Steffen J. Bakker
Background and activities
Steffen Bakker (1991) is a researcher at the department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management (IØT). He has a MSc in Econometrics and Operations Research from the University of Groningen and a PhD in Industrial Economics and Technology Management from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
His research interests focus around the application of operations research methods to energy- and transport-systems, including:
- Decarbonization of the Norwegian freight transport system
- Design and operation of micromobility systems (bike sharing systems)
- Electricity market design (digitalization)
- Design of the offshore energy system (e.g. electrification, energy-hubs)
- Plug and abandonment (P&A) of offshore oil and gas wells (planning of large plugging campaigns)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) A column generation heuristic for the dynamic bicycle rebalancing problem. European Journal of Operational Research.
- (2021) Mature offshore oil field development: Solving a real options problem using stochastic dual dynamic integer programming. Computers & Operations Research. vol. 136.
- (2020) Vehicle routing with endogenous learning: Application to offshore plug and abandonment campaign planning. European Journal of Operational Research. vol. 289 (1).
- (2020) Plugging av brønner – Slik kutter bedre planlegging regningen. #SINTEFblog.
- (2019) An optimization model for the planning of offshore plug and abandonment campaigns. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 180.
- (2019) Modelling electric and heat load profiles of non-residential buildings for use in long-term aggregate load forecasts. Utilities Policy. vol. 58.
- (2017) Planning of an Offshore Well Plugging Campaign: A Vehicle Routing Approach. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 10572 LNCS.
- (2017) Development of a Norwegian open-source plug-and-abandonment database with applications. SPE Economics & Management. vol. 9 (1).
- (2020) Optimization models for the plugging and abandoning of offshore oil and gas fields. 2020. ISBN 978-82-326-4996-9. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2020:324).
- (2021) Roper ut om rådyr ryddesjau. Klassekampen [Avis]. 2021-08-21.
- (2018) Smart brønnplugging lønner seg. Dagens Næringsliv [Avis]. 2018-08-06.