Background and activities
PhD topic: Guidance and control of marine vehicles. Main supervisor: prof. Kristin Y. Pettersen.
Co supervisors: Gianluca Antonelli, Ingrid Schjølberg, Jan Tommy Gravdahl, Hefeng Dong
I completed my MsC in Engineering Cybernetics at NTNU June 2013 and started my PhD August the same year. My work is conducted at the newly established Norwegian Centre of Excellence AMOS (Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems) and will focus on control of marine vehicles.
Part I of my work concerns path following of marine vehicles in the presence of ocean currents, whereas part II focuses on set-based kinematic control. This allows a general robotic system to be given tasks with a desired or valid interval rather than an exact value, and can be utilized in a variety of scenarioes. Finally, part III combines part I and II by ensuring obstacle avoidance of marine vehicles while following a predefined path.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Set-based Tasks within the Singularity-robust Multiple Task-priority Inverse Kinematics Framework: General Formulation, Stability Analysis and Experimental Results. Frontiers in Robotics and AI. vol. 3 (16).
- (2015) Incorporating set-based control within the singularity-robust multiple task-priority inverse kinematics. 23rd Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation (MED 2015) ; Torremolinos. 2015-06-16 - 2015-06-19.
- (2015) Experimental Results for Set-based Control within the Singularity-robust Multiple Task-priority Inverse Kinematics Framework. 2015 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO) ; Zhuhai. 2015-12-06 - 2015-12-09.
- (2015) Stability Analysis for Set-based Control within the Singularity-robust Multiple Task-priority Inverse Kinematics Framework. 2015 IEEE 54th Annual Conference on Decision and Control (CDC) ; Osaka. 2015-12-15 - 2015-12-18.
- (2014) Null-Space-Based Behavior Guidance of Planar Dual-Arm UVMS. 2014 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO) ; Bali. 2014-12-05 - 2014-12-10.
- (2014) Path Following of Underactuated Marine Surface Vessels in the Presence of Unknown Ocean Currents. American Control Conference (ACC) 2014 ; Portland, Oregon. 2014-06-04 - 2014-06-06.
- (2014) Path Following of Underactuated Marine Underwater Vessels in the Presence of Unknown Ocean Currents. ASME International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE) 2014 ; San Francisco, California. 2014-06-08 - 2014-06-13.
- (2013) Real-Time Hand Guiding of Industrial Manipulator in 5 DOF using Microsoft Kinect and Accelerometer. IEEE RO-MAN 2013 . •IEEE Robotics and Automation Society; Gyengju. 2013-08-26 - 2013-08-29.