Siw Tone Innstrand
Background and activities
I give lectures and teach in various fields such as occupational health, work environment, health promotion, intervention research and quantitative method.
I am researching, and have helped develop, ARK, which is a comprehensive implementation program to promote psychosocial work environment in academia. I am also associated with the EU project "H-Work - Multilevel Interventions to Promote Mental Health in SMEs and Public Workplaces". Together with 14 partners from nine different countries, we will develop and test interventions, measuring instruments, tools and models to promote mental health in Europe. I am PI for Norway in the project "Healthy workplaces" which is in collaboration with UC Berkeley and BI Campus Stavanger.
Work and health
Awards and membership
Member, The Royal Norwegian Science Society, 2019-
Founder and member of the "European Forum for Health Promotion" (HP Forum), 2018-
Member of the IUHPE / Euro Regional Committee, 2018-
Member of “Global Health and Education UNESCO chair and UNITWIN network”, 2018-
Member of “International Exchange Alumni, Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs, USA”, 2017-
Fulbright scholarship 2016/2017
Scientific advisory board of Center for Salutogenes, Trollhättan, Sweden, 2015-
“Top cited article of 2013”. Stress and Health published by Wiley
“Best Paper Overall 2012”. Stress and Health published by Wiley
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) The line manager’s role in implementing successful organizational interventions. The Spanish Journal of Psychology. vol. 22.
- (2019) Affective organizational commitment among nursing home employees: A longitudinal study on the influence of a health‐promoting work environment. Nursing Open. vol. 00.
- (2019) Work-Related Sense of Coherence and Longitudinal Relationships with Work Engagement and Job Satisfaction. Scandinavian Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology. vol. 4 (1).
- (2018) Academic work engagement, resources and productivity: empirical evidence with policy implications. Studies in Higher Education.
- (2018) Healthy universities. The development and implementation of a holistic health promotion intervention program especially adopted for the educational sector. The ARK study. Global Health Promotion.
- (2017) Validation of the Norwegian version of the work-related sense of coherence scale. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 46 (7).
- (2017) Work engagement - A double edged Sword: A Study of the Relationship between Work Engagement and the Work-Home Interaction Using the ARK Research Platform. Scandinavian Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology.
- (2017) Has life satisfaction in Norway increased over a 20-year period? Exploring age and gender differences in a prospective longitudinal study, HUNT. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 46 (1).
- (2016) Academic Work Engagement, Resources and Productivity: Implications for Intervention Policies. Webside: http://www.srhe.ac.uk/conference2016/abstracts.
- (2016) Job autonomy in higher education, a mediator between empowering leadership and engagement. Webside: http://www.srhe.ac.uk/conference2016/abstracts.
- (2016) Occupational differences in work engagement: A longitudinal study among eight occupational groups in Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 57 (4).
- (2016) Work engagement: A double-edged sword? A study on the relationship between work engagement and the work-home interaction. Webside: http://www.srhe.ac.uk/conference2016/abstracts.
- (2015) The predictive value of job demands and resources on the meaning of work and organisational commitment across different age groups in the higher education sector. Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management. vol. 38 (1).
- (2015) The workplace as a setting: health promotion in the workplace. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 25.
- (2015) The presentation and preliminary validation of KIWEST using a large sample of Norwegian university staff. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 43.
- (2013) The effect of nurse-patient interaction on anxiety and depression in cognitively intact nursing home patients. Journal of Clinical Nursing. vol. 22 (15-16).
- (2012) The Effect of Self-Transcendence on Depression in Cognitively Intact Nursing Home Patients. ISRN Psychiatry.
- (2012) A longitudinal study of the relationship between work engagement and symptoms of anxiety and depression. Stress and Health. vol. 28 (1).
- (2011) From disease prevention to health promotion in health psychology. Psychology and Health. vol. 26.
- (2011) Healthy occupations? Exploring occupational differences in work engagement. Psychology and Health. vol. 26.