Background and activities
Research and teaching activities, fields of interests:
Structural design of buildings and bridges (incl post graduate lecturing and standardization work), Fibre reinforced concrete, Early age concrete crack assessment, Finite element analysis with focus on timedependent structural systems and material behavior. Deteriorated structures and related design methods.
Fib TG 8.3 Fibre reinforced concrete, Fib TG 8.8: Structural properties of flowable concrete, CEN/TC 250/SC 2/WG 1/ (Revision of Eurocode 2) , TG 7 Timedependent effects, CEN/TC 250/SC 2/WG 1/ (Revision of Eurocode 2), TG 2 Fibre reinforced concrete, Norwegian Concrete Association committee for fibre concrete (chairman).
Lecturer in TKT4220 Concrete Structures 2 (Prestressed concrete and precast concrete elements), Lecturer in post-graduate courses (industry) : Analysis and design of bridges (2006 & 2007) Bridge design course (2013, 2014), Early age crack assessment (2010&2014), Prestressed concrete (2016).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Material Characterization Approach for Modelling High-Strength Concrete after Cooling from Elevated Temperatures. Journal of materials in civil engineering.
- (2020) The effect of shrinkage reducing admixtures on drying shrinkage, autogenous deformation, and early age stress development of concrete. Structural Concrete.
- (2020) The effect of curing temperature on autogenous deformation of fly ash concretes. Cement & Concrete Composites. vol. 109.
- (2020) Experimental investigation of ASR-affected concrete – The influence of uniaxial loading on the evolution of mechanical properties, expansion and damage indices. Construction and Building Materials. vol. 245.
- (2020) Inspection and assessment of corrosion in pretensioned concrete bridge girders exposed to coastal climate. Infrastructures. vol. 5 (9).
- (2020) A numerical investigation of the cracking behaviour of reinforced-concrete tie elements. Magazine of Concrete Research. vol. 72 (3).
- (2020) Analytical Calculation Model for Predicting Cracking Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Ties. Journal of Structural Engineering. vol. 146 (2).
- (2019) A review of literature and code requirements for the crack width limitations for design of concrete structures in serviceability limit states. Structural Concrete. vol. 20 (2).
- (2019) Serviceability limit state design of large concrete structures: Impact on reinforcement amounts and consequences of design code ambiguity. Engineering structures. vol. 201.
- (2019) Hardening Concrete Exposed to Realistic Curing Temperature Regimes and Restraint Conditions: Advanced Testing and Design Methodology. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 2019.
- (2019) Use of Concrete for Road Infrastructure: A SWOT Analysis Related to the three Catchwords Sustainability, Industrialisation and Digitalisation. Nordic Concrete Research. vol. 60 (1).
- (2019) Durability of pretensioned concrete girders in coastal climate bridges: Basis for better maintenance and future design. Structural Concrete. vol. 20 (6).
- (2019) Modified cracked membrane model for consistent crack width predictions of reinforced concrete structures subjected to in-plane loading. Engineering structures. vol. 196.
- (2018) Calibration of material models against TSTM test for crack risk assessment of early-age concrete containing fly ash. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 2018:1069181.
- (2018) Crack risk evaluation of submerged concrete tunnel during hardening phase. Advances in Civil Engineering. vol. 2018.
- (2018) Numerical modelling of field test for crack risk assessment of early age concrete containing fly ash. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 2018:1058170.
- (2018) The effect of realistic curing temperature on the strength and E-modulus of concrete. Materials and Structures. vol. 51 (6).
- (2018) Experimental and theoretical investigation of crack width calculation methods for RC ties. Structural Concrete. vol. 19 (5).
- (2017) Comparison of tensile and compressive creep of fly ash concretes in the hardening phase. Cement and Concrete Research. vol. 95.
- (2016) Influence of fibre configuration on the mechanical behaviour of standard test specimens and full-scale beams made of flowable FRC. Construction and Building Materials. vol. 111.