Sol H. Jacobsen
Background and activities
My research interests are in fundamental quantum physics and my current work is primarily with superconductors and magnetic systems in the QuSpin centre of excellence in spintronics. My background covers a wide variety of topics in fundamental quantum theory, from quantum error correction, entanglement, optimal state preservation, integrable systems and quantum optics. I received my Ph.D. from the University of Tasmania, Australia, under the guidance of Peter Jarvis, and I received a joint honours degree in Physics with Philosophy from the University of York, U.K., where I received the university's Goodwin Prize for my dissertation. I have three young children who keep me busy the rest of the time.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Curvature control of the superconducting proximity effect in diffusive ferromagnetic nanowires. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 105 (13).
- (2021) Magnetic control of superconducting heterostructures using compensated antiferromagnets. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 103 (6).
- (2021) Curvature-induced long-range supercurrents in diffusive superconductor-ferromagnet-superconductor Josephson junctions with a dynamic 0−π transition. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 104 (6).
- (2020) Macroscale nonlocal transfer of superconducting signatures to a ferromagnet in a cavity. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 102 (18).
- (2017) Quasiclassical theory for the superconducting proximity effect in Dirac materials. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 95 (23).
- (2017) Quantum kinetic equations and anomalous nonequilibrium Cooper-pair spin accumulation in Rashba wires with Zeeman splitting. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 96:134513 (13).
- (2017) Conservation of spin supercurrents in superconductors. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 96 (9).
- (2016) Controlling superconducting spin flow with spin-flip immunity using a single homogeneous ferromagnet. Scientific Reports. vol. 6.
- (2015) Giant triplet proximity effect in π-biased Josephson junctions with spin-orbit coupling. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 92 (2).
- (2015) Critical temperature and tunneling spectroscopy of superconductor-ferromagnet hybrids with intrinsic Rashba-Dresselhaus spin-orbit coupling. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 92 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Spin-orbit interactions, spin currents, and magnetization dynamics in superconductor/ferromagnet hybrids. Superconductors at the Nanoscale - From Basic Research to Applications.
- (2016) Superconducting order in magnetic heterostructures. Advanced magnetic and optical materials.