Background and activities
Field of interest:
- Non-linear finite element methods applied in structure analysis
- Global response, stress and fatigue analysis of steel risers, pipelines, flexibles and cables during installation and operation
- Vortex induced vibrations of slender structures with internal flows
- Ocean mining
- Development of methods for stress analysis of complex cross-sections and pipelines
- Development of methods for fatigue testing of complex cross-sections
- TMR4120 - Underwater Engineering, Basic Course
- TMR4590 - Wind Turbine Energy - Offshore Engineering, Specialization Project
- TMR4190 - Finite Element Methods in Structural Analysis
- TMR4305 - Advanced Analysis of Marine Structures
- TMR4500 - Marine Structures, Specialization Project
- MR8208 - Dynamic Analysis of Slender Marine Structures
- TMR4505 - Marine Structures, Specialization Course
- TMR4225 - Marine Operations
- TMR5950 - Wind Turbine Energy - Offshore Engineering, Master Thesis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Nonlinear bending behavior of a multilayer copper conductor in a dynamic power cable. Ocean Engineering. vol. 250.
- (2022) Time domain simulation of marine riser vortex-induced vibrations in three-dimensional currents. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 120.
- (2022) Efficiency improvement on the ANCF cable element by using the dot product form of curvature. Applied Mathematical Modelling. vol. 102.
- (2021) Vessel hydrodynamic model tuning by Discrete Bayesian updating using simulated onboard sensor data. Ocean Engineering. vol. 220.
- (2021) Validation of vessel seakeeping model tuning algorithm based on measurements at model scale. Marine Structures. vol. 80.
- (2021) Onboard tuning of vessel seakeeping model parameters and sea state characteristics. Marine Structures. vol. 78.
- (2021) Adaptive identification of lowpass filter cutoff frequency for online vessel model tuning. Ocean Engineering. vol. 236.
- (2021) Tuning of vessel parameters including sea state dependent roll damping. Ocean Engineering. vol. 233.
- (2021) Prediction of deepwater riser VIV with an improved time domain model including non-linear structural behavior. Ocean Engineering. vol. 236.
- (2021) Simulating High-Mode Vortex-Induced Vibration of a Riser in Linearly Sheared Current Using an Empirical Time-Domain Model. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 143 (4).
- (2021) Algorithmic formulation of clay and sand pipe–soil interaction models for on-bottom stability analysis. Marine Structures. vol. 78.
- (2021) Motion Feasibility Framework for Remotely Operated Vehicles Based on Dynamic Positioning Capability. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 143 (1).
- (2021) Mechanical analysis of drilling riser based on pipe-in-pipe model. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 116.
- (2021) Integrated optimisation design of a dynamic umbilical based on an approximate model. Marine Structures. vol. 78.
- (2020) Experimental and numerical studies on dynamic stress and curvature in steel tube umbilicals. Marine Structures. vol. 72.
- (2020) Study on the static behavior of installing a deep-water drilling riser on a production platform. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 185.
- (2020) Static analysis of interaction between two adjacent top tensioned risers with consideration of wake effects. Ocean Engineering. vol. 195.
- (2020) Improved VIV Response Prediction Using Adaptive Parameters and Data Clustering. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering. vol. 8 (2).
- (2019) A numerical study on vortex-induced vibrations and the effect of slurry density variations on fatigue of ocean mining risers. Ocean Engineering. vol. 174.
- (2019) Simulating fundamental and higher harmonic VIV of slender structures. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 90.