Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2022) Effectiveness of hypnosis in third molar extraction: A randomized controlled trial (HypMol). Journal of Pain.
- (2022) Response to ‘Why P-values are not measures of evidence’ by D. Lakens. Trends in Ecology & Evolution.
- (2021) Effect of Briefing on Acupuncture Treatment Outcome Expectations, Pain, and Adverse Side Effects among Patients with Chronic Low Back Pain: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Network Open. vol. 4 (9).
- (2021) Rewriting results sections in the language of evidence. Trends in Ecology & Evolution.
- (2021) Immigration counter-acts local micro-evolution of a major fitness component: migration-selection balance in free-living song sparrows. Evolution Letters. vol. 5 (1).
- (2020) Resistance to gapeworm parasite has both additive and dominant genetic components in house sparrows, with evolutionary consequences for ability to respond to parasite challenge. Molecular Ecology. vol. 29.
- (2020) Consistent scaling of inbreeding depression in space and time in a house sparrow metapopulation. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 117 (25).
- (2019) Endotype-Phenotype Patterns in Meniere’s Disease Based on Gadolinium-Enhanced MRI of the Vestibular Aqueduct. Frontiers in Neurology. vol. 10.
- (2019) Inbreeding reduces long-term growth of Alpine ibex populations. Nature Ecology and Evolution. vol. 3.
- (2019) Book review for "Bayesian Regression Modeling with INLA" by Xiaofeng Wang, Yu Ryan Yue, and Julian J. Faraway. Journal of the American Statistical Association. vol. 114.
- (2019) Animal models with group-specific additive genetic variances: extending genetic group models. Genetics Selection Evolution. vol. 51.
- (2019) Accounting for individual‐specific variation in habitat‐selection studies: Efficient estimation of mixed‐effects models using Bayesian or frequentist computation. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 89 (1).
- (2019) Nonequivalent lethal equivalents: Models and inbreeding metrics for unbiased estimation of inbreeding load. Evolutionary Applications. vol. 12 (2).
- (2019) The simulation extrapolation technique meets ecology and evolution: A general and intuitive method to account for measurement error. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. vol. 10 (10).
- (2019) Riparian vegetation provides crucial shelter for resting otters in a human-dominated landscape. Mammalian Biology. vol. 98.
- (2018) Bias away from the Null due to miscounted outcomes? A case study on the TORCH trial. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. vol. 27.
- (2018) eritability, selection, and the response to selection in the presence of phenotypic measurement error: effects, cures, and the role of repeated measurements. Evolution. vol. 72.
- (2021) Marker-based estimation of additive genetic variance using dimension-reduction techniques - methods from animal breeding adapted to wild study systems using a Bayesian framework. he 28th Nordic Conference in Mathematical Statistics ; Tromsø. 2021-06-21 - 2021-06-24.
- (2021) Darwin had Galapagos finches. Norway has… house sparrows?. https://shows.acast.com/63-degrees-north/episodes/ [Internett]. 2021-02-26.
- (2021) Interactions of environment and inbreeding in house sparrows (Passer domesticus). 4th Symposium for Molecular Ecology and Evolution in Finland . University of Oulu; Oulu. 2021-10-05 - 2021-10-07.
- (2021) A Joint Bayesian Framework for Measurement Error and Missing Data. NORDSTAT . UiT; Tromsø. 2021-06-21 - 2021-06-24.
- (2020) Statistical methods in quantitative genetics. Genetic group models and marker-based regression. Talk at Centre for Advanced Study (CAS) . Centre for Advanced Study (CAS); Oslo. 2020-03-17 - 2020-03-17.
- (2019) Susceptibility to gapeworm parasite has both additive and dominant genetic components in house sparrows. 2019 Congress of the European Society for Evolutionary Biology (ESEB) . European Society for Evolutionary Biology (ESEB); Turku. 2019-08-19 - 2019-08-24.
- (2019) Inbreeding depression in a house sparrow metapopulation. Molecular Ecology and Evolution Lab meeting . University of Oulu; Oulu. 2019-01-24 - 2019-01-24.