Background and activities
- Spectral imaging
- Image quality
- Multimodal imaging
- Cultural heritage imaging
- CHANGE: Cultural Heritage Analysis for New GEnerations. Project funded by EU Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions. Role: Deputy coordinator, PhD supervisor, Proposal coordinator. 2019-2023.
- HiPerNav: High Performance Soft Tssue Navigation. Project funded by EU Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions. Role: Proposal writing, Project manager (5 months). 2016-2020.
- CHANGE - Development of Imaging Tools for Change Detection of Cultural Heritage Objects. Project funded by Regional Research Council Innlandet. Role: Project leader. 2016-2018.
- MULTIFORESEE: MULTI-modal Imaging of FOREnsic SciEnce Evidence. EU COST Action CA16101. Role: MC member (substitute), Norway. 2016-2020.
- Hyperspectral Imaging and Analysis of Ancient Manuscripts. Project funded by Regional Research Council Innlandet. Project funded by Regional Research Council Innlandet. Role: Researcher. 2014-2016
- HyperDerm – Imaging system prototype setup and evaluation. Project funded by Regional Research Council Innlandet. Role: Project participant. 2014-2016.
- COSCH: Colour and Space in Cultural Heritage. EU COST-Action TD 1201. Role: MC member (substitute), Norway. 2012-2016.
- HyPerCept: Color and Quality in Higher Dimensions. SHP Project funded the Research Council of Norway. Role: Researcher. 2013-2016
- Yggdrasil: Color and spectral imaging for cultural heritage applications. Project funded the Research Council of Norway. Role: Visiting Researcher. 2012-2013
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Automated salamander recognition using deep neural networks and feature extraction. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2019) Spectral-divergence based pigment discrimination and mapping: A case study on The Scream (1893) by Edvard Munch. Journal of the American Institute for Conservation. vol. 58 (1-2).
- (2019) Ink Classification Using Convolutional Neural Network. NISK Journal.
- (2019) Comparison of Ink Classification Capabilities of Classic Hyperspectral Similarity Features. Proceedings of 2019 International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition Workshops (ICDARW).
- (2019) An automatic image-based system for detecting wild and stocked fish. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2019) Hyperspectral imaging of art: Acquisition and calibration workflows. Journal of the American Institute for Conservation. vol. 58 (1-2).
- (2018) 2018 Colour and Visual Computing Symposium (CVCS); 19th and 20th September, 2018, Gjøvik, Norway. IEEE. 2018. ISBN 978-1-5386-5645-7.
- (2018) Reflectance-based surface saliency. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing. vol. 2017-September.
- (2018) THE “SCREAM” BY EDVARD MUNCH - SAME MOTIF, DIFFERENT COLOURS, DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES AND APPROACHES – A NOVEL NON-INVASIVE COMPARATIVE STUDY OF TWO OF ITS VERSIONS. ChemCH2018 ; 2018-07-03 - 2018-07-07.
- (2017) Old Man in Warnemünde (1907) colouring palette: A case study on the use of hyperspectral imaging for pigment identification. Final program and proceedings (Color and Imaging Conference). vol. 2017 (25).
- (2017) Old Man in Warnemünde (1907) colouring palette: A case study on the use of hyperspectral imaging for pigment identification. 25th Color and Imaging Conference . IS&T; Lillehammer. 2017-09-11 - 2017-09-15.
- (2017) A Study of Spectral Imaging Acquisition and Processing for Cultural Heritage by. Digital Techniques for Documenting and Preserving Cultural Heritage.
- (2017) Robust Anomaly Detection Using Reflectance Transformation Imaging for Surface Quality Inspection. Image Analysis 20th Scandinavian Conference, SCIA 2017 Tromsø, Norway, June 12–14, 2017 Proceedings, Part I.
- (2017) RGB-NIR image enhancement by fusing bilateral and weighted least squares filters. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 61 (4).
- (2016) Estimation and Correction of Geometric Distortion in Pushbroom Hyperspectral System for Imaging Art Paintings. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. Part F129942.
- (2015) Color and Hyperspectral Image Segmentation for Historical Documents. Proceedings of the 2nd International Congress on Digital Heritage 2015, Granada, Sept. 28 2015-Oct. 2 2015.
- (2015) Evaluation of Hyperspectral Imaging Systems for Cultural Heritage Applications Based on a Round Robin Test. AIC 2015 Tokyo, Color and Image, Midterm Meeting of the International Colour Association (AIC) 19-22 May 2015 Tokyo, Japan; Proceedings.
- (2015) Ink classification and visualisation of historical manuscripts: Application of hyper spectral imaging. 2015 13th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR).
- (2015) Spectral Scream: hyperspectral image acquisition and analysis of a masterpiece. Public Paintings by Edvard Munch and His Contemporaries: Change and Conservation Challenges.
- (2015) A database for spectral image quality. Image Quality and System Performance XII.
- (2014) Pigment Mapping of the Scream (1893) Based on Hyperspectral Imaging. Image and Signal Processing; 6th International Conference, ICISP 2014, Cherbourg, France, June 30 – July 2, 2014. Proceedings.
- (2014) Spectral Image Analysis and Visualisation of the Khirbet Qeiyafa Ostracon. Image and Signal Processing; 6th International Conference, ICISP 2014, Cherbourg, France, June 30 – July 2, 2014. Proceedings.
- (2014) Quality evaluation in spectral imaging – Quality factors and metrics. Journal of the International Colour Association. vol. 10.