Background and activities
Area of work
- Composite Materials
- Mechanics of Materials
- Fracture Mechanics
- Sustainable Composite Materials
Skills and experience
- Experimental Mechanics
- Materials Testing
- Mechanics of Materials
- Finite Element Modelling
- Structural Design
- Design for Additive Manufacturing
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering, University of Patras, Greece
- PhD from School of Engineering and Materials Science, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
- Technical University of Denmark, Roskilde, Denmark
- General Electric, Baden, Switzerland
- Alstom, Baden, Switzerland
- Saint-Gobain Research North America, Northborough, MA, USA
- MASG2106 - Design of Dynamically Loaded Constructions
- TEK3011 - Design of Dynamically Loaded Constructions
- MASG2900 - Bachelor thesis
- MASG2113 - Parametric design
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2022) A coupled mix-mode cohesive law based on a cylindrical potential function. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. vol. 271.
- (2022) Carbon-Nano Fibers Yield Improvement with Iodinated Electrospun PVA/Silver Nanoparticle as Precursor via One-Step Synthesis at Low Temperature. Polymers. vol. 14 (3).
- (2022) Benefits and Opportunities of Reusing Waste Rotor Blades Materials from a Life Cycle Perspective. Key Engineering Materials. vol. 919.
- (2021) The effect of processing conditions and polymer crystallinity on the mechanical properties of unidirectional self-reinforced PLA composites. Composites. Part A, Applied science and manufacturing. vol. 152.
- (2021) Experimental investigation of the path-independent fracture of composites. Composites Part B: Engineering. vol. 226.
- (2021) Fracture resistance dataset of composites under mixed-mode non-proportional loading. Data in Brief. vol. 39.
- (2021) On the low reinforcing efficiency of carbon nanotubes in high-performance polymer fibres. Nanocomposites. vol. 7 (1).
- (2021) Mixed-mode cohesive laws and the use of linear-elastic fracture mechanics. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. vol. 252.
- (2021) Fatigue Crack Growth Rate at Material and Geometry Transitions in Glass-Epoxy Composites. Composite structures. vol. 275.
- (2021) A micromechanical model of fiber bridging including effects of large deflections of the bridging fibers. Composite structures. vol. 258.
- (2021) Scanning electron microscopy datasets for local fibre volume fraction determination in non-crimp glass-fibre reinforced composites. Data in Brief. vol. 35.
- (2021) Fatigue damage growth and fatigue life of unidirectional composites. Composites Science And Technology. vol. 211.
- (2022) Flax fibers, their composites and application in From Plant Fibers, their Composites, and Applications, Elsevier, pp.[209–232]. Elsevier. 2022. ISBN 978-0-12-824528-6.