Background and activities
- Spectral imaging
- Image quality
- Multimodal imaging
- Cultural heritage imaging
- CHANGE: Cultural Heritage Analysis for New GEnerations. Project funded by EU Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions. Role: Deputy coordinator, PhD supervisor, Proposal coordinator. 2019-2023.
- HiPerNav: High Performance Soft Tssue Navigation. Project funded by EU Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions. Role: Proposal writing, Project manager (5 months). 2016-2020.
- CHANGE - Development of Imaging Tools for Change Detection of Cultural Heritage Objects. Project funded by Regional Research Council Innlandet. Role: Project leader. 2016-2018.
- MULTIFORESEE: MULTI-modal Imaging of FOREnsic SciEnce Evidence. EU COST Action CA16101. Role: MC member (substitute), Norway. 2016-2020.
- Hyperspectral Imaging and Analysis of Ancient Manuscripts. Project funded by Regional Research Council Innlandet. Project funded by Regional Research Council Innlandet. Role: Researcher. 2014-2016
- HyperDerm – Imaging system prototype setup and evaluation. Project funded by Regional Research Council Innlandet. Role: Project participant. 2014-2016.
- COSCH: Colour and Space in Cultural Heritage. EU COST-Action TD 1201. Role: MC member (substitute), Norway. 2012-2016.
- HyPerCept: Color and Quality in Higher Dimensions. SHP Project funded the Research Council of Norway. Role: Researcher. 2013-2016
- Yggdrasil: Color and spectral imaging for cultural heritage applications. Project funded the Research Council of Norway. Role: Visiting Researcher. 2012-2013
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Classification of forensic hyperspectral paper data using hybrid spectral similarity algorithms. Journal of Chemometrics. vol. 36 (1).
- (2021) Hyperspectral imaging workflow for the acquisition and analysis of stained-glass panels. Optics for Arts, Architecture, and Archaeology VIII.
- (2021) Colour-Balanced Edge-Guided Digital Inpainting: Applications on Artworks. Sensors. vol. 21(6) (2091).
- (2021) Fluorescence Transformation Imaging. Optics for Arts, Architecture, and Archaeology VIII.
- (2021) A Comprehensive Tensor Framework for the Clustering of Hyperspectral Paper Data with an Application to Forensic Document Analysis. IEEE Access. vol. 10.
- (2021) A Robust Tensor-Based Submodule Clustering for Imaging Data Using l1/2 Regularization and Simultaneous Noise Recovery via Sparse and Low Rank Decomposition Approach. Journal of Imaging. vol. 7 (12).
- (2021) Comparison of Imaging Models for Spectral Unmixing in Oil Painting. Sensors. vol. 21 (7).
- (2021) Radiometric spectral fusion of VNIR and SWIR hyperspectral cameras. Color and Imaging Conference (CIC). vol. 29.
- (2021) VisNIR pigment mapping and re-rendering of an experimental painting. Journal of the International Colour Association. vol. 26.
- (2021) Influence of acquisition parameters on pigment classification using hyperspectral imaging. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 65 (5).
- (2021) Estimation of strawberry firmness using hyperspectral imaging: a comparison of regression models. Journal of Spectral Imaging. vol. 10.
- (2021) Forensic analysis of beverage stains using hyperspectral imaging. Scientific Reports. vol. 11 (6512).
- (2021) Hyperspectral imaging and machine learning for the prediction of SSC in kiwi fruits. NIKT: Norsk IKT-konferanse for forskning og utdanning. vol. 1/2021.
- (2021) A Multispectral Design for a New Generation of Film Scanners. SPIE Optical Metrology . SPIE; Munich. 2021-06-21 - 2021-06-25.
- (2021) Multispectral Capture of Film Colors with LEDs. Colour Photography and Film: sharing knowledge of analysis, preservation, conservation, migration of analogue and digital materials . Associazione Italiana Colore; Florence. 2021-03-29 - 2021-03-30.
- (2020) Potential and Challenges of Spectral Imaging for Documentation and Analysis of Stained-Glass Windows. London Imaging Meeting 2020: Future Colour Imaging.
- (2020) Linear, Subtractive and Logarithmic Optical Mixing Models in Oil Painting. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2688.
- (2020) Mixing models in close-range spectral imaging for pigment mapping in Cultural Heritage. Proceedings of the AIC ; 2020-11-26 - 2020-11-27.
- (2020) Contactless Classification of Strawberry Using Hyperspectral Imaging. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2688.
- (2020) Dimensionality reduction and visualisation of hyperspectral ink data using t-SNE. Forensic Science International. vol. 311.
- (2020) Unsupervised Clustering of Hyperspectral Paper Data Using t-SNE. Journal of Imaging. vol. 6 (5).
- (2020) Evaluation of the Data Quality from a Round-Robin Test of Hyperspectral Imaging Systems. Sensors. vol. 20 (14).
- (2020) Evaluation of the data quality from a round-robin test of hyperspectral imaging systems. Sensors. vol. 20 (14).
- (2020) Changes in the visual appearance of polychrome wood caused by (accelerated) aging. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology.
- (2019) Spectral-divergence based pigment discrimination and mapping: A case study on The Scream (1893) by Edvard Munch. Journal of the American Institute for Conservation. vol. 58 (1-2).
- (2019) Automated salamander recognition using deep neural networks and feature extraction. NIKT: Norsk IKT-konferanse for forskning og utdanning.
- (2019) Ink Classification Using Convolutional Neural Network. NISK Journal.
- (2019) Comparison of Ink Classification Capabilities of Classic Hyperspectral Similarity Features. Proceedings of 2019 International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition Workshops (ICDARW).
- (2019) An automatic image-based system for detecting wild and stocked fish. NIKT: Norsk IKT-konferanse for forskning og utdanning.
- (2019) Hyperspectral imaging of art: Acquisition and calibration workflows. Journal of the American Institute for Conservation. vol. 58 (1-2).
- (2018) THE “SCREAM” BY EDVARD MUNCH - SAME MOTIF, DIFFERENT COLOURS, DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES AND APPROACHES – A NOVEL NON-INVASIVE COMPARATIVE STUDY OF TWO OF ITS VERSIONS. ChemCH2018 ; 2018-07-03 - 2018-07-07.
- (2018) 2018 Colour and Visual Computing Symposium (CVCS); 19th and 20th September, 2018, Gjøvik, Norway. IEEE. 2018. ISBN 978-1-5386-5645-7.
- (2018) Reflectance-based surface saliency. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Image Processing. vol. 2017-September.
- (2017) Old Man in Warnemünde (1907) colouring palette: A case study on the use of hyperspectral imaging for pigment identification. Color and Imaging Conference (CIC). vol. 2017 (25).
- (2017) Old Man in Warnemünde (1907) colouring palette: A case study on the use of hyperspectral imaging for pigment identification. 25th Color and Imaging Conference . IS&T; Lillehammer. 2017-09-11 - 2017-09-15.
- (2017) A Study of Spectral Imaging Acquisition and Processing for Cultural Heritage by. Digital Techniques for Documenting and Preserving Cultural Heritage.
- (2017) Robust Anomaly Detection Using Reflectance Transformation Imaging for Surface Quality Inspection. Image Analysis 20th Scandinavian Conference, SCIA 2017 Tromsø, Norway, June 12–14, 2017 Proceedings, Part I.
- (2017) RGB-NIR image enhancement by fusing bilateral and weighted least squares filters. Journal of Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 61 (4).