Background and activities
Scientific publications - Signe Kjelstrup
Publications in international, refereed journals
Non-equlibrium thermodynamics for engineers
With Dick Bedeaux, Eivind Johannessen and Joachim Gross, World Scientific, 2010
2.revised ed. 2017
Non-equlibrium thermodynamics of heterogeneous systems
With Dick Bedeaux, Series on Advances in Statistical Mechanics, Vol.16, World Scientific, 2008
Elements of Irreversible Thermodynamics for Engineers,
With Dick Bedeaux, Int. Center of Applied Thermodynamics, Istanbul, Turkey, 2000.
ISBN: 975-97568-1-1 Amazone.com
2. revised edition With Dick Bedeaux and Eivind Johannessen, Tapir Akademiske forlag, 2006
Irreversible thermodynamics. Theory and Applications. Wiley, Chichester, 1988
with K.S.Førland and T.Førland
Translated to Japanese by Y. Ito, T. Ikeshoji, Y.Tomii and T. Okada, published 1992 (Omsha)
2. reprint by Wiley 1994, 3. reprint by Tapir 2001
translated to Chinese by Q.Xu, printed by Metallurgical Press of China 2001
Fysikalsk kjemi, With Morten Helbæk, Fagbokforlaget, Bergen, 2006
Physical Chemistry Laboratory Course, Tapir, 1992
with K.S.Førland and T.Førland , revised 1996
with Astrid Lund Ramstad, Tapir 2000, revised 2002, revised 2007
Chapters in books
Chapter 4. Springer Handbook of Electrochemical Energy, 2017
Link to the book website http://www.springer.com/cn/book/9783662466568
Complex formations in Alkali-Aluminium Fluoride Melts, lic.techn. thesis, 1974
On the Energetics of Coupled Transport Processes, dr.techn. thesis, 1982,
publised in Kgl. Norske Vidensk. Selsk. Skr. 6 (1982) 1-157
Tormod Førland 60 år. A collection of Papers Dedicated to professor Tormod Førland on his 60th Birthday, S.Kjelstrup Ratkje and B.Hafskjold, eds., Institutt for fysikalsk kjemi og uorganisk kjemi, Norges Tekniske Høgskole, Trondheim, NTH, 1981
NTVA Symposium Series: Lars Onsager. First International Onsager Symposium, NTH, Norway, June 1993
Hemmer, P.C., Holden, H. and Ratkje, S.K. eds.
Onsager Collected Works, Hemmer, P.C., Holden, H. and Kjelstrup Ratkje, S., eds. World Scientific, 1996
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) The Nasal Geometry of the Reindeer Gives Energy-Efficient Respiration. Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics. vol. 42 (1).
- (2017) Thermo-osmosis in membrane systems: a review. Journal of Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics. vol. 42 (3).
- (2017) Exploring the potential for waste heat recovery during metal casting with thermoelectric generators: On-site experiments and mathematical modelling. Energy. vol. 118.
- (2017) Energy efficiency as an example of cross-discipline collaboration in chemical engineering. Chemical engineering research & design. vol. 119.
- (2017) Thermoelectrochemical Cell with Molten Carbonate Electrolyte. Molten Salt Committee of the Electrochemical Society of Japan. vol. 60 (1).
- (2017) Influence of Electrode Gas Flow Rate and Solid Oxide Ratio in Electrolyte on the Seebeck Coefficient of Molten Carbonate Thermocell. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 164 (8).
- (2017) Entropy Production Minimization as Design Principle for Membrane Systems: Comparing Equipartition Results to Numerical Optima. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 56 (16).
- (2017) Thermal conductivity and internal temperature profiles of Li-ion secondary batteries. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 359.
- (2017) Entropy facilitated active transport. Journal of Chemical Physics. vol. 146 (18).
- (2017) Ensemble distribution for immiscible two-phase flow in porous media. Physical Review E. Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics. vol. 95 (2).
- (2017) A Monte Carlo Algorithm for Immiscible Two-Phase Flow in Porous Media. Transport in Porous Media. vol. 116 (2).
- (2017) Harnessing thermoelectric power from transient heat sources: Waste heat recovery from silicon production. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 138.
- (2017) Size and shape effects on the thermodynamic properties of nanoscale volumes of water. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 19 (13).
- (2017) Thermodynamic Properties of Hydrogen Dissociation Reaction from the Small System Method and Reactive Force Field ReaxFF. Chemical Physics Letters. vol. 672.
- (2016) Molecular alignment in molecular fluids induced by coupling between density and thermal gradients. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 18 (17).
- (2016) Influence of electrode gas flow rate and electrolyte composition on thermoelectric power in molten carbonate thermocell. ECS Transactions. vol. 75 (15).
- (2016) Membrane distillation against a pressure difference. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 524.
- (2016) Computing properties of the hydrogen dissociation reaction in and away from equilibrium. Molecular Simulation. vol. 42 (16).
- (2016) Heat and mass transfer in reacting mixtures: Molecular dynamics and kinetic theory approaches. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1786 (1).
- (2016) Enhancing the understanding of heat and mass transport through a cellulose acetate membrane for CO2 separation. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 513.