise in subacromial pain syndrome. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 53 (1).
- (2020) Inpatient multimodal occupational rehabilitation reduces sickness absence among individuals with musculoskeletal and common mental health disorders: a randomized clinical trial. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. vol. 46 (4).
- (2019) Changes in fear-avoidance beliefs and work participation after occupational rehabilitation for musculoskeletal- and common mental disorders: secondary outcomes of two randomized clinical trials. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 51 (3).
- (2019) The Fear Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire (FABQ) Does it really measure fear beliefs?. Spine. vol. 45 (2).
- (2018) Inpatient multidiciplinary occupational rehabilitation reduces sickness absence in patients with common musculoskeletal complaints and mental disorders: a randomised clinial trial. Eumass . European Union of Medicine in Assurance and Social Security; Maastrich. 2018-10-04 - 2018-10-06.
- (2018) The acceptance and commitment therapy model in occupational rehabilitation of musculoskeletal and common mental disorders: a qualitative focus group study. Disability and Rehabilitation.
- (2018) The feasibility of occupational rehabilitation in transdiagnostic groups for participants with chronic pain, chronic fatigue and common mental disorders. Tijdschrift voor Bedrijfs- en Verzekeringsgeneeskunde. vol. 26 (7).
- (2018) Resistance band training or general exercise in multidisciplinary rehabilitation of low back pain? A randomized trial. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 28 (9).
- (2017) Effect of inpatient multicomponent occupational rehabilitation versus less comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation on sickness absence in persons with Musculoskeletal- or Mental Health Disorders: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Journal of occupational rehabilitation. vol. 28 (1).
- (2017) Forskning ved Hysnes Helsefort. Del 1: Randomisert studie med helseøkonomisk og kvalitativ følgeforskning. 2017.
- (2017) Physical examination tests of the shoulder: A systematic review and meta-analysis of diagnostic test performance. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 18:41.
- (2017) Kapittel 11: Mindfulnessbasert stressreduksjon (MBSR). Smertepsykologi.
- (2017) Transdiagnostic group-based occupational rehabilitation for participants with chronic pain, chronic fatigue and common mental disorders. A feasibility study. Disability and Rehabilitation. vol. 40 (21).
- (2016) Effects of multicomponent occupational rehabilitation on sickness absence: a randomized clinical trial. WDPI 2016 ; 2016-09-25.
- (2016) Effects of Inpatient Multicomponent Occupational Rehabilitation versus Less Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation on Somatic and Mental Health: Secondary Outcomes of a Randomized Clinical Trial. Journal of occupational rehabilitation.
- (2016) Effekt av multidisiplinær arbeidsrettet rehabilitering på somatisk og psykisk helse (Hysnes Helsefort). Forskningsrådet- avslutningskonferanse: sykefravær, arbeid og helse ; 2016-05-26.
- (2016) Kommer raskere tilbake i jobb etter Hysnes-opphold. Fosna-Folket [Avis]. 2016-06-10.
- (2016) Cognitive Interventions and Nutritional Supplements (The CINS Trial): A Randomized Controlled, Multicenter Trial Comparing a Brief Intervention with Additional Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Seal Oil, and Soy Oil for Sick-Listed Low Back Pain Patients. Spine. vol. 41 (20).
- (2015) Evidence for a general stiffening motor control pattern in neck pain: A cross sectional study. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 16 (56).
- (2015) Sick-listed persons’ experiences with taking part in an in-patient occupational rehabilitation program based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: a qualitative focus group interview study. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 15:526.
- (2014) Occupational rehabilitation programs for musculoskeletal pain and common mental health disorders: Study protocol of a randomized controlled trial. BMC Public Health. vol. 14 (1).
- (2013) Kan fysisk aktivitet redusere sykefravær og uføretrygding? :. Fysioterapeuten. vol. 80 (7).