Solveig Stubmo Aamlid
Background and activities
I am a PhD canditate in the inorganic chemistry group. My research topic is ferroelectric tetragonal tungsten bronzes. I have made ceramic pellets and powders of various chemical compositions that crystallize in the tungsten bronze structure. Characterization methods I have used include diffraction techniques (powder XRD, monochromatic XRD, PDF), electrical characterization (dielectric spectroscopy, piezoresponse measurements), and temperature-dependent measurments (HT-XRD, temperature dependent dielectric spectroscopy, dilatometry, DSC, in-situ PDF). At the moment I am working mainly with DFT. From April to September 2019 I visited the group of Prof. Dr. Ulrich Aschauer at Universität Bern to learn more about their methods. I am grateful for the support from I. K. Lykkes fond 2019 which made this exchange possible.
Main advisor: Tor Grande
Co-advisor: Sverre Magnus Selbach
I started in the 5 year integrated master's degree programme in nanoengineering at NTNU fall 2011. In my third year I chose nanotechnology for materials, energy and the environment as my field of study. In my fourth year, I travelled to UC San Diego, where I took graduate courses in physics, electronics, and nanoscience. My master's thesis was submitted in june 2016, at the department of materials science and engineering. The topics of the thesis were ceramic powder synthesis and processing, various XRD characterization methods, and dielectric spectroscopy applied to SBN, a ferroelectric tetragonal tungsten bronze.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) The Effect of Cation Disorder on Ferroelectric Properties of SrxBa1xNb2O6 Tungsten Bronzes. Materials. vol. 12.
- (2019) Structural Evolution of Ferroelectric and Ferroelastic Barium Sodium Niobate (BNN) Tungsten Bronze. F2CPi2 Joint conference 2019 ; Lausanne. 2019-07-15 - 2019-07-19.
- (2018) Framtidens supermaterialer. Researcher's Night 2018 ; 2018-09-28.
- (2018) Cation disordering in tetragonal tungsten bronzes. Det 21. landsmøte i Kjemi . NKS - Norsk kjemisk selskap; Lillestrøm. 2018-10-16 - 2018-10-17.
- (2018) Cation disordering in tetragonal tungsten bronzes. INASCON - International Nanoscience Student Conference ; Trondheim. 2018-08-07 - 2018-08-10.
- (2018) Cation disordering in tetragonal tungsten bronzes. 2018 ISAF-FMA-AMF-AMEC-PFM (IFAAP) Joint Conference ; Hiroshima. 2018-05-27 - 2018-06-01.
- (2017) Fremtidens supermaterialer for økt energieffektivitet. Researchers' Night 2017 . NTNU, NFR, Forskningsdagene 2017; Realfagsbygget, Gløshaugen. 2017-09-29 - 2017-09-29.
- (2016) Svevetog og spektakulære materialer. Researchers Night-2016 . NTNU; Trondheim. 2016-09-23 - 2016-09-23.
- (2016) The effect of thermal history on cation ordering and the phase transition in SBN. Electroceramics XV ; Limoges. 2016-06-27 - 2016-06-29.