Srinivasa Rao Satti
Background and activities
Srinivasa Rao Satti is an Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Science. He completed his Masters and PhD from the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, India. Before joining NTNU in 2021, he worked as a Research Associate at the University of Leices, UK; as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Waterloo, Canada; as a Research Assistant Professor at the IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark and also at the University of Aarhus, Denmark; and as a Assistant/Associate Professor at the Seoul National University, South Korea.
Satti's research interests are broadly in the area of algorithms and data structures. His work so far has been mainly concentrated on the design and implemntation of space-efficient structures for some fundamental problems in data structures. He has obtained optimal space structures for strings, trees and various other combinatorial objects, which have important applications in text indexing, database indexing and bioinformatics.
His other research interests include external memory algorithms, database indexing, information retrieval, data compression, string matching, approximation algorithms, parameterized complexity, energy-efficient/approximate computing and some topics in bioinformatics.
Publications: A comprehensive list of publications can be found on the DBLP page.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2022) Frameworks for designing in-place graph algorithms. Journal of computer & systems sciences international. vol. 123.
- (2021) Succinct Encodings for Families of Interval Graphs. Algorithmica. vol. 83 (3).
- (2021) Approximate query processing over static sets and sliding windows. Theoretical Computer Science. vol. 885.
- (2021) Encoding Two-Dimensional Range Top-k Queries. Algorithmica. vol. 83.
- (2021) SJSON: A succinct representation for JSON documents. Information Systems. vol. 97.