Background and activities
Scientific publications - Signe Kjelstrup
Publications in international, refereed journals
Non-equlibrium thermodynamics for engineers
With Dick Bedeaux, Eivind Johannessen and Joachim Gross, World Scientific, 2010
2.revised ed. 2017
Non-equlibrium thermodynamics of heterogeneous systems
With Dick Bedeaux, Series on Advances in Statistical Mechanics, Vol.16, World Scientific, 2008
Elements of Irreversible Thermodynamics for Engineers,
With Dick Bedeaux, Int. Center of Applied Thermodynamics, Istanbul, Turkey, 2000.
ISBN: 975-97568-1-1 Amazone.com
2. revised edition With Dick Bedeaux and Eivind Johannessen, Tapir Akademiske forlag, 2006
Irreversible thermodynamics. Theory and Applications. Wiley, Chichester, 1988
with K.S.Førland and T.Førland
Translated to Japanese by Y. Ito, T. Ikeshoji, Y.Tomii and T. Okada, published 1992 (Omsha)
2. reprint by Wiley 1994, 3. reprint by Tapir 2001
translated to Chinese by Q.Xu, printed by Metallurgical Press of China 2001
Fysikalsk kjemi, With Morten Helbæk, Fagbokforlaget, Bergen, 2006
Physical Chemistry Laboratory Course, Tapir, 1992
with K.S.Førland and T.Førland , revised 1996
with Astrid Lund Ramstad, Tapir 2000, revised 2002, revised 2007
Chapters in books
Chapter 4. Springer Handbook of Electrochemical Energy, 2017
Link to the book website http://www.springer.com/cn/book/9783662466568
Complex formations in Alkali-Aluminium Fluoride Melts, lic.techn. thesis, 1974
On the Energetics of Coupled Transport Processes, dr.techn. thesis, 1982,
publised in Kgl. Norske Vidensk. Selsk. Skr. 6 (1982) 1-157
Tormod Førland 60 år. A collection of Papers Dedicated to professor Tormod Førland on his 60th Birthday, S.Kjelstrup Ratkje and B.Hafskjold, eds., Institutt for fysikalsk kjemi og uorganisk kjemi, Norges Tekniske Høgskole, Trondheim, NTH, 1981
NTVA Symposium Series: Lars Onsager. First International Onsager Symposium, NTH, Norway, June 1993
Hemmer, P.C., Holden, H. and Ratkje, S.K. eds.
Onsager Collected Works, Hemmer, P.C., Holden, H. and Kjelstrup Ratkje, S., eds. World Scientific, 1996
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Fluid-Fluid Interfaces of Multi-Component Mixtures in Local Equilibrium. Entropy. vol. 20 (4).
- (2018) Hill's nano-thermodynamics is equivalent with Gibbs' thermodynamics for surfaces of constant curvatures. Chemical Physics Letters. vol. 707.
- (2018) Stable and efficient time integration of a dynamic pore network model for two-phase flow in porous media. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 6.
- (2018) Electrolyte Melt Compositions for Low Temperature Molten Carbonate Thermocell. ACS Applied Energy Materials.
- (2018) Exergy-based performance indicators for industrial practice. International Journal of Energy Research. vol. 42 (13).
- (2018) Exergy‐based performance indicators for industrial practice. International Journal of Energy Research. vol. 42.
- (2018) Energy efficient design of membrane processes by use of entropy production minimization. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 117.
- (2018) The thermal boundary resistance at semiconductor interfaces: a critical appraisal of the Onsager vs. Kapitza formalisms. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 20 (35).
- (2017) The Nasal Geometry of the Reindeer Gives Energy-Efficient Respiration. Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics. vol. 42 (1).
- (2017) Thermo-osmosis in membrane systems: a review. Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics. vol. 42 (3).
- (2017) Exploring the potential for waste heat recovery during metal casting with thermoelectric generators: On-site experiments and mathematical modelling. Energy. vol. 118.
- (2017) Energy efficiency as an example of cross-discipline collaboration in chemical engineering. Chemical engineering research & design. vol. 119.
- (2017) Modeling thermodynamic properties of propane or tetrahydrofuran mixed with carbon dioxide or methane in structure-II clathrate hydrates. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 121 (43).
- (2017) Thermoelectrochemical Cell with Molten Carbonate Electrolyte. Molten Salt Committee of the Electrochemical Society of Japan.
- (2017) Influence of Electrode Gas Flow Rate and Solid Oxide Ratio in Electrolyte on the Seebeck Coefficient of Molten Carbonate Thermocell. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 164 (8).
- (2017) Entropy Production Minimization as Design Principle for Membrane Systems: Comparing Equipartition Results to Numerical Optima. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 56 (16).
- (2017) Single Electrode Entropy Change for LiCoO2 Electrodes. ECS Transactions. vol. 80 (10).
- (2017) Thermal conductivity and internal temperature profiles of Li-ion secondary batteries. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 359.
- (2017) Measurements of ageing and thermal conductivity in a secondary NMC-hard carbon Li-ion battery and the impact on internal temperature profiles. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 250.
- (2017) Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Metal / Molten Alkali Carbonate Interfaces. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 121 (33).