Background and activities
Consultant in Cardiology
Clinical cardiology, echocardiography
Valvular heart disease, cardiomyopathies, myocardial function, ventriculaovascular interaction, cardio-oncology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Wnt5a is associated with right ventricular dysfunction and adverse outcome in dilated cardiomyopathy. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) Wnt5a is elevated in heart failure and affects cardiac fibroblast function. Journal of Molecular Medicine. vol. 95 (7).
- (2017) Left Ventricular Contraction Pattern in Chronic Aortic Regurgitation and Preserved Ejection Fraction: Simultaneous Stress-Strain Analysis by Three-Dimensional Echocardiography. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 30 (4).
- (2017) Timing of myocardial shortening determines left ventricular regional myocardial work and regional remodelling in hearts with conduction delays. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 0.
- (2017) Increased clutter level in echocardiography due to specular reflection. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. vol. 10139.
- (2017) Effect of interleukin-6 inhibition on coronary microvascular and endothelial function in myocardial infarction. Heart. vol. 103 (19).
- (2017) Determinants and Outcome of Decision Making Among Patients with Severe Aortic Stenosis. Journal of Heart Valve Disease. vol. 26.
- (2017) Prognostic Value of Left Ventricular Deformation Parameters in Patients with Severe Aortic Stenosis: A Pilot Study of the Usefulness of Strain Echocardiography. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 30 (8).
- (2017) Cardiac Assessment of Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Median 10 Years After Successful Simultaneous Pancreas and Kidney Transplantation Compared With Living Donor Kidney Transplantation. Transplantation. vol. 101 (6).
- (2017) The Notch Ligands DLL1 and Periostin Are Associated with Symptom Severity and Diastolic Function in Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research.
- (2017) Accuracy of Cuff-Measured Blood Pressure: Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. vol. 70 (5).
- (2017) Hypothesis of Improved Visualization of Microstructures in the Interventricular Septum with Ultrasound and Adaptive Beamforming. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 43 (10).
- (2017) The association of volumetric response and long-term survival after cardiac resynchronization therapy. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 18 (10).
- (2017) Long-Term Outcome After CRT in the Presence of Mechanical Dyssynchrony Seen With Chronic RV Pacing or Intrinsic LBBB. JACC Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 10 (10, Part A).
- (2017) EACVI appropriateness criteria for the use of transthoracic echocardiography in adults: a report of literature and current practice review. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 18 (11).
- (2016) Echocardiographic evidence of right ventricular functional improvement after balloon pulmonary angioplasty in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension. The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. vol. 35 (1).
- (2016) Controlled release metoprolol for aortic regurgitation: a randomised clinical trial. Heart. vol. 102 (3).
- (2016) Exercise capacity and peak oxygen consumption in asymptomatic patients with chronic aortic regurgitation. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 223.
- (2016) Utility of Global Longitudinal Strain by Echocardiography to Detect Left Ventricular Dysfunction in Long-Term Adult Survivors of Childhood Lymphoma and Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. American Journal of Cardiology. vol. 118 (3).
- (2016) Right ventricular function in long-term adult survivors of childhood lymphoma and acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 17 (7).