Background and activities
I'm the research coordinator for the Geminicenter for Sepsis Research. Our goal is to reduce the morbidity and mortality of sepsis by improving diagnostics, treatment and follow-up of sepsis survivors. The center hosts clinicians, microbiologists, epidemiologists, engineers and statisticians. My background is in molecular medicine and cell biology. My own research focus on host and pathogen risk factors for sepsis in cancer patients and especially the risk of infection after prostate cancer biopsy.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Persistent mycobacteria evade an antibacterial program mediated by phagolysosomal TLR7/8/MyD88 in human primary macrophages. PLoS Pathogens. vol. 13 (8).
- (2015) Allyl isothiocyanate affects the cell cycle of Arabidopsis thaliana. Frontiers in Plant Science. vol. 6 (MAY).
- (2015) Allyl isothiocyanate depletes glutathione and upregulates expression of glutathione S-transferases in Arabidopsis thaliana. Frontiers in Plant Science. vol. 6.
- (2018) The Drug, the Bug and the Macrophage: Interactions between antibiotics, mycobacteria and macrophages at the single cell and subcellular level. 2018. ISBN 978-82-326-3446-0. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (329).
- (2016) Characterization of the C-type lectin receptor Mincle in Mycobacterium avium-infected macrophages. 2016.