Sonja Benedikte Andersen
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Autocrine activin A signalling in ovarian cancer cells regulates secretion of interleukin 6, autophagy, and cachexia. Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle.
- (2017) Cancer cachexia associates with a systemic autophagy-inducing activity mimicked by cancer cell-derived IL-6 trans-signaling. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2015) MRI Reveals the in Vivo Cellular and Vascular Response to BEZ235 in Ovarian Cancer Xenografts with Different PI3-Kinase Pathway Activity. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 112 (3).
- (2013) The N-Terminally Truncated mu 3 and mu 3-Like Opioid Receptors Are Transcribed from a Novel Promoter Upstream of Exon 2 in the Human OPRM1 Gene. PLOS ONE. vol. 8 (8).
- (2011) XRCC1 Coordinates Disparate Responses and Multiprotein Repair Complexes Depending on the Nature and Context of the DNA Damage. Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis. vol. 52 (8).
- (2009) Extracts of proliferating and non-proliferating human cells display different base excision pathways and repair fidelity. DNA Repair. vol. 8 (7).
- (2009) Variation in the COMT gene: Implications for Pain Perception and Pain Treatment. Pharmacogenomics (London). vol. 10 (4).
- (2008) Identification of an alternative, putative promoter and new alternatively spliced transcripts from the human µ opioid receptor gene, OPRM1. Palliative Medicine. vol. 22 (4).
- (2006) Base excision repair proteins in cancer prevention and acquired immune responses. The FEBS Journal. vol. 273.
- (2005) Monoclonal B-cell hyperplasia and leukocyte imbalance precede development of B-cell malignancies in uracil-DNA glycosylase deficient mice. DNA Repair. vol. 4 (12).
- (2005) Incorporation of dUMP into DNA is a major source of spontaneous DNA damage, while excision of uracil is not required for cytotoxicity of fluoropyrimidines in mouse embryonic fibroblasts. Carcinogenesis. vol. 26 (3).
- (2005) B cells from hyper-IgM patients carrying UNG mutations lack ability to remove uracil from ssDNA and have elevated genomic uracil. Journal of Experimental Medicine. vol. 201.
- (2003) Gene-targeted mice lacking the Ung uracil-DNA glycosylase develop B-cell lymphomas. Oncogene. vol. 22.
- (2001) Atypical l/i PKC conveys 5-LO/LTB4-mediated cross-talk between PLA2s and NF-kB activation in response to TNF-a and IL-1b. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 276.
- (2001) Properties and Functions of Human Uracil-DNA Glycosylase from the UNG Gene. Progress in Nucleic Acid Research and Molecular Biology. vol. 68.
- (2000) Presence of group IIa secretory phospholipase A2 in mast cells and macrophages in normal human ileal submucosa and in Crohn's disease. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. vol. 38 (12).
- (2000) ) Ung-deficient mice reveal a primary role of the uracil-DNA glycosylase enzyme during DNA replication. Molecular Cell.
- (2000) URACIL-DNA Glycosylase (UNG)-Deficient Mice Reveal a Primary Role of the Enzyme during DNA Replication. Molecular Cell. vol. 5.
- (1997) Localization of nonpancreatic phospholipase A2 in normal and atherosclerotic arteries; Activity of the isolated enzyme on low-density lipoproteins. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology. vol. 17.
- (1997) Localization of nonpancreatic secretory phospholipase A2 in normal and atherosclerotic arteries : activity of the isolated enzyme on low-density lipoproteins. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology. vol. 17 (2).