Background and activities
- Computational Geotechnics, in particular constitutive modeling of soil. Numerical modeling for geotechnical design. Applications of geomechanical modeling related to Geohazards.
- TBA4100 Geotechnics and geology - Introductory course
- TBA4116 Geotechnical Engineering - Advanced course
- BA8304 Soil Modelling - Post graduate course, a one week course 2016, 2018...
- BA8305 Geodynamics - Post graduate course, a one or two weeks course 2017, 2019...
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Geotechnical characterization of Halsen-Stjørdal silt, Norway. AIMS Geosciences. vol. 6 (3).
- (2020) Effects of Drilling for Tieback Anchors on Surrounding Ground: Results from Field Tests. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. vol. 146 (8).
- (2020) Physical modelling of pile drilling in sand. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print).
- (2020) Formulation of non-coaxial plastic dissipation and stress–dilatancy relations for geomaterials. Acta Geotechnica. vol. 15.
- (2019) Relations and links between soil mechanics, porous media physics, physiochemical theory, and effective medium theory. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 7:41.
- (2019) A geochemical, mineralogical and geotechnical characterization of the low plastic, highly sensitive glaciomarine clay at Dragvoll, Norway. AIMS Geosciences. vol. 5 (4).
- (2019) Site characterisation and some examples from large scale testing at the Klett quick clay research site. AIMS Geosciences. vol. 5 (3).
- (2018) Improved geotechnical properties in salt-treated highly sensitive landslide-prone clays. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers : Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 171 (3).
- (2018) Shear bands in undrained plane strain compression of Norwegian quick clays. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print). vol. 55 (1).
- (2018) Laboratory investigation of performance of a screen type debris-flow countermeasure. HKIE Transactions. vol. 25 (2).
- (2017) Isogeometric analysis of THM coupled processes in ground freezing. Computers and geotechnics. vol. 88.
- (2017) IMPLEMENTATION OF NON-NEWTONIAN RHEOLOGY FOR DEBRIS FLOW SIMULATION WITH REEF3D. Proceedings of the IAHR World Congress.
- (2017) In Situ Improvement of Highly Sensitive Clays by Potassium Chloride Migration. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. vol. 143 (10).
- (2017) Effectiveness of resistivity cone penetration tests in salt-treated highly sensitive clay. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers. Ground improvement. vol. 170 (3).
- (2017) Investigation of the change in soil fabric during cone penetration in silt using 2D measurements. Acta Geotechnica. vol. 13 (1).
- (2016) Constitutive model for rate-independent behavior of saturated frozen soils. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print). vol. 53 (10).
- (2016) Discussion of ‘Soil creep effects on ground lateral deformation and pore water pressure under embankments’. Geomechanics and Geoengineering. vol. 11 (1).
- (2016) Microscopy techniques for viewing the inner structure of shear bands in sensitive clays. Geotechnical Testing Journal. vol. 39 (4).
- (2016) Impact vibration test of monopile foundation model in dry sand. International Journal of Physical Modelling in Geotechnics. vol. 16 (2).
- (2015) Adaptive isogeometric finite element analysis of steady-state groundwater flow. International journal for numerical and analytical methods in geomechanics (Print). vol. 40.