Srikant Kumar Sarangi
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Diagnostic uncertainties, ethical tensions, and accounts of role-responsibilities in genetic counseling communication. Journal of Genetic Counseling.
- (2018) Ways of `appealing to the institution’ in interprofessional rehabilitation team decision-making. Journal of Pragmatics. vol. 129.
- (2018) Structure and texture in medical records. Journal of Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice. vol. 11 (1).
- (2015) Team decision-making in workplace meetings: The interplay of activity roles and discourse roles. Journal of Pragmatics. vol. 76.
- (2012) Evidence-based familial risk explanations in cancer genetic counselling. Health, Risk and Society. vol. 14 (7-8).
- (2011) Promisory strategies of personalisation in the commercialisation of genomic knowledge. Communication & Medicine. An Interdisciplinary Journal of Healthcare, Ethics and Society. vol. 8 (1).
- (2011) Voicing the lifeworld : Parental accounts of responsibility in genetic consultations for Polycystic Kidney Disease. Social Science and Medicine. vol. 72.
- (2010) Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice: Mapping a future agenda. Journal of Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice. vol. 7 (1).
- (2010) Reconfiguring self/identity/status/role: The case of professional role performance in healthcare encounters. Journal of Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice. vol. 7 (1).
- (2011) Handbook of communication in organizations and professions. Walter de Gruyter. 2011. ISBN 9783110188318.
- (2011) Genre(s)on the Move: Hybridisation and Discourse Change in Specialised Communication. Bibliopolis, Edizioni di Filosofia e Scienze. 2011. ISBN 978-88-495-2229-7.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Negotiating parental/familial responsibility in genetic counselling. Discourse and Responsibility in Professional Settings.
- (2014) Nurse midwives’ communicative expertise in obstetric ultrasound encounters. The Routledge Handbook of Language and Health Communication.
- (2011) Professional and organisational practice: A discourse/communication perspective. Handbook of communication in organizations and professions.
- (2011) Role hybridity in professional practice. Genre(s)on the Move: Hybridisation and Discourse Change in Specialised Communication.
- (2011) Psychological and sociomoral frames in genetic counselling for predictive testing. Handbook of communication in organizations and professions.
- (2010) Mediating modes of representation in understanding science: The case of genetic inheritance. Exploring Semiotic Remediation as Discourse Practice.
- (2010) Healthcare interaction as an expert communicative system: An activity analysis perspective. New Adventures in Language and Interaction.
- (2010) Non-directiveness, clientcenteredness and other-orientation in genetic counselling. Emerging Values in Healthcare.The Challende for professionals.
- (2009) The Spatial and temporal dimensions of reflective questions in genetic counselling. Why Do You Ask?: The Function of Questions in Institutional Discourse.