Siri Ann Nyrnes
Background and activities
I combine clinical work as consultant in pediatric cardiology at the Department of Pediatrics, St. Olav’s University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway with clinical research in cooperation with the Ultrasound Research Group at NTNU.
Special field: Pediatric Cardiology
Qualifications: MD, Board Certified Specialist in Pediatrics, PhD in Medical Technology
Main research Interest: Pediatric Echocardiography. Advanced Flow Imaging. High Framerate Ultrasound. Cerebral Doppler Monitoring - NeoDoppler. Innovation related to clinical ultrasound.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Bicuspid aortic valve flow dynamics using blood speckle tracking in children. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 22.
- (2021) Effects of tilt on cerebral hemodynamics measured by NeoDoppler in healthy neonates. Pediatric Research.
- (2021) Hjernens hemodynamiske respons ved stillingsendring hos friske nyfødte målt med NeoDoppler. Ultraschall in der Medizin. vol. 42 (03).
- (2021) Spontaneous intracardiac contrast in a case with intestinal pneumatosi. BMJ Case Reports. vol. 14.
- (2021) Monitoring of cerebral high intensity transient signals during catheter interventions and surgery for congenital heart disease in infants using NeoDoppler. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 22.
- (2021) Right Ventricular Flow Dynamics in Dilated Right Ventricles: Energy Loss Estimation Based on Blood Speckle Tracking Echocardiography-A Pilot Study in Children. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 47 (6).
- (2021) Assessment of Regional Early Diastolic Intraventricular Pressure Gradients by Blood Speckle Tracking in Children. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 34 (6).
- (2020) Intraventricular Pressure Gradients - Vector Flow Imaging versus Color M-Mode. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2020) Children with Pulmonary Hypertension Have Abnormal Flow patterns in the Main Pulmonary Artery as Shown By High Frame Rate Ultrasound Imaging. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 33 (3).
- (2020) Blood Speckle-Tracking Based on High–Frame Rate Ultrasound Imaging in Pediatric Cardiology. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 33 (4).
- (2020) Assessment of Diastolic Intraventricular Pressure Gradients in Children by Blood Speckle Tracking. A Feasibility Study. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 33 (3).
- (2019) NeoDoppler: New ultrasound technology for continous cerebral circulation monitoring in neonates. Pediatric Research. vol. 87 (1).
- (2019) Live born recipient of twin-twin transfusion syndrome with anomalous mitral arcade. BMJ Case Reports. vol. 12 (5).
- (2018) Cardiac function in newborns of obese women and the effect of exercise during pregnancy. A randomized controlled trial. PLOS ONE. vol. 13 (6).
- (2017) Vector Flow Imaging of Fetal Circulation using Diverging Waves. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2017) In vivo intracardiac vector flow imaging using phased array transducers for pediatric cardiology. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control. vol. 64 (9).
- (2017) Effect of supervised exercise training during pregnancy on neonatal and maternal outcomes among overweight and obese women. Secondary analyses of the ETIP trial: A randomised controlled trial. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (3).
- (2017) Cardiac function in newborns of obese women and the effect of an exercise intervention. European Heart Journal, Supplement. vol. 28.
- (2017) Right ventricular flow dynamics in dilated right ventricles. Energy loss estimation based on blood speckle tracking echocardiography in children. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 30 (6).
- (2016) Detailed flow visualization in fetal and neonatal hearts using 2-D speckle tracking. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. vol. 2016-November.