Background and activities
M.Sc., Industrial mathematics, NTNU, 1983
Ph.D., statistics, NTNU, 1988
Lydersen, S. (2022). Multiple Imputation of Missing Data. Tidsskr Nor Legeforen, 141(2).
Stensvold, D., Viken, H., Steinshamn, S. L., Dalen, H., Støylen, A., Loennechen, J. P., Reitlo, L. S., Zisko, N., Bækkerud, F. H., Tari, A. R., Sandbakk, S. B., Carlsen, T., Ingebrigtsen, J. E., Lydersen, S., Mattsson, E., Anderssen, S. A., Fiatarone Singh, M. A., Coombes, J. S., Skogvoll, E., Vatten, L. J., Helbostad, J. L., Rognmo, Ø., & Wisløff, U. (2020). Effect of exercise training for five years on all cause mortality in older adults-the Generation 100 study: randomised controlled trial. BMJ, 371, m3485.
Lydersen, S. (2020). Should we adjust for background variables in a randomised controlled trial? Tidsskr Nor Legeforen, 140(5).
Lydersen, S. (2020). Samsvar mellom observatører – eller interobservatørsamsvar? Tidsskr Nor Legeforen, 140(5).
Lydersen, S. 2017. Hva er sannsynligheten for riktig resultat av en diagnostisk test? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening, 137, (18) 1437
Prestmo, A., Hagen, G., Sletvold, O., Helbostad, J.L., Thingstad, P., Taraldsen, K., Lydersen, S., Halsteinli, V., Saltnes, T., Lamb, S.E., Johnsen, L.G., & Saltvedt, I. 2015. Comprehensive geriatric care for patients with hip fractures: a prospective, randomised, controlled trial. Lancet, 385, (9978) 1623-1633
Lydersen, S. 2015. Statistical review: frequently given comments. Ann.Rheum.Dis., 74, (2) 323-325
Fagerland, M. W., Lydersen, S., & Laake, P. 2015. Recommended confidence intervals for two independent binomial proportions. Statistical Methods in Medical research, 42, (2) 224-254
Strand, K.M., Heimstad, R., Iversen, A.C., Austgulen, R., Lydersen, S., Andersen, G.L., Irgens, L.M., & Vik, T. 2013. Mediators of the association between pre-eclampsia and cerebral palsy: population based cohort study. BMJ, 347, f4089
Lydersen, S., Langaas, M., & Bakke, Ø. 2012, "The Exact Unconditional z-pooled Test for Equality of Two Binomial Probabilities: Optimal Choice of the Berger and Boos Confidence Coefficient", Journal of Statistical Computation and simulation, vol. 82, no. 9, pp. 1311-1316.
Lydersen, S., Fagerland, M. W., & Laake, P. 2009, "Tutorial in biostatistics: Recommended tests for association in 2x2 tables", Statistics in Medicine.
Lydersen, S. 2007, "The human sex ratio in New York did not change after 11 September 2001". Human Reproduction.
Lydersen, S., Pradhan, V., Senchaudhuri, P., & Laake, P. 2007 "Choice of test for association in small sample unordered rxc tables". Statistics in Medicine.
Lydersen, S., Pradhan, V., Laake, P., & Senchaudhuri, P. 2005, "Power Comparison of Exact Tests for Association in Unordered rxc Contingency Tables Using standard, Mid p, and Randomized Test Versions.", Journal of Statistical Computation and simulation, vol. 75 (6), pp. 447-458.
Lydersen, S. & Laake, P. 2003, "Power comparison of two-sided exact tests for association in 2 x 2 contingency tables using standard, mid p and randomized test versions", Stat.Med., vol. 22, no. 24, pp. 3859-3871.
Lydersen, S. 1992, "Clayton's Model for Dependent Components in Systems Reliability", Reliability Engineering and Systems Safety, vol. 36, pp. 53-58.
Lydersen, S. & Rausand, M. 1987, "A systematic Approach to Accelerated Life Testing.", Reliability Engineering, vol. 18, no. 4.
Lydersen, S., Hansen, G. K, Sandtorv, H. (editors) 1998: "Safety and Reliability". Proceedings of the European Conference on Safety and Reliability - ESREL'98, Trondheim 16 - 19 June 1998. Balkema Publishers, Rotterdam.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Five years of exercise intervention at different intensities and development of white matter hyperintensities in community dwelling older adults, a Generation 100 sub-study. Aging. vol. 14 (2).
- (2022) Risk factors for the right colon, left colon, and rectal cancers differ between men and women: the population-based HUNT study in Norway. Colorectal Disease.
- (2022) Autismespekterforstyrrelser hos barn i førskolealder i Sør-Trøndelag 2016–19. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 142 (5).
- (2022) Physical Performance and Cognition as Predictors of Instrumental Activities of Daily Living After Stroke: A Prospective Multicenter Cohort Study. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. vol. 103 (7).
- (2022) Digital cognitive behaviour therapy for insomnia (dCBT-I): Chronotype moderation on intervention outcomes. Journal of Sleep Research. vol. 31.
- (2022) Associations between executive functions, intelligence and adaptive behaviour in children and adolescents with mild intellectual disability. Journal of Intellectual Disabilities.
- (2022) Cognitive behavioural group therapy as addition to psychoeducation and pharmacological treatment for adolescents with ADHD symptoms and related impairments: a randomised controlled trial. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 22 (1).
- (2022) Sex Differences and Similarities in Risk Factors of Physical Aggression in Adolescence. Journal of Child and Family Studies.
- (2022) Octogenarian patients with colon cancer – postoperative morbidity and mortality are the major challenges. BMC Cancer. vol. 22.
- (2022) Change Over 11–13 Year Periods in Quality of Life, Emotional Problems and Negative Stressful Life Events Among 13–17 Year Old Students. Child Psychiatry and Human Development.
- (2022) Cardiovascular Health Does Not Change Following High-Intensity Interval Training in Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Journal of Clinical Medicine. vol. 11 (6).
- (2022) Analyse av longitudinelle data. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 142 (5).
- (2022) Parede kategoriske data. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 142 (8).
- (2022) Health-related quality of life in young adults born small for gestational age: a prospective cohort study. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. vol. 20 (1).
- (2022) Is Frailty Index a better predictor than pre-stroke modified Rankin Scale for neurocognitive outcomes 3-months post-stroke?. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 22 (1).
- (2022) The relationship of acute delirium with cognitive and psychiatric symptoms after stroke: a longitudinal study. BMC Neurology. vol. 22 (1).
- (2022) Change in toddlers' cortisol activity during a year in childcare. Associations with childcare quality, child temperament, well-being and maternal education. Stress. vol. 25 (1).
- (2022) Targeting Internalizing Symptoms in Children: What is the Impact on School Functioning?. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research.
- (2022) Perceived Social Support and Symptom Loads of Psychiatric Disorders among Adolescents in Residential Youth Care. Social work research (Print). vol. 46.
- (2022) Psychometric properties of the caregiver-teacher report form in a sample of Norwegian preschool children. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry.