Background and activities
- TKP4180 Bioenergy and Fiber Technology
- TKP4560 Pulp, Paper and Biorefinery, Specialization Project
- TKP4565 Pulp, Paper and Biorefinery, Specialization Course
- TKP4850 Experts in Teamwork: Biofuel
- KP8102 Wood Chemistry in Pulping and Papermaking (PhD course)
Utilization of renewable raw materials for the production of materials, chemicals and energy for a sustainable future
Physical chemistry of plant polysaccharides; Wood chemistry with emphasis on polysaccharide chemistry; pretreatment and hydrolysis of lignocellulosics for second generation biofuels and biorefineries; pulping and bleaching chemistry and technology
Approximately 25 publications in international refereed scientific journals and books (H-index: 10). Approximately 50 presentations at international scientific conferences.
- MSc, NTH Department of Biotechnology 1988
- PhD, NTH Department of Biotechnology 1993
- Research Scientist, NTH Department of Biotechnology 1993-1995
- Assistant Professor, NTH Department of Chemical Engineering 1995-1996
- Post doc, Institute of Paper Science and Technology (Atlanta GA, USA) 1996-1997
- Associate Professor, NTNU Department of Chemical Engineering since 1998
- Sabbatical at Norske Skog Skogn 2000-2001
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2012) Influence of acid concentration, temperature, and time on decrystallization in two-stage concentrated sulfuric acid hydrolysis of Pinewood and Aspenwood: A statistical Approach. BioResources. vol. 7 (1).
- (2012) Application of a Pseudo-Kinetic Generalized Serverity Model to the Concentrated Sulfuric Acid Hydrolysis of Pinewood and Aspenwood. BioResources. vol. 7 (3).
- (2011) Rheological Studies of Microfibrillar Cellulose Water Dispersions. Journal of polymers and the environment. vol. 19 (1).
- (2011) Myter om biodrivstoff. Dagbladet.
- (2002) 4-O-beta-d-glucopyranosyl-gluconic acid (cellobioninic acid)produced by ozonation of cellobiose: Isolation by HPLC and assignment of NMR chemical shifts. Journal of carbohydrate chemistry.
- (2002) Characterization of cellulose by SEC-MALLS. Cellulose (London). vol. 9.
- (2000) Size exclusion chromatography of cellulose dissolved in LiCl/DMAc using macroporous monodisperse poly(styrene-co-divinylbenzene) particles. Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies. vol. 23 (15).
- (1993) Swelling of covalently crosslinked alginate gels : influence of ionic solutes and nonpolar solvents. Macromolecules.
- (2008) Biopolymer Chemistry. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2008. ISBN 978-82-519-2384-2.
Part of book/report
- (2006) Alginates. Food Polysaccharides and Their Applications.
- (2003) Details on molecular weight distribution of carbohydrates in kraft cooking using anthraquinone, polysulfide and hydrogen sulfide gas pretreatment. 12th International Symposium on Wood and Pulping Chemistry. . [Mangler data]; Madison, WI, USA. 2003-06-12.