Background and activities
PhD in Polymer Chemistry, University of Patras, Greece, (2006)
Diploma in Chemistry, University of Patras, Greece (2001)
RESEARCH & TEACHING APPOINTMENTS
2018- : Associate Professor, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
2016-2017 : Postdoctoral Researcher, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
2012-2015 : Postdoctoral Researcher, TPCI, NHRF, Athens, Greece.
2011-2012 : Research Associate, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus.
2008-2011 : Postdoctoral Researcher, TPCI, NHRF, Athens, Greece.
MAIN RESEARCH INTERESTS
Synthesis, structural, optoelectronic and morphological characterisation of semiconducting polymers.
Functionalization and characterization of graphene, carbon nanotubes and fullerene hybrid materials.
Photovoltaic device fabrication and optimization.
Participant in four national and international research projects in collaboration with academic and industrial organizations. (Konarka Technologies, EPAN 13, Nanohost, Strategic Infrastructure Grant Cyprus)
Coordinator of one national research project (Graphcell)
Recipient of one schloraship from the State Scholarship Foundation (IKY)
CONFERENCES AND INVITED TALKS
More than 30 National and International Conferences on Chemistry and Material Science. Organizing committee in two international conferences (C-Nano ’09, FSAS 2010).
Teaching of postgraduate-level course "TKJ4180-Physical Organic Chemistry", Department of Chemistry, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Co-Teaching of undergraduate course "Inorganic Chemistry 101" Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering, Cyprus University of Technology
Co-Teaching of undergraduate course "Polymers and Composites 434" Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
Training of undergraduate students in the laboratory of "Analytical Chemistry" Chemistry Department, University of Patras, Greece
Training of postgraduate students of the "Polymer Science and Technology Programme" in the laboratory of "Polymer Characterization". Chemistry Department, University of Patras, Greece
Training of undergraduate students in the laboratory of "Polymer Science", Chemistry Department, University of Patras, Greece
Training of undergraduate students in the laboratory of "Industrial Processes", Chemistry Department, University of Patras, Greece
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & ACTIVITIES
Member of the Greek Chemical Society.
30 publications in international refereed journals, 2 book chapters.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) The dye-sensitized solar cell database. Journal of Cheminformatics. vol. 10:18.
- (2018) Effect of π-linkers on phenothiazine sensitizers for dye-sensitized solar cells. Dyes and pigments. vol. 151.
- (2017) Photovoltaic limitations of BODIPY:fullerene based bulk heterojunction solar cells. Synthetic metals. vol. 226.
- (2017) Fabrication of a “Green” and Low–Cost Screen–Printed Graphene Sensor and Its Application to the Determination of Caffeine by Adsorptive Stripping Voltammetry. International Journal of Electrochemical Science. vol. 12.
- (2015) Multichromophores Onto Graphene: Supramolecular Non-Covalent Approaches for Efficient Light Harvesting. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 119 (15).
- (2013) Novel BODIPY-based conjugated polymers donors for organic photovoltaic applications. RSC Advances. vol. 3 (26).
- (2013) Identifying potential candidates for donor–acceptor copolymers on a series of 4H-1,2,6-thiadiazines: An electrochemical approach. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 107.
- (2013) New hybrid materials with porphyrin-ferrocene and porphyrin-pyrene covalently linked to single-walled carbon nanotubes. RSC Advances. vol. 3 (16).
- (2013) Chemical Functionalization of Exfoliated Graphene. Chemistry - A European Journal. vol. 19 (39).
- (2013) Size-Dependent Charge Transfer in Blends of PbS Quantum Dots with a Low-Gap Silicon-Bridged Copolymer. Advanced Energy Materials. vol. 3 (11).
- (2011) Microwave-assisted Functionalization of Carbon Nanostructured Materials. Current organic chemistry. vol. 15 (8).
- (2011) Graphene oxide with covalently linked porphyrin antennae: Synthesis, characterization and photophysical properties. Journal of Materials Chemistry. vol. 21 (1).
- (2010) Exfoliation and Chemical Modification Using Microwave Irradiation Affording Highly Functionalized Graphene. ACS Nano. vol. 4 (12).
- (2010) Microwave assisted covalent functionalization of C60@SWCNT peapods. Chemical Communications. vol. 46 (48).
- (2010) Porphyrin counter anion in imidazolium-modified graphene-oxide. Carbon. vol. 48 (3).
- (2010) Molecular recognition of La@C82 endohedral metallofullerene by an isophthaloyl-bridged porphyrin dimer. Tetrahedron Letters. vol. 51 (45).
- (2010) Fullerene–Coumarin Dyad as a Selective Metal Receptor: Synthesis, Photophysical Properties, Electrochemistry and Ion Binding Studies. Chemistry - A European Journal. vol. 16 (39).
- (2010) Polymer and Hybrid Electron Accepting Materials Based on a Semiconducting Perfluorophenylquinoline. Macromolecules. vol. 43 (11).
- (2009) Solvent-free microwave-assisted Bingel reaction in carbon nanohorns. Journal of Materials Chemistry. vol. 19 (39).
- (2009) Photoinduced electron transfer in aqueous carbon nanotube/block copolymer/CdS hybrids: application in the construction of photoelectrochemical cells. Journal of Materials Chemistry. vol. 19.
- (2007) Synthesis of a Soluble n-Type Cyano Substituted Polythiophene Derivative: A Potential Electron Acceptor in Polymeric Solar Cells. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 111 (28).
- (2007) New rod–coil block copolymers consisting of terfluorene segments and electron transporting units as the flexible blocks. European Polymer Journal. vol. 43 (12).
- (2007) Synthesis and Characterization of Random Copolymers Combining Terfluorene Segments and Hole or Electron Transporting Moieties. Journal of macromolecular science. Pure and applied chemistry (Print). vol. 44 (9).
- (2007) Novel brush-type copolymers bearing thiophene backbone and side chain quinoline blocks. Synthesis and their use as a compatibilizer in thiophene-quinoline polymer blends. Macromolecules. vol. 40 (4).
- (2006) Synthesis and Optical Properties on a Series of Polyethers Incorporating Terfluorene Segments and Methylene Spacers. Journal of macromolecular science. Pure and applied chemistry (Print). vol. 43 (3).
- (2006) Synthesis of Soluble Main‐Chain Poly(Quinolines). Journal of macromolecular science. Pure and applied chemistry (Print). vol. 43 (7).
- (2005) Synthesis and optical properties of new end-functionalized polyquinolines. Chemistry of Materials. vol. 17 (5).
- (2005) Bulk heterojunction photovoltaic cells from polymer mixtures with soluble oxadiazole and quinoline polymers as electron acceptors. Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings. vol. 836 (L5.16).
- (2004) Synthesis and characterization of conjugated polymers and their blends for optoelectronic applications. Macromolecular Symposia. vol. 205 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2014) Overview of Polymer and Copolymer Materials for Organic Photovoltaics. Organic Photovoltaics.
- (2012) Functionalization of Graphene. Handbook of Carbon Nano Materials Volume 4: Materials and Fundamental Applications.