Sven Magnus Carlsen
Background and activities
- Professor in Clinical Research with a strong interest in how studies should be planned, executed, analyzed and published so that the results presented can be trusted
- Consultant in endocrinology with a special interest in pituitary diseases, polycystic ovary syndrome, diabetes including gestational diabetes and the endocrinology of pregnancy
- Head of the research group Artificial Pancreas Trondheim (APT) which aim at developing a robust closed-loop glucose control system for patients with diabetes mellitus type 1 and 2 and for intensive-care patients
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Intraperitoneal insulin administration in pigs: Effect on circulating insulin and glucose levels. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 9 (e001929).
- (2021) Physiological effects of intraperitoneal versus subcutaneous insulin infusion in patients with diabetes mellitus type1: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLOS ONE. vol. 16 (4).
- (2021) Pharmacokinetics of Intraperitoneally Delivered Glucagon in Pigs: A Hypothesis of First Pass Metabolism. European journal of drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics.
- (2020) Surgery for herniated lumbar disc in private vs public hospitals: A pragmatic comparative effectiveness study. Acta Neurochirurgica. vol. 162 (3).
- (2020) Metformin in Pregnancy Study (MiPS): protocol for a systematic review with individual patient data meta-analysis. BMJ Open.
- (2020) Intraperitoneal and subcutaneous glucagon delivery in anaesthetized pigs: effects on circulating glucagon and glucose levels. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2020) Incidence and Case Fatality of Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Admitted to Hospital Between 2008 and 2014 in Norway. Acta Neurochirurgica.
- (2019) Intrauterine metformin exposure and offspring cardiometabolic risk factors (PedMet study): a 5-10 year follow-up of the PregMet randomised controlled trial. The Lancet Child and Adolescent Health. vol. 3 (3).
- (2019) Validity of the FINDRISC as a prediction tool for diabetes in a contemporary Norwegian population: a 10-year follow-up of the HUNT study. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 7:e000769.
- (2019) Feasibility of early meal detection based on abdominal sound. IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine. vol. 7:3300212.
- (2019) Use of metformin to treat pregnant women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PregMet2): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. The Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology. vol. 7 (4).
- (2019) Why intraperitoneal glucose sensing is sometimes surprisingly rapid and sometimes slow: A hypothesis. Medical Hypotheses. vol. 132:109318.
- (2018) Intraperitoneal, subcutaneous and intravenous glucagon delivery and subsequent glucose response in rats: A randomized controlled crossover trial. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 6 (1).
- (2018) Risk of intracranial hemorrhage (RICH) in users of oral antithrombotic drugs: Nationwide pharmacoepidemiological study. PLOS ONE. vol. 13:e0202575 (8).
- (2018) Metformin use in PCOS pregnancies increases the risk of offspring overweight at 4 years of age: follow-up of two RCTs. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 103 (4).
- (2018) Disulfiram repurposing combined with nutritional copper supplement as add-on to chemotherapy in recurrent glioblastoma (DIRECT): Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. F1000 Research. vol. 7.
- (2018) Basic lifestyle advice to individuals at high risk of type 2 diabetes: a 2-year population-based diabetes prevention study. The DE-PLAN intervention in the HUNT Study, Norway. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 6 (1).
- (2018) Risk analysis for the design of a safe artificial pancreas control system. Health and Technology. vol. 9 (3).
- (2018) Differences between flash glucose monitor and fingerprick measurements. Biosensors. vol. 8:93 (4).
- (2018) Uterine artery Doppler in pregnancy: Women with PCOS compared to healthy controls. International Journal of Endocrinology. vol. 2018.