Background and activities
I combine clinical work as consultant in pediatric cardiology at the Department of Pediatrics, St. Olav’s University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway with clinical research in cooperation with the Ultrasound Research Group at NTNU.
Special field: Pediatric Cardiology
Qualifications: MD, Board Certified Specialist in Pediatrics, PhD in Medical Technology
Main research Interest: Pediatric Echocardiography. Flow imaging.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) In vivo intracardiac vector flow imaging using phased array transducers for pediatric cardiology. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control. vol. 64 (9).
- (2017) Effect of supervised exercise training during pregnancy on neonatal and maternal outcomes among overweight and obese women. Secondary analyses of the ETIP trial: A randomised controlled trial. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (3).
- (2017) Cardiac function in newborns of obese women and the effect of an exercise intervention. European Heart Journal, Supplement.
- (2017) Right ventricular flow dynamics in dilated right ventricles. Energy loss estimation based on blood speckle tracking echocardiography in children. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 30 (6).
- (2016) Detailed flow visualization in fetal and neonatal hearts using 2-D speckle tracking. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. vol. 2016-November.
- (2016) Reconstruction of In Vivo Flow Velocity Fields Based On a Rapid Ultrasound Image Segmentation and B-spline Regularization Framework. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. vol. 2016-November.
- (2016) Model-based estimation of intra-cardiac blood flow velocities using an unscented Kalman filter. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2015) Robust angle-independent blood velocity estimation based on dual-angle plane wave imaging. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control. vol. 62 (10).
- (2015) Flow speckle tracking provides new information of complex blood flow in congenital heart disease. Cardiology in the Young. vol. 25.
- (2014) Live ultrasound-based particle visualization of blood flow in the heart. Spring conference on Computer graphics.
- (2014) Robust angle-independent blood velocity estimation based on multi-angle speckle tracking and vector Doppler. IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium Proceedings.
- (2014) Shunt flow evaluation in congenital heart disease based on two-dimensional speckle tracking. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 40 (10).
- (2014) Blood Flow Imaging in Transesophageal Echocardiography during Atrial Septal Defect Closure: A Comparison with the Current References. Echocardiography. vol. 32 (1).
- (2013) Transesophageal echocardiography with Blood Flow Imaging during Atrial Septal defect closure: A comparison with the current references. Cardiology in the Young. vol. 23.
- (2012) Shunt quantification in congenital heart disease based on two-dimensional speckle tracking. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2012) Angle-independent quantification of complex flow patterns in congenital heart disease. IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium Proceedings.
- (2011) Change in left ventricular vortex flow before and after surgery for coarctation of the aorta in an infant shown with plane wave imaging and flow speckle tracking. Cardiology in the Young. vol. 21.
- (2011) Flow speckle tracking for detailed visualization of flow patterns in neonates with congenital heart defects. European Journal of Echocardiography.
- (2010) Does a new ultrasound flow modality improve visualization of neonatal pulmonary veins?. Echocardiography. vol. 27 (9).
- (2010) Does a new ultrasound flow modality improve visualization of neonatal pulmonary veins?. Hjerteforum. vol. 23 (1).