Background and activities
Scientific publications - Signe Kjelstrup
Publications in international, refereed journals
Non-equlibrium thermodynamics for engineers
With Dick Bedeaux, Eivind Johannessen and Joachim Gross, World Scientific, 2010
2.revised ed. 2017
Non-equlibrium thermodynamics of heterogeneous systems
With Dick Bedeaux, Series on Advances in Statistical Mechanics, Vol.16, World Scientific, 2008
Elements of Irreversible Thermodynamics for Engineers,
With Dick Bedeaux, Int. Center of Applied Thermodynamics, Istanbul, Turkey, 2000.
ISBN: 975-97568-1-1 Amazone.com
2. revised edition With Dick Bedeaux and Eivind Johannessen, Tapir Akademiske forlag, 2006
Irreversible thermodynamics. Theory and Applications. Wiley, Chichester, 1988
with K.S.Førland and T.Førland
Translated to Japanese by Y. Ito, T. Ikeshoji, Y.Tomii and T. Okada, published 1992 (Omsha)
2. reprint by Wiley 1994, 3. reprint by Tapir 2001
translated to Chinese by Q.Xu, printed by Metallurgical Press of China 2001
Fysikalsk kjemi, With Morten Helbæk, Fagbokforlaget, Bergen, 2006
Physical Chemistry Laboratory Course, Tapir, 1992
with K.S.Førland and T.Førland , revised 1996
with Astrid Lund Ramstad, Tapir 2000, revised 2002, revised 2007
Chapters in books
Chapter 4. Springer Handbook of Electrochemical Energy, 2017
Link to the book website http://www.springer.com/cn/book/9783662466568
Complex formations in Alkali-Aluminium Fluoride Melts, lic.techn. thesis, 1974
On the Energetics of Coupled Transport Processes, dr.techn. thesis, 1982,
publised in Kgl. Norske Vidensk. Selsk. Skr. 6 (1982) 1-157
Tormod Førland 60 år. A collection of Papers Dedicated to professor Tormod Førland on his 60th Birthday, S.Kjelstrup Ratkje and B.Hafskjold, eds., Institutt for fysikalsk kjemi og uorganisk kjemi, Norges Tekniske Høgskole, Trondheim, NTH, 1981
NTVA Symposium Series: Lars Onsager. First International Onsager Symposium, NTH, Norway, June 1993
Hemmer, P.C., Holden, H. and Ratkje, S.K. eds.
Onsager Collected Works, Hemmer, P.C., Holden, H. and Kjelstrup Ratkje, S., eds. World Scientific, 1996
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Entropy production beyond the thermodynamic limit from single-molecule stretching simulations. Journal of Physical Chemistry B. vol. 124.
- (2020) Gibbs ensemble monte carlo simulation of fluids in confinement: Relation between the differential and integral pressures. Nanomaterials. vol. 10 (2).
- (2020) The heat of transfer and the Peltier coefficient of electrolytes. Chemical Physics Letters: X. vol. 5.
- (2020) Nonequilibrium thermodynamics of surfaces captures the energy conversions in a shock wave. Chemical Physics Letters: X. vol. 7.
- (2020) Minimum entropy production in a distillation column for air separation described by a continuous non-equilibrium model. Chemical Engineering Science (CES). vol. 218.
- (2020) The influence of interfacial transfer and film coupling in the modeling of distillation columns to separate nitrogen and oxygen mixtures. Chemical Engineering Science: X. vol. 8.
- (2020) Fractal-Like Flow-Fields with Minimum Entropy Production for Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells. Entropy. vol. 22 (2).
- (2020) Efficiency in the process industry: Three thermodynamic tools for better resource use. Trends in Food Science & Technology. vol. 104.
- (2020) Good practice guide for papers on batteries for the Journal of Power Sources. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 452.
- (2020) Two-Phase Equilibrium Conditions in Nanopores. Nanomaterials.
- (2020) Flow field patterns for proton exchange membrane fuel cells. Frontiers in Energy Research. vol. 8:13.
- (2020) Seeking minimum entropy production for a tree-like flow-field in a fuel cell. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 22.
- (2020) Energy efficiency of respiration in mature and newborn reindeer. Journal of Comparative Physiology. B, Biochemical, Systemic, and Environmental Physiology. vol. 190.
- (2020) When Thermodynamic Properties of Adsorbed Films Depend on Size: Fundamental Theory and Case Study. Nanomaterials. vol. 10 (9).
- (2019) Good practice guide for papers on fuel cells and electrolysis cells for the Journal of Power Sources. Journal of Power Sources.
- (2019) Non-equilibrium thermodynamics as a tool to compute temperature at the catalyst surface. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 21 (27).
- (2019) Pressures Inside a Nano-Porous Medium. The Case of a Single Phase Fluid. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 7.
- (2019) The reversible heat effects at lithium iron phosphate- and graphite electrodes. Electrochimica Acta.
- (2019) Gas electrodes with nickel based current collectors for molten carbonate electrolyte thermo-electrochemical cells. Journal of Energy Chemistry. vol. 41.
- (2019) Thermal Conductivity of Molten Carbonates with Dispersed Solid Oxide from Differential Scanning Calorimetry. Materials. vol. 12 (9).