Background and activities
Neurologist at St. Olav's University Hospital.
PhD Candidate at Department of Neuromedicine and Movement Science, and Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience, NTNU.
Medical doctor 2012 from NTNU. Columnist 2010-12 at Sorgenfri Street Magazine. Medical internship 2013-14 at Levanger Hospital and Tangen Medical Centre, Stjørdal. Specialty registrar 2014-21 and specialist in neurology from 2021 at Dept. of Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology, St. Olav’s University Hospital. PhD candidate in neuroscience from 2017 at NTNU.
- Translational Epileptology
- Systems Neuroscience
- Systems Medicine
In my PhD project, I am exploring epilepsy in fluorescent zebrafish. Since the fish are small and transparent, we can study the activity in the whole brain. We combine two-photon microscopy, optogenetics, electrophysiology and behavioral assays to investigate neural and glial networks in pharmacological and genetic epilepsy models.
Awarded Best presentation in Basic Neurology at the Tournament for Neurologists in Training, Congress of the European Academy of Neurology 2019.
Video introduction to the research (in Norwegian): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztO4psghjsg
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Precision treatment with nicotine in autosomal dominant sleep-related hypermotor epilepsy (ADSHE): An observational study of clinical outcome and serum cotinine levels in 17 patients. Epilepsy Research. vol. 178.
- (2021) Loss of glutamate transporter eaat2a leads to aberrant neuronal excitability, recurrent epileptic seizures, and basal hypoactivity. Glia. vol. 70 (1).
- (2020) Remarkable effect of transdermal nicotine in children with CHRNA4- related autosomal dominant sleep-related hypermotor epilepsy. Epilepsy & Behavior. vol. 105.
- (2019) Glia-neuron interactions underlie state transitions to generalized seizures. Nature Communications. vol. 10.
- (2021) Epileptiske anfall i selvlysende sebrafisk. Nevrodagene . Norsk nevrologisk forening; 2021-03-18 - 2021-03-18.
- (2019) Glia-neuron interactions underlie state transitions to generalized seizures. 5th Congress of the European Academy of Neurology . EAN; Oslo. 2019-06-29 - 2019-07-02.
- (2019) Hjernens forsvar bryter sammen ved epilepsi. Gemini.no [Internett]. 2019-08-23.