Sule Yildirim Yayilgan
Associate ProfessorDepartment of Information Security and Communication Technology Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
Background and activities
Sule Yildirim Yayilgan is an associate professor from NTNU at the Department of Information Security and Communication Technology (IIK) since 2009. She received a M.Sc. degree in Computer Enginnering in 1995, and a dr.ing. degree (Ph.D.) in Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science in (2002). She has worked more than 25 years in academia, and served as Head of the Department between 2005-2009. Her main fields of competence are artificial intelligence, machine learning applications, digital crime evidence collection and ontologies, image processing, document classification and biometrics. She has participated in projects funded by EU Horizon 2020, Eurostars, Erasmus+ programs, the Research Council of Norway, the Regional Research Council of Norway and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norway. She belongs to the Center for Cyber Information Security (ccis.no) and the Norwegian Biometrics Laboratory. She is a steering committee member of Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Society, branch of the European Association for Artificial Intelligence (EurAI), member of the Norwegian Association for Image Processing and Pattern Recognition (NOBIM), and member of the Research Ethics board of NTNU. She has been supervising students at different academic levels and has been publishing more than 100 journal and conference papers. She actively takes part as programme committee member and reviewer in conferences and acts as reviewer in several journals.
My overall research goal is to be able to develop intelligent systems or their intelligence components which are support to humans and which can act ethically, legally and which are built such that they are secure and respects privacy of the people they are support to and in the end they have better performance while doing their tasks. I work on using and developing state of the art approaches in AI&ML in order to solve challenges in the projects and application areas. For that reason, my research has a wide spectrum of application areas (Energy, Medicine, Security etc.) and my research is revolving around AI&ML axis across application areas which is the point of integration. Hence some of the keywords of my research are as follows:
Machine learning and its applications,
Digital crime evidence collection and crime ontologies,
Machine Learning in Image processing and its applications
Machine Learning and use of ontologies in Document classification
Machine Learning in Biometrics
Drone Ambulanse - funded by NTNU
SMILE: A Smart Mobility Approach of European Border Security http://smile-h2020.eu/smile/
CINELDI: Center for intelligent electricity distribution - to empower the future Smart Grid https://www.sintef.no/en/projects/cineldi/
IQMED: Image Quality enhancement in MEDical diagnosis, monitoring and treatment funded by IKTPLUSS Norway
ENERGIX Security of supply in smartgrids with interacting digital systems, Lyse elnet AS
SWAN: Secure Access Control over Wide Area Network funded by IKTPLUSS Norway https://www.ntnu.edu/iik/swan
IC1206: De-identification for privacy protection in multimedia content http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/ict/IC1206
Recent Work Experience
- 2016- Associate Professor, Department of Information Security and Communication Technology, NTNU, Gjøvik, Norway
- 2016 Associate Professor, Faculty of Computer Science and Media Technology, NTNU
- 2009-2015 Associate Professor, Faculty of Computer Science and Media Technology, Gjøvik University College, Norway
- 2005-2009 Head of Department, Department of Computer Science, HIHM, Norway
- 2004-2005 Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, HIHM, Norway
2018 External committeemember for the evaluation of applications for a PhD fellowship at OsloMet
2018-Member of the Research Ethics board of NTNU
2016-Member of the SMILE Horizon2020 Project management board
2018- Head of Ethics board of the Horizon2020 SMILE project
2018-Member of the advisory board of the Language teaching of immigrant children using robotics (LTICR) project
2017-Member, The International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR)
2016-Member of ECSO ‘Support to SMEs, coordination with countries (in particular East EU) and regions’Working Group
2013- COST Expert to participate in the evaluations of COST activities
2013-2017 Steering committee deputy member, GUC and NTNU
2015- Deputy member of CCISManagement Board, GUC and NTNU
2011-Member of the Norwegian Biometrics Lab., NTNU
2010- Steering committee member of Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Society, branch of the European Association for Artificial Intelligence (EurAI)
2008-2009 Coordinator of Administrative DataManagement Study in collaboration with Studiesenteret, HIHM, (http://www.studiesenteret.no/short-in-english.150480.no.html)
2006-Member of the Norwegian Association for Image Processing and Pattern Recognition (NOBIM)
2005-Member of the Norwegian Association for Researchers (Forskerforbundet)
2006-2009: Head of Computer Science Dept. Hedmark University College
2006-2009: Head of Computer Science Dept. Hedmark University College
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) The Impact of Deep Learning on Document Classification Using Semantically Rich Representations. Information Processing & Management. vol. 56 (5).
- (2019) The Impact of Replacing Complex Hand-Crafted Features with Standard Features for Melanoma Classification using Both Hand-Crafted and Deep Features. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 868.
- (2018) Deep Smoke Removal from Minimally Invasive Surgery Videos. Proceedings of IEEE international conference on image processing.
- (2018) Editorial Image Retrieval using Handcrafted and CNN Features. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10884 LNCS.
- (2018) Mobile-Based Painting Photo Retrieval using Combined Features. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10882.
- (2018) Solving the problem of distribution of fiscal coupons by using a Steady State Genetic Algorithm. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 735.
- (2018) Saliency-based Image Object Indexing and Retrieval. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10882 LNCS.
- (2018) Optimised Deep Learning Features for Improved Melanoma Detection. Multimedia tools and applications. vol. 78 (9).
- (2018) Stochastic Capsule Endoscopy Image Enhancement. Journal of Imaging. vol. 4 (6).
- (2018) Variational approach for capsule video frame interpolation. EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing. vol. 2018:30.
- (2018) Deep-STRESS Capsule Video Endoscopy Image Enhancement. Final program and proceedings (Color and Imaging Conference).
- (2018) GIF Image Retrieval in Cloud Computing Environment. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10882 LNCS.
- (2018) WECIA Graph: Visualization of Classification Performance Dependency on Grayscale Conversion Setting. The MENDEL Soft Computing journal : International Conference on Soft Computing MENDEL. vol. 24 (2).
- (2018) Distribution of fiscal coupons via Genetic Algorithms and Greedy Randomized Adaptive Search Procedure. International Journal of Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications. vol. 10.
- (2018) A Hybrid Concept Learning Approach to Ontology Enrichment. Innovations, Developments, and Applications of Semantic Web and Information Systems.
- (2017) User interface evaluation of a ski injuries management system. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 496.
- (2017) SMONT: an ontology for crime solving through social media. International Journal of Metadata, Semantics and Ontologies. vol. 12 (2/3).
- (2017) Improving document classification effectiveness using knowledge exploited by ontologies. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10260 LNCS.
- (2017) Sparse coded handcrafted and deep features for colon capsule video summarization. Computer-Based Medical Systems. vol. 2017-June.
- (2017) Death anxiety and visual oculomotor processing of arousing stimuli in a free view setting. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 58 (2).
- (2016) An integrated children disease prediction tool within a special social network. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. vol. 221.
- (2016) Data-driven Machine Learning Model in District Heating System for Heat Load Prediction: A Comparison Study. Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing. vol. 2016.
- (2016) Towards Understanding the MOOC Trend: Pedagogical Challenges and Business Opportunities. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9753.
- (2016) Ontologies for Social Media Digital Evidence. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. vol. 10 (6).
- (2016) SEMCON: A semantic and contextual objective metric for enriching domain ontology concepts. International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS). vol. 12 (2).
- (2016) Efficient Melanoma Detection Using Texture-Based RSurf Features. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 9730.
- (2016) Control System of a Semi-Autonomous Mobile Robot. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (25).
- (2016) Kan du klare å spare mer strøm enn naboen?. Oppland arbeiderblad.
- (2016) A new ski injury registration system architecture using mobile applications to enhance skiing safety. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM). vol. 10 (4).
- (2015) Efficient Real-Time Pixelwise Object Class Labeling for Safe Human-Robot Collaboration in Industrial Domain. The Proceedings of Machine Learning Research. vol. 43.
- (2012) An Architectural Approach to Building Ambient Intelligent Travel Companions. International Journal of E-Health and Medical Communications (IJEHMC). vol. 3 (3).
- (2008) Reciprocity Between the Cerebellum and the Cerebral Cortex: Nonlinear Dynamics in Microscopic Modules fop Generating Voluntary Motor Commands. Complexity. vol. 14 (2).
- (2003) A LEARNING BASED AND VISION GUIDED ROBOTIC AGENT REPLANNING FRAMEWORK. International Journal of Computational Intelligence. vol. 1 (1).
- (2002) Implementation of a Robotic Replanning Framework. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2010) Proceedings of the second Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Symposium : November 22, 2010 Høgskolen i Gjøvik. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2010. ISBN 978-82-519-2704-8.
Part of book/report
- (2018) A Hybrid Concept Learning Approach to Ontology Enrichment. Innovations, Developments, and Applications of Semantic Web and Information Systems.
- (2017) Data-Driven Machine-Learning Approach for predicting missing values in large data sets: A comparison Study. Machine Learning, Optimization, and Big Data Third International Conference, MOD 2017, Volterra, Italy, September 14–17, 2017, Revised Selected Papers.
- (2017) Supervised Ontology-Based Document Classification Model. Proceeding: ICCDA '17 Proceedings of the International Conference on Compute and Data Analysis.
- (2017) Combining Deep Learning and Hand-Crafted Features for Skin Lesion Classification. 2016 Sixth International Conference on Image Processing Theory, Tools and Applications (IPTA).
- (2017) Sparse coded handcrafted and deep features for colon capsule video summarization. Computer-Based Medical Systems (CBMS), 2017 IEEE 30th International Symposium on.
- (2016) User Interface Evaluation of a Ski Injuries Management System. Advances in Human Factors in Sports and Outdoor Recreation; Proceedings of the AHFE 2016 International Conference on Human Factors in Sports and Outdoor Recreation, July 27-31, 2016, Walt Disney World®, Florida, USA.
- (2016) Security and Privacy Considerations for IoT Application on Smart Grids: Survey and Research Challenges. 2016 IEEE 4th International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud Workshops (FiCloudW).
- (2016) An EHR system architecture for Albania for improving health care services and its implementation. 7th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE “Information Systems and Technology Innovations:the New Paradigm for a Smarter Economy” Proceedings Book.
- (2016) Automatically Enriching Domain Ontologies for Document Classification. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Web Intelligence, Mining and Semantics, WIMS 2016.
- (2016) Improving skin lesion segmentation in dermoscopic images by thin artefacts removal methods. 2016 6th European Workshop on Visual Information Processing (EUVIP).
- (2016) Legal and ethical considerations for transmission and storage of shared e-health data: A review. 7th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE “Information Systems and Technology Innovations:the New Paradigm for a Smarter Economy” Proceedings Book.
- (2016) Low-Cost Scene Modeling using a Density Function Improves Segmentation Performance. 2016 25th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN).
- (2015) An Intelligent Model for Predicting the Occurrence of Skiing Injuries. 2015 5th National Symposium on Information Technology: Towards New Smart World (NSITNSW); Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 17-19 February, 2015.
- (2015) A machine learning approach to increase energy efficiency in district heating systems. Environmental Engineering and Computer Application: Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Environmental Engineering and Computer Application (ICEECA 2014), Hong Kong, 25–26 December 2014.
- (2015) Enhancing the Learner’s Performance Analysis Using SMEUS Semantic E-learning System and Business Intelligence Technologies. Learning and Collaboration Technologies.
- (2015) The impact of environmental factors to skiing injuries: Bayesian regularization neural network model for predicting skiing injuries. 6th International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), 2015; July 13-15, 2015 Denton, USA.
- (2015) A Cloud Computing Framework for Smarter District Heating Systems. Proceedings of The 2015 Smart World Congress.
- (2015) A Novel Cache and SSD-based Index Structure for Health Record Indexing. Digital Healthcare Empowering Europeans, Proceedings of MIE2015.
- (2015) A relevance feedback based image retrieval approach for improved performance. 2015 Colour and Visual Computing Symposium (CVCS).
- (2015) Automatic detection of colonoscopic anomalies using capsule endoscopy. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), Proceedings, 27-30 September 2015,Quebec city, Canada.
- (2015) A General Framework for Text Document Classification Using SEMCON and ACVSR. Human Interface and the Management of Information. Information and Knowledge Design 17th International Conference, HCI International 2015, Los Angeles, CA, USA, August 2-7, 2015, Proceedings, Part I.
- (2015) Analysis of Online Social Networks Posts to Investigate Suspects Using SEMCON. Social Computing and Social Media 7th International Conference, SCSM 2015, Held as Part of HCI International 2015, Los Angeles, CA, USA, August 2-7, 2015, Proceedings.
- (2015) An Improved Concept Vector Space Model for Ontology Based Classification. SITIS 2015 - The 11th International Conference on Signal Image Technology & Internet System.
- (2015) SEMCON: Semantic and contextual objective metric. Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE 9th International Conference on Semantic Computing.
- (2015) Using Context-Aware and Semantic Similarity Based Model to Enrich Ontology Concepts. Natural Language Processing and Information Systems; 20th International Conference on Applications of Natural Language to Information Systems, NLDB 2015, Passau, Germany, June 17-19, 2015, Proceedings.
- (2015) How to Tune a Random Forest for Real-time Segmentation in Safe Human-Robot Collaboration?. HCI International 2015 - Posters’ Extended Abstracts International Conference, HCI International 2015, Los Angeles, CA, USA, August 2-7, 2015. Proceedings, Part I.
- (2015) Knowledge, Technology and Innovation (KTI): Opportunities, Issues and Challenges of KTI transfer between Norway and the Balkans countries. ITHET 2015, 14th International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training; 11-13 June, 2015, Lisbon, Portugal.
- (2015) A Novel System Architecture for Efficient Management of Skiing Injuries. Proceedings of 2015 International Conference on Interactive Mobile Communication Technologies and Learning(IMCL); 19-20 November 2015, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- (2014) A Review of Using Online Social Networks for Investigative Activities. Social Computing and Social Media 6th International Conference, SCSM 2014, Held as Part of HCI International 2014, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, June 22-27, 2014. Proceedings.
- (2014) Pixelwise Object Class Segmentation based on Synthetic Data using an Optimized Training Strategy. First International Conference on Networks & Soft Computing (ICNSC2014), Proceedings; 19-20 Aug. 2014; Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- (2014) Objective Keyword Selection For Lecture Video Annotation. 5th European Workshop on Visual Information Processing (EUVIP); Desember 10-12, 2014, Paris, France.
- (2014) Systematic Ski Injury Registration using a Digital Platform. e-Health – For Continuity of Care.
- (2014) Building Domain Ontologies for Hyperlinked Multimedia Pedagogical Platforms. HCI International 2014 - Posters' Extended Abstracts. International Conference, HCI International 2014, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, June 22-27, 2014. Proceedings, Part II.
- (2014) New Takes on Learning in Organizations When Using Role Play Simulation. ECKM 2014 - The Proceedings of the 15th European Conference on Knowledge Management.
- (2013) Semantic Keyword Selection for Automatic Video Annotation. International Conference on Signal-Image Technology and Internet-Based Systems SITIS 2013; 2–5 December 2013; Kyoto, Japan.
- (2013) Multimodal Biometric Authentication using Fingerprint and Iris Recognition in Identity Management. 2013 Ninth International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, IIH-MSP 2013, Proceedings; 16-18 October 2013, Beijing, China.
- (2013) Playful participation for learning in higher education — The introduction of participatory role play simulation in a course at Hedmark University College. 12th International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training (ITHET); 10-12 October 2013; Antalya, TURKEY.
- (2012) Semantic Tags for Lecture Videos. The Sixth IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing, ICSC 2012; September 19th-21st, 2012, Palermo, Italy.
- (2012) Adult video content detection using Machine Learning Techniques. SITIS 2012, The 8th International Conference on Signal Image Technology and Internet Based Systems; 25-29, November 2012, Sorrento - Naples, Italy.
- (2011) Group Identification at Border Crossing Points. BIOSIG 2011, Proceedings - International Conference of the Biometrics Special Interest Group; 8.-9. September 2011 in Darmstadt.
- (2010) Enhanced Learning Outcome Using Participative Role Play Simulation. ITHET '10. 9th International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training, 2010.
- (2010) A survey on the need and use of AI in game agensts. Modeling, simulation, and optimization : focus on applications.
- (2009) Possibilities for learning in game artificial intelligence. Proceedings of the First Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Symposium.
- (2008) A survey on the need and use of AI in game agents. Proceedings of the 2008 Spring Simulation MultiConference (SpringSim'08).
- (2008) Novelty Detection in and Between Different Modalities http://link.aip.org/link/?APCPCS/969/818/1. SPACE TECHNOLOGY AND APPLICATIONS INTERNATIONAL FORUM-STAIF 2008:.
- (2007) Novel Rock Detection Intelligence for Space Exploration Based on Non-Symbolic Algorithms and Concepts. Space Technology and applications international forum STAIF.11th Conference on Thermothysiscs Applications in Microgravity. Albuquerque, New Mexico 11-15- Febrauary 2007.
- (2007) The Mind Agents in Netlogo 3.1. Proceedings of the 2007 Spring Simulation multiconference (SpringSim*07). Agent-Directed simulation symposium. DEVS integrative M& S Symposium . High performance computing symposium.
- (2006) A Proposal for Algorithms in the Human Brain. CogSci 2006 The 28th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society.
- (2006) Does the Human Brain Have Algorithms?. ICAI'06: Proceedings PROCEEDINGS OF THE 2006 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE Editor Hamid R. Arabnia 1-932415-97-1 (1-932415-98-X).
- (2005) Innate planning mechanisms. Modelling natural action selection; proceedings of an international workshop / Joanna J. Bryson , Tony J. Prescott and Anil K. Seth (editors).
- (2004) A Learning Based and Vision Guided Robotic Agent Replanning Framework and a Case Study. Proceedings of the 2004 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IC-AI 2004).
- (1999) A New Methodology For Dealing With Uncertainty In Robotic Tasks. ISCIS XIV: Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences.
- (2017) Energizing: A simplification of 3D modeling (BIM) at gaming digital energy efficient operation, maintenance and rehabilitation of water-based heating. 2017.
- (2007) Learning and Evolution in Complex Fitness Landscapes. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2007.
- (2007) Relevant Concepts of and a Framework for Conceptual Representations based on Connectionism. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2007.
- (2007) Cognitive video surveillance: an ANN/CBR hybrid approach. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2007.
- (2018) Editorial Image Retrieval using Handcrafted and CNN Features. International Conference on Image and Signal Processing (ICISP2018) ; 2018-07-02 - 2018-07-04.
- (2018) Y-Net: A deep convolutional neural network to polyp detection. British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC 2018) . British Machine Vision Association; Newcastle. 2018-09-03 - 2018-09-06.
- (2018) Deep Learning and Radiomics. NLDL2018 ; 2018-01-10 - 2018-01-11.
- (2017) Solving the problem of distribution of fiscal coupons by using a Steady State Genetic Algorithm. IBICA'17 the 8th International Conference on Innovations in Bio-Inspired Computing and Applications ; 2017-12-11 - 2017-12-13.
- (2016) Improving Skin Lesion Segmentation in Dermoscopic Images by Thin Artefacts Removal Methods. 6th Euuropean Workshop on Visual Information Processing (EUVIP2016) . IEEE; 2016-10-25 - 2016-10-27.
- (2016) Low-Cost Scene Modeling using a Density Function Improves Segmentation Performance. ROMAN 2016 . IEEE; New York. 2016-08-26 - 2016-08-31.
- (2015) A Cloud Computing Framework for Smarter District Heating Systems. The 7th International Symposium on UbiCom Frontiers - Innovative Research, Systems and Technologies (UFirst2015) ; Beijing. 2015-08-10 - 2015-08-14.
- (2015) Automatic detection of colonoscopic anomalies using capsule endoscopy. The International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) ; Québec. 2015-09-27 - 2015-09-30.
- (2015) Improving Human Pose Recognition Accuracy using CRF modeling. 28th IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) ; Boston, Massachusetts. 2015-06-08 - 2015-06-10.
- (2015) How Does Energy Minimization Improve Recognizing Human Poses for Safe Human-Robot Collaboration?. 10th International Conference, EMMCVPR 2015 ; Hong Kong. 2015-01-13 - 2015-01-16.
- (2014) Pixelwise Object Class Segmentation based on Synthetic Data using an Optimized Training Strategy. International Conference on Networks & Soft Computing (ICNSC 14) . Vignan Foundation For Science, Technology & Research (Vignan; Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. 2014-08-19 - 2014-08-20.
- (2013) Biometric Authentication using Fingerprint and Iris Recognition in Identity Management. The Ninth International Conference on Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing ; Beijing. 2013-10-16 - 2013-10-18.
- (2013) Playful Participation for Learning in Higher Education -the Introduction of Participatory Role Play Simulation in a Course at Hedmark University College. 9th International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training ; Antalaya. 2013-10-10 - 2013-10-12.
- (2012) EHRs, Mobile Technologies and Policies on the Move to Pervasive Care. Workshop: "EHRs, Mobile Technologies and Policies on the Move to Pervasive Care” . MIE2012; 2012-08-27.
- (2012) What is e-health - its concepts, approaches and products?. Velferdteknologikonferansen 2012 ; 2012-10-03 - 2012-10-04.
- (2011) An Architectural Approach to Building Ambient Intelligent Travel Companies. The 8th International Conference on Wearable Micro and Nano Technologies for Personalized Health ; 2011-06-29 - 2011-07-01.
- (2010) Enchanced lerarning outcome using participative role play simulation. ITHET 2010 ; Cappadocia, Tyrkia. 2010-04-29 - 2010-05-01.
- (2010) Robots. Nasjonal sikkerhetsdag . Norsk senter for informasjonssikring (NorSIS) and HIG; Kunnskapsparken. 2010-04-22.
- (2010) SCAM: Safer Children Internet Access. RFID-RNET Worskshop ; 2010-05-10 - 2010-05-11.
- (2010) Serious Game Design for Military Training. Games: Design and Research Conference ; Høgskulen i Volda. 2010-06-03 - 2010-06-04.
- (2009) Possibilities for learning in game artificial intelligence. the First Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Symposium ; 2009-11-22.
- (2008) A survey on the need and use of AI in game agensts. Spring Simulation Multiconference Springsim ; Ottawa, Canada. 2008-04-14 - 2008-04-17.
- (2007) Artificial intelligence and "learning regions" - an outline to research adventure. Regions in focus ; Lisabon. 2007-05-27 - 2007-05-29.
- (2007) The Mind Agents In Netlogo 3.1. Agent Directed Simulation (ADS'07) ; Norfolk, VA. 2007-03-25 - 2007-03-29.
- (2007) Novel Rock Detection Intelligence for Space Exploration based on Non-Symbolic Algorithms and Concepts. the Space Technology and Applications International Forum 2007 (STAIF?07) ; Albuquerque, New Mexico. 2007-02-11 - 2007-02-15.
- (2006) Security Issues in Adaptive Distributed Systems. the Fourteenth European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2006) ; Goteborg. 2006-06-07 - 2006-06-09.
- (2006) A Computational Model of A Cortical-Cerebellar Microscopic Module. Sixth Understanding Complex Systems Symposium ; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Usa. 2006-05-15 - 2006-05-18.
- (2006) Improved Control of a Distributed Processing Module Using a Physiologically Inspired Activation Function. Second Annual Computational Cognitive Neuroscience Conference ; Houston, Texas. 2006-11-15 - 2006-11-16.
- (2006) Does the Human Brain Have Algorithms?. the 2006 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ICAI?06) ; Las Vegas. 2006-06-26 - 2006-06-29.
- (2006) Non-Symbolic Algorithms and Concepts in the Human Brain. Second Annual Computational Cognitive Neuroscience Conference ; Houston, Texas. 2006-11-15 - 2006-11-16.
- (2006) A Computational Model Of A Microzone of the Cerebellum. Sixth Understanding Complex Systems Symposium ; University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. 2006-05-15 - 2006-05-18.
- (2006) Agents of the Mind to Emerge in Netlogo. Tenth Annual Swarm Agent-Based Simulation Meeting (SwarmFest 2006) ; University of Notre Dame, Indiana, Usa. 2006-06-23 - 2006-06-24.
- (2005) Innate Planning Mechanisms. MNAS'05, Modeling Natural Action Selection Workshop 2005 ; Scotland. 2005-07-30 - 2005-07-31.
- (2004) From Low level to High Level Reasoning. Proceedings of the Turkish Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Neural Networks (TAINN 2004) . Dokuz Eylul University and Bogazici University; 2004-06-10 - 2004-06-11.
- (2003) A Learning Based and Vision Guided Robotic Agent Replanning Framework. Proceedings of the Twelfth Turkish Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Neural Networks . Canakkale 18 Mart University, Turkey; Canakkale. 2003-07-02 - 2003-07-04.
- (2002) A Proposal For A Robotic Planning/Replanning Framework. Proceedings of the Eleventh Turkish Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Neural Network (TAINN 2002) ; 2002-06-20 - 2002-06-21.