Siv Anina Etter
Background and activities
Phd candidate; aug 2016, NTNU, Department of biology
Cultivation potential of brown and red macroalgae species integrated with open Salmon fish Aquaculture.
This PhD project aims to obtain new knowledge in cultivation technology for brown and red macroalgae species for use in Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture (IMTA) to mitigate environmental problems related to sea-based aquaculture while obtaining added value of the feed investments of fish production.
Department engineer; aug 2009- feb 2016, NTNU, Department of biology
As a department engineer at NTNU I had many different assignments, from among:
· Conduct nutrient analysis, (Nitrate, Phosphate, Ammonium, Chlorophyll)
· Micorexamination, (quantification and identification of organism, micro- and mesoplankton)
· Practical teacher for Master students and education assistant in the lab and research cruises
· Custom design and produce equipment for field and laboratory experiments
· Plan and carry out experiments plus build laboratory facilities
· Prepare and initiate new analysing methods
· Grow micro- and macroalgea
· Edit raw data with visualizing and rapport writing
· Assist on research and education cruises