Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Using the lens of science capital to capture and explore children’s attitudes toward science in an informal making-based space. Information and Learning Science (ILS). vol. 12 (5/6).
- (2021) Investigating gaze interaction to support children’s gameplay. International Journal of Child-Computer Interaction.
- (2020) Monitoring Children’s Learning Through Wearable Eye-Tracking: The Case of a Making-Based Coding Activity. IEEE pervasive computing. vol. 19 (1).
- (2020) Fitbit for learning: Towards capturing the learning experience using wearable sensing. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies. vol. 136.
- (2020) Games for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Education: Review and Perspectives. Lecture Notes in Educational Technology.
- (2020) Motion-Based Educational Games: Using Multi-Modal Data to Predict Player’s Performance. IEEE Conference on Computatonal Intelligence and Games, CIG.
- (2020) Looking at the Design of Making-Based Coding Activities Through the Lens of the ADDIE Model. Lecture Notes in Educational Technology.
- (2020) Identifying the combinations of motivations and emotions for creating satisfied users in SNSs: An fsQCA approach. International Journal of Information Management. vol. 53.
- (2020) Patterns in informal and non-formal science learning activities for children–A Europe-wide survey study. International Journal of Child-Computer Interaction. vol. 25.
- (2019) Exploring children’s learning experience in constructionism-based coding activities through design-based research. Computers in Human Behavior. vol. 99.
- (2019) Coding activities for children: Coupling eye-tracking with qualitative data to investigate gender differences. Computers in Human Behavior.
- (2019) Coding games and robots to enhance computational thinking: How collaboration and engagement moderate children’s attitudes?. International Journal of Child-Computer Interaction. vol. 21.
- (2018) Discovering children's competences in coding through the analysis of Scratch projects. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON. vol. 2018-April.
- (2018) How do you feel about learning to code? Investigating the effect of children’s attitudes towards coding using eye-tracking. International Journal of Child-Computer Interaction. vol. 17.
- (2017) Reviewing the affordances of tangible programming languages: Implications for design and practice. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON.
- (2017) Emotions in Motion: The Combined Effect of Positive and Negative Emotions on Personalised E-Commerce. International Journal of Online Marketing. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) Motivations and emotions in social media: Explaining users' satisfaction with FsQCA. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 10595 LNCS.
- (2016) Empirical studies on the Maker Movement, a promising approach to learning: A literature review. Entertainment Computing. vol. 18.
- (2015) Designing creative programing experiences for 15 years old students. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1450.
Part of book/report
- (2020) Using Sensing Technologies to Explain Children’s Self-Representation in Motion-Based Educational Games. IDC '20: Proceedings of the Interaction Design and Children Conference.