Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Material efficiency and its contribution to climate change mitigation in Germany : A deep decarbonization scenario analysis until 2060. Journal of Industrial Ecology.
- (2021) Linking service provision to material cycles: A new framework for studying the resource efficiency–climate change (RECC) nexus. Journal of Industrial Ecology.
- (2021) Material efficiency and climate change mitigation of passenger vehicles. Journal of Industrial Ecology.
- (2019) Contributions of sociometabolic research to sustainability science. Nature Sustainability. vol. 2 (3).
- (2019) A general data model for socioeconomic metabolism and its implementation in an industrial ecology data commons prototype. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 23 (5).
- (2018) Nullius in Verba: Advancing Data Transparency in Industrial Ecology. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 22 (1).
- (2018) Choice of Allocations and Constructs for Attributional or Consequential Life Cycle Assessment and Input-Output Analysis. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 22 (4).
- (2017) Industrial ecology in integrated assessment models. Nature Climate Change. vol. 7.
- (2017) Solid Waste and the Circular Economy: A Global Analysis of Waste Treatment and Waste Footprints. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 21 (3).
- (2016) Balance issues in input-output analysis: A comment on physical inhomogeneity, aggregation bias, and coproduction. Ecological Economics. vol. 126.
- (2016) Matching global cobalt demand under different scenarios for co-production and mining attractiveness. Journal of Economic Structures. vol. 5 (4).
- (2016) Toward a practical ontology for socioeconomic metabolism. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 20 (6).
- (2015) A general system structure and accounting framework for socioeconomic metabolism. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 19 (5).
- (2015) Socioeconomic metabolism as paradigm for studying the biophysical basis of human societies. Ecological Economics. vol. 119.
- (2015) Lifting Industrial Ecology Modeling to a New Level of Quality and Transparency: A Call for More Transparent Publications and a Collaborative Open Source Software Framework. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 19 (6).
- (2015) Dynamic Models of Fixed Capital Stocks and Their Application in Industrial Ecology. Journal of Industrial Ecology. vol. 19 (1).
- (2014) Exploring urban mines: pipe length and material stocks in urban water and wastewater networks. Urban Water Journal. vol. 11 (4).
- (2014) Global Carbon Benefits of Material Substitution in Passenger Cars until 2050 and the Impact on the Steel and Aluminum Industries. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 48.
- (2014) The Role of In-Use Stocks in the Social Metabolism and in Climate Change Mitigation. Global Environmental Change. vol. 24.
- (2013) The Roles of Energy and Material Efficiency in Meeting Steel Industry CO2 Targets. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 47 (7).