Background and activities
PhD topic: Guidance and control of marine vehicles. Main supervisor: prof. Kristin Y. Pettersen.
Co supervisors: Gianluca Antonelli, Ingrid Schjølberg, Jan Tommy Gravdahl, Hefeng Dong
I completed my MsC in Engineering Cybernetics at NTNU June 2013 and started my PhD August the same year. My work is conducted at the newly established Norwegian Centre of Excellence AMOS (Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems) and will focus on control of marine vehicles.
Part I of my work concerns path following of marine vehicles in the presence of ocean currents, whereas part II focuses on set-based kinematic control. This allows a general robotic system to be given tasks with a desired or valid interval rather than an exact value, and can be utilized in a variety of scenarioes. Finally, part III combines part I and II by ensuring obstacle avoidance of marine vehicles while following a predefined path.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Path Following, Obstacle Detection and Obstacle Avoidance for Thrusted Underwater Snake Robots. Frontiers in Robotics and AI.
- (2018) Set-Based Control for Autonomous Spray Painting. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering. vol. 15 (4).
- (2018) Machine Learning in Control Systems An Overview of state of the art. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11311.
- (2016) Set-based Tasks within the Singularity-robust Multiple Task-priority Inverse Kinematics Framework: General Formulation, Stability Analysis and Experimental Results. Frontiers in Robotics and AI. vol. 3 (16).
- (2016) Line-of-Sight Curved Path Following for Underactuated USVs and AUVs in the Horizontal Plane under the influence of Ocean Currents. IEEE Mediterranean Conference on Control & Automation.
- (2016) Set-Based Line-of-Sight (LOS) Path Following with Collision Avoidance for Underactuated Unmanned Surface Vessel. IEEE Mediterranean Conference on Control & Automation.
- (2015) Incorporating set-based control within the singularity-robust multiple task-priority inverse kinematics. Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation (MED).
- (2014) Path Following of Underactuated Marine Surface Vessels in the Presence of Unknown Ocean Currents. American Control Conference (ACC).
Part of book/report
- (2019) Deep Reinforcement Learning Attitude Control of Fixed Wing UAVs Using Proximal Policy Optimization. 2019 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2017) Additive manufacturing by robot manipulator: An overview of the state-of-the-art and proof-of-concept results. 22nd IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies And Factory Automation.
- (2017) Set-based path following and obstacle avoidance for underwater snake robots. Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO 2017).
- (2017) Set-Based Line-of-Sight (LOS) Path Following with Collision Avoidance for Underactuated Unmanned Surface Vessels under the Influence of Ocean Currents. 1st IEEE Conference on Control Technology and Applications.
- (2017) Kinematic singularity avoidance for robot manipulators using set-based manipulability tasks. 1st IEEE Conference on Control Technology and Applications.
- (2015) Experimental Results for Set-based Control within the Singularity-robust Multiple Task-priority Inverse Kinematics Framework. Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics.
- (2015) Stability Analysis for Set-based Control within the Singularity-robust Multiple Task-priority Inverse Kinematics Framework. CDC 2015 - 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Proceedings.
- (2014) Null-Space-Based Behavior Guidance of Planar Dual-Arm UVMS. Proceedings of The 2014 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO 2014, Bali, Indonesia, 5-10 December, 2014.
- (2014) Path Following of Underactuated Marine Underwater Vehicles in the Presence of Unknown Ocean Currents. 33rd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering Volume 7: Ocean Space Utilization; Professor Emeritus J. Randolph Paulling Honoring Symposium on Ocean Technology.