Siver Andreas Moestue
Background and activities
I earned my PhD at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), and am now a research professor at the Dept. of Clinical and Molecular Medicine. Trained a MSc. Pharm at the University of Oslo, I started my career as a preclinical researcher in GE Healthcare. Here, I was involved in development of molecularly targeted contrast agents for SPECT/PET, and development of the Sonazoid® microbubble for diagnostic ultrasound imaging of liver cancer. In my current research, I study the role of metabolism in cancer, with focus on diagnostic and therapeutic applications in breast cancer. In an ongoing project funded by the Norwegian Research Council, I study the effect drugs inhibiting the metabolic enzyme cPLA2 in an aggressive subtype of breast cancer. Realizing the importance of the tumor microenvironment, I also have established activities in the interface between immunology, metabolism and metastasis.
- FARM3100 - Research Project in Pharmacy
- FARM3003 - Pharmaceutical Innovation
- FARM3901 - Thesis in Pharmacy
- MEDT8010 - Metabolomics- Methods and Applications
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Phosphatase of Regenerating Liver-3 Regulates Cancer Cell Metabolism in Multiple Myeloma. The FASEB Journal.
- (2021) Detection of phenotype-specific therapeutic vulnerabilities in breast cells using a CRISPR loss-of-function screen. Molecular Oncology. vol. 15 (8).
- (2021) Reproducible lipid alterations in patient-derived breast cancer xenograft FFPE tissue identified with MALDI MSI for pre-clinical and clinical application. Metabolites. vol. 11 (9).
- (2021) Classification and biomarker identification of prostate tissue from TRAMP mice with hyperpolarized 13C-SIRA. Talanta: The International Journal of Pure and Applied Analytical Chemistry. vol. 235.
- (2021) Polymerization as a Strategy to Improve Small Organic Matrices for Low-Molecular-Weight Compound Analytics with MALDI MS and MALDI MS Imaging. ACS Applied Polymer Materials. vol. 3 (8).
- (2021) EMT-derived alterations in glutamine metabolism sensitize mesenchymal breast cells to mTOR inhibition. Molecular Cancer Research.
- (2021) Argininosuccinate lyase is a metabolic vulnerability in breast development and cancer. npj Systems Biology and Applications. vol. 7.
- (2021) Biodistribution of Poly(alkyl cyanoacrylate) Nanoparticles in Mice and Effect on Tumor Infiltration of Macrophages into a Patient-Derived Breast Cancer Xenograft. Nanomaterials. vol. 11 (5).
- (2020) Inhibition of O-GlcNAc transferase activates tumor-suppressor gene expression in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer cells. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2020) Detection of recurrent prostate cancer with 18F-Fluciclovine PET/MRI. Frontiers in Oncology. vol. 10:582092.
- (2019) O-GlcNAc Transferase Inhibition Differentially Affects Breast Cancer Subtypes. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) Detection and Differentiation of Breast Cancer Sub-Types using a cPLA2α Activatable Fluorophore. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) Biomarker discovery using NMR based metabolomics of tissue. Methods in molecular biology. vol. 2037.
- (2019) Glutamine to proline conversion is associated with response to glutaminase inhibition in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research. vol. 21 (1).
- (2019) R2* Relaxation Affects Pharmacokinetic Analysis of Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced MRI in Cancer and Underestimates Treatment Response at 7 T. Tomography. vol. 5 (3).
- (2019) Autocrine activin A signalling in ovarian cancer cells regulates secretion of interleukin 6, autophagy, and cachexia. Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle.
- (2019) Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 Alpha Regulates TLR Signaling and Migration in Metastatic 4T1 Cells. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 20 (19).
- (2018) NMR-Based Prostate Cancer Metabolomics. Methods in molecular biology. vol. 1786.
- (2018) NMR-based metabolomics of biofluids in cancer. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 32 (10).
- (2018) 18F-Fluciclovine PET/MRI for preoperative lymph node staging in high-risk prostate cancer patients. European Radiology.