Siver Andreas Moestue
Background and activities
I earned my PhD at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), and am now a research professor at the Dept. of Clinical and Molecular Medicine. Trained a MSc. Pharm at the University of Oslo, I started my career as a preclinical researcher in GE Healthcare. Here, I was involved in development of molecularly targeted contrast agents for SPECT/PET, and development of the Sonazoid® microbubble for diagnostic ultrasound imaging of liver cancer. In my current research, I study the role of metabolism in cancer, with focus on diagnostic and therapeutic applications in breast cancer. In an ongoing project funded by the Norwegian Research Council, I study the effect drugs inhibiting the metabolic enzyme cPLA2 in an aggressive subtype of breast cancer. Realizing the importance of the tumor microenvironment, I also have established activities in the interface between immunology, metabolism and metastasis.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) O-GlcNAc Transferase Inhibition Differentially Affects Breast Cancer Subtypes. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) Detection and Differentiation of Breast Cancer Sub-Types using a cPLA2α Activatable Fluorophore. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) Biomarker discovery using NMR based metabolomics of tissue. Methods in molecular biology. vol. 2037.
- (2019) Glutamine to proline conversion is associated with response to glutaminase inhibition in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research. vol. 21 (1).
- (2019) R2* Relaxation Affects Pharmacokinetic Analysis of Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced MRI in Cancer and Underestimates Treatment Response at 7 T. Tomography. vol. 5 (3).
- (2019) Autocrine activin A signalling in ovarian cancer cells regulates secretion of interleukin 6, autophagy, and cachexia. Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle.
- (2019) Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 Alpha Regulates TLR Signaling and Migration in Metastatic 4T1 Cells. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. vol. 20 (19).
- (2018) NMR-Based Prostate Cancer Metabolomics. Methods in molecular biology. vol. 1786.
- (2018) NMR-based metabolomics of biofluids in cancer. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 32 (10).
- (2018) 18F-Fluciclovine PET/MRI for preoperative lymph node staging in high-risk prostate cancer patients. European Radiology.
- (2018) APIM-peptide targeting PCNA improves the efficacy of docetaxel treatment in the TRAMP mouse model of prostate cancer. OncoTarget. vol. 9 (14).
- (2017) Combined 18F-Fluciclovine PET/MRI shows potential for detection and characterization of high-risk prostate cancer. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. vol. 59 (5).
- (2017) Metabolic Response to Everolimus in Patient-Derived Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Xenografts. Journal of Proteome Research. vol. 16 (5).
- (2017) Non-Invasive Prostate Cancer Characterization with Diffusion-Weighted MRI: Insight from In silico Studies of a Transgenic Mouse Model. Frontiers in Oncology. vol. 7.
- (2017) Anti-angiogenic therapy affects the relationship between tumor vascular structure and function: A correlation study between micro?computed tomography angiography and dynamic contrast enhanced MRI. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. vol. 78 (4).
- (2017) Multiparametric Characterization of Response to Anti-angiogenic Therapy Using USPIO Contrast-enhanced MRI in Combination with Dynamic Contrast-enhanced MRI. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. vol. 47 (6).
- (2017) Pharmacokinetics of Perfluorobutane after Intra-venous Bolus Injection of Sonazoid in Healthy Chinese Volunteers. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 43 (5).
- (2017) Cancer cachexia associates with a systemic autophagy-inducing activity mimicked by cancer cell-derived IL-6 trans-signaling. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2016) A PET/MRI study towards finding the optimal [18F]Fluciclovine PET protocol for detection and characterisation of primary prostate cancer. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
- (2016) Impact of freezing delay time on tissue samples for metabolomic studies. Frontiers in Oncology. vol. 6.