Silje L. Kaspersen
Background and activities
- 2017 - today: Researcher, NTNU, Dep. of Public Health and Nursing
- 2006 - today: Senior researcher, SINTEF Technology and Society, Dep. of Health
- 2012 - 2017: PhD-candidate, NTNU, Dep. of Public Health and General Practice.
- 2004 - 2006: Master of Science in Economics, NTNU
Health, Unemployment & Disability Pension in Norway: Selection and Causation
- Intro/Aim: The empirical literature shows a well documented association between labor market attachment and health, but the direction of causality is still not obvious. The aim of this project is to investigate both selection effects and causal relationships between health, unemployment and receiving a disability pension.
- Data: HUNT 2, The Norwegian Event Database (FD-trygd), The Norwegian Prescription Database, Cause of Death Registry, Employer/Employee Register, Business Registry.
- Methods: regression analysis (i.e. logistic, survival, instrumental var.)
- Tools: Stata
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Individually tailored self-management app-based intervention (selfBACK) versus a self-management web-based intervention (e-Help) or usual care in people with low back and neck pain referred to secondary care: protocol for a multiarm randomised clinical trial. BMJ Open. vol. 11 (9).
- (2021) Oppfølgingsteam som sammenhengskapende mekanisme for personer med store og sammensatte behov. Tidsskrift for omsorgsforskning. vol. 7 (2).
- (2021) How does general practitioner discontinuity affect healthcare utilisation? An observational cohort study of 2.4 million Norwegians 2007-2017. BMJ Open. vol. 11.
- (2021) Pakkeforløp for psykisk helse og rus – brukere, pårørende og fagfolks erfaringer. SINTEF AS (ISBN starter med 978-82-14-).
- (2020) Should GPs ask patients about their financial concerns? Exploration through collaborative research. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. vol. 38 (2).
- (2020) What is known about the health service use and follow-up of immediate family members bereaved by suicide? Scoping review protocol. BMJ Open. vol. 10 (12).
- (2020) Changes in General Practitioners’ consultation frequency over time for patients with hypertension or anxiety/depression symptoms: a 10-year follow-up of the Norwegian HUNT study. Family Practice. vol. 37 (2).
- (2019) Clinical psychologists in primary mental health care in Norway - what to do?. European Journal of Public Health.
- (2019) One-year trial of 12-hour shifts in a non-intensive care unit and an intensive care unit in a public hospital: a qualitative study of 24 nurses’ experiences. BMJ Open. vol. 9 (7).
- (2019) Use of prescription medication prior to suicide in Norway. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 19 (215).
- (2019) Increasing workload in Norwegian general practice – a qualitative study. BMC Family Practice. vol. 20 (68).
- (2017) Employees' drug purchases before and after organizational downsizing: a natural experiment on the Norwegian working population (2004-2012). Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. vol. 43 (4).
- (2016) Unemployment and initiation of psychotropic medication: a case-crossover study of 2 348 552 Norwegian employees. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. vol. 73.
- (2016) Health and unemployment: 14 Years of follow-up on job loss in the Norwegian HUNT Study. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 26 (2).
- (2016) Transferring psychiatric specialist services to local authorities - Characteristics of the patients involved. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 70 (8).
- (2013) Psykologer i kommunalt psykisk helsearbeid: Behandling eller folkehelsearbeid?. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. vol. 50 (11).
- (2012) Psykisk helsearbeid i norske kommuner: Tallenes tale. Tidsskrift for psykisk helsearbeid. vol. 9 (3).
- (2010) The effects of individual factors and school environment on mental health and prejudiced attitudes among Norwegian adolescents. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. vol. 45 (5).
- (2009) Arbeidsliv og psykisk helse - behov for nye tilnærminger. Søkelys på arbeidsmarkedet. vol. 26 (1).
- (2022) Evaluering av pilot for strukturert tverrfaglig oppfølgingsteam i seks kommuner. Kortversjon. 2022. ISBN 978-82-14-07541-0. SINTEF Rapport (2022:00136).