Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Does time extend asymmetrically into the past and the future? A multitask crosscultural study. Language and Cognition. vol. 14 (2).
- (2022) The changing faces of autism: The fluctuating international diagnostic criteria and the resulting inclusion and exclusion—A Norwegian perspective. Frontiers in Psychiatry. vol. 13.
- (2022) Policy Values in Early Childhood Education: A Cross-Cultural Comparative From 13 Countries. ECNU Review of Education.
- (2021) Extending the field of extended language: A literature review on figurative language processing in neurodevelopmental disorders. Frontiers in Communication. vol. 6.
- (2020) Temporal focus and time spatialization across cultures. Psychonomic Bulletin & Review. vol. 27.
- (2019) Emerging empowerment of international students: how international student literature has shifted to include the students’ voices. Higher Education. vol. 78 (5).
- (2019) Gaze and Motor Traces of Language Processing: Evidence from Autism Spectrum Disorders in Comparison to Typical Controls. Cognitive Neuropsychology.
- (2017) Reading and writing direction effects on the aesthetic perception of photographs. Laterality: Asymmetries of Body, Brain and Cognition. vol. 22 (3).
- (2017) Can you tell it by the prime: A study of metaphorical priming in high-functioning autism in comparison with matched controls. International journal of language and communication disorders. vol. 52 (6).
- (2017) Is Beauty in the Hand of the Writer? Influences of Aesthetic Preferences through Script Directions, Cultural, and Neurological Factors: A Literature Review. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 8.
- (2016) Can you play with fire and not hurt yourself? A Comparative study in figurative language comprehension between individuals with and without Autism Spectrum Disorder. PLOS ONE. vol. 11 (12).
- (2016) Predictors of metaphorical understanding in high functioning autism. Lingue e linguaggio. vol. 15 (1).
- (2015) Figurative language processing in atypical populations: The ASD perspective. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. vol. 9:24.
- (2017) FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE PROCESSING: A COMPARATIVE STUDY BETWEEN TYPICALLY DEVELOPING INDIVIDUALS AND HIGHLY VERBAL INDIVIDUALS WITH AUTISM. 2017.