Background and activities
Consultant in Cardiology
Clinical cardiology, echocardiography
Valvular heart disease, cardiomyopathies, myocardial function, ventriculaovascular interaction, cardio-oncology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Rationale for the ASSAIL-MI-trial: a randomised controlled trial designed to assess the effect of tocilizumab on myocardial salvage in patients with acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI). Open heart. vol. 6 (2).
- (2019) Sex-specific difference in outcome after cardiac resynchronization therapy. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 20 (5).
- (2019) Assessment of mechanical dyssynchrony can improve the prognostic value of guideline-based patient selection for cardiac resynchronization therapy. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 20.
- (2019) Combining Automatic Angle Correction and 3-D Tracking Doppler for the Assessment of Aortic Stenosis Severity. IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control. vol. 66 (9).
- (2019) Basal Strain Estimation in Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE) using Deep Learning based Unsupervised Deformable Image Registration. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. vol. 2019-October.
- (2019) Predictors of early mortality after transcatheter aortic valve implantation. Open heart. vol. 6 (1).
- (2019) Increased complement factor B and Bb levels are associated with mortality in patients with severe aortic stenosis. Journal of Immunology. vol. 203 (7).
- (2019) Systolic dysfunction in systemic sclerosis: Prevalence and prognostic implications. ACR Open Rheumatology. vol. 1 (4).
- (2019) Prevalence, risk factors, and type of sleep apnea in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. International journal of cardiology: Heart and Vasculature (IJCHA).
- (2018) Arterial properties in adults with long-lasting active juvenile idiopathic arthritis compared to healthy controls. Pediatric Rheumatology. vol. 16 (85).
- (2018) Myokardfibrose. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 138 (16).
- (2018) Combining Automatic Angle Correction and 3-D Tracking Doppler for Aortic Stenosis Severity Assessment. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2018) Interleukin-6 receptor inhibition with tocilizumab induces a selective and substantial increase in plasma IP-10 and MIP-1β in non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 271.
- (2018) Machine learning analysis of left ventricular function to characterize heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. Circulation Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 11 (4).
- (2018) Left ventricular diastolic dysfunction predicts mortality in patients with systemic sclerosis. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. vol. 72 (15).
- (2018) Treatment of sleep apnea in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: design and rationale of a randomized controlled trial. Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal. vol. 52 (6).
- (2017) Wnt5a is associated with right ventricular dysfunction and adverse outcome in dilated cardiomyopathy. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) Wnt5a is elevated in heart failure and affects cardiac fibroblast function. Journal of Molecular Medicine. vol. 95 (7).
- (2017) Left Ventricular Contraction Pattern in Chronic Aortic Regurgitation and Preserved Ejection Fraction: Simultaneous Stress-Strain Analysis by Three-Dimensional Echocardiography. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 30 (4).
- (2017) Timing of myocardial shortening determines left ventricular regional myocardial work and regional remodelling in hearts with conduction delays. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 19 (8).