Background and activities
Field of interest:
- Non-linear finite element methods applied in structure analysis
- Global response, stress and fatigue analysis of steel risers, pipelines, flexibles and cables during installation and operation
- Vortex induced vibrations of slender structures with internal flows
- Ocean mining
- Development of methods for stress analysis of complex cross-sections and pipelines
- Development of methods for fatigue testing of complex cross-sections
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Friction models for evaluating dynamic stresses in non-bonded flexible risers. Marine Structures. vol. 55.
- (2017) An Analytical Treatment of Buckling and Instability of Tensile Armors in Flexible Pipes. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering-Transactions of The Asme. vol. 139 (4).
- (2017) Non-linear time domain analysis of cross-flow vortex-induced vibrations. Marine Structures. vol. 51.
- (2017) Time domain model for calculation of pure in-line vortex-induced vibrations. Journal of Fluids and Structures. vol. 68.
- (2016) Comparison study of umbilicals' curvature based on full scale tests and numerical models. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2016-January.
- (2016) On prediction of torque in flexible pipe reeling operations using a Lagrangian-Eulerian FE framework. Marine Structures. vol. 46.
- (2016) Time domain simulation of vortex-induced vibrations in stationary and oscillating flows. Journal of Fluids and Structures. vol. 61.
- (2015) A Lagrangian–Eulerian formulation for reeling analysis of history-dependent multilayered beams. Computers & structures. vol. 146.
- (2015) Fatigue damage from time domain simulation of combined in-line and cross-flow vortex-induced vibrations. Marine Structures. vol. 41.
- (2015) A Simplified Approach to Estimate the Probability of Otter Board Hooking at Pipelines. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering-Transactions of The Asme. vol. 137 (6).
- (2015) Numerical analysis of buckling failure in flexible pipe armor wires. Ocean Engineering. vol. 108.
- (2014) Experimental and finite element analysis of fatigue strength for 300 mm2 copper power conductor. Marine Structures. vol. 39.
- (2014) Finite element analysis of the fatigue strength of copper power conductors exposed to tension and bending loads. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 59.
- (2014) A simplified method for time domain simulation of cross-flow vortex-induced vibrations. Journal of Fluids and Structures. vol. 49.
- (2013) A penalty-based contact element for pipe and 3D rigid body interaction. Engineering structures. vol. 56.
- (2013) Dynamic simulation of subsea pipeline and trawl board pull-over interaction. Marine Structures. vol. 34.
- (2013) Experimental and finite element analysis of fatigue performance of copper power conductors. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 47.
- (2012) Strength Analysis Modelling of Flexible Umbilical Members for Marine Structures. Journal of Applied Mathematics. vol. 2012 (Article ID 985349).
- (2011) Theoretical and experimental studies of stresses in flexible pipes. Computers & structures. vol. 89 (23-24).
- (2016) Aspects of Design and Analysis of Offshore Pipelines and Flexibles. 2016. ISBN 978-7-5643-4466-5.