Background and activities
- Professor in Clinical Research with a strong interest in how studies should be planned, executed, analyzed and published so that the results presented can be trusted
- Consultant in endocrinology with a special interest in pituitary diseases, polycystic ovary syndrome, diabetes including gestational diabetes and the endocrinology of pregnancy
- Head of the research group Artificial Pancreas Trondheim (APT) which aim at developing a robust closed-loop glucose control system for patients with diabetes mellitus type 1 and 2 and for intensive-care patients
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Risk of intracranial hemorrhage (RICH) in users of oral antithrombotic drugs: Nationwide pharmacoepidemiological study. PLoS ONE.
- (2018) Metformin use in PCOS pregnancies increases the risk of offspring overweight at 4 years of age: follow-up of two RCTs. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 103 (4).
- (2017) Uterine artery doppler measurements during first and second trimesters of normal pregnancy. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 96 (3).
- (2017) Kunstig pankreas – drøm eller virkelighet?. Indremedisineren. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) A Review of the Current Challenges Associated with the Development of an Artificial Pancreas by a Double Subcutaneous Approach. Diabetes Therapy. vol. 8.
- (2016) Does AMH reflect follicle number similarly in women with and without PCOS?. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (1).
- (2016) Intraperitoneal Glucose Sensing is Sometimes Surprisingly Rapid. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 37 (2).
- (2016) Impact of sex and age on the performance of FINDRISC: The HUNT study in Norway. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 4 (1).
- (2016) Cervical length and androgens in pregnant women with polycystic ovary syndrome: Has metformin any effect?. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. vol. 101 (6).
- (2016) Hemoglobin A1c as screening for gestational diabetes mellitus in Nordic Caucasian women. Diabetology and Metabolic Syndrome. vol. 8 (43).
- (2016) The artificial pancreas: a dynamic challenge. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (7).
- (2016) Open discectomy vs microdiscectomy for lumbar disc herniation - a protocol for a pragmatic comparative effectiveness study. F1000 Research. vol. 5.
- (2015) Risk of intracranial hemorrhage in users of oral antithrombotic drugs: Study protocol for a nationwide study. F1000. vol. 4:1519.
- (2015) Preoperative octreotide therapy and surgery in acromegaly: associations between glucose homeostasis and treatment response. Endocrine (Basingstoke). vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2015) Minimally invasive decompression versus open laminectomy for central stenosis of the lumbar spine: pragmatic comparative effectiveness study. BMJ-BRITISH MEDICAL JOURNAL. vol. 350.
- (2015) HbA1c as screening for gestational diabetes mellitus in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. BMC Endocrine Disorders. vol. 15 (1).
- (2015) Using the likelihood ratio to evaluate allowable total error - An example with glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c). Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine. vol. 53 (9).
- (2014) The effect of exercise and metformin treatment on circulating free DNA in pregnancy. Placenta. vol. 35 (12).
- (2014) Preoperative octreotide treatment of acromegaly: Long-term results of a randomised controlled trial. European Journal of Endocrinology. vol. 171 (2).
- (2014) Self-reported cardiovascular disease and the risk of lung cancer, the HUNT study. Journal of Thoracic Oncology. vol. 9 (7).