Background and activities
Discipline / work area
I am involved in modelling and analysis of damping in structural systems. Focus is on non-classically damped structural systems such as floating bridges or submerged floating tunnels.
- Modelling and analysis
- Identification of damping properties
- Developing design principles
As a PhD-student I am still maturing my professional expertise within the field of Structural Engineering and Marine Technology. The research areas I have been focusing on is mostly:
- Structural Dynamics
- Finite Element Method
- Hydrodynamic damping
Education and work experience:
- M.Sc. Civil Engineering at Aalborg University, Denmark in 2013
- Research Assistant at Aalborg University (2 months)
- Geotechnical Engineer at Geo (6 months)
- Research Assistant at Aarhus University (6 months)
- Chairman of Engineers Without Boarders local chapter in Aalborg, Denmark (18 months)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Effects of wave directionality on extreme response for a long end-anchored floating bridge. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 90.
Part of book/report
- (2018) Code-to-Code Verification of End-Anchored Floating Bridge Global Analysis. ASME 2018 37th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 11A: Honoring Symposium for Professor Carlos Guedes Soares on Marine Technology and Ocean Engineering.
- (2018) Impact of Hydrodynamic Interaction Between Pontoons on Global Responses of a Long Floating Bridge Under Wind Waves. ASME 2018 37th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, Madrid, Spain, June 17–22, 2018 - Volume 7A: Ocean Engineering.
- (2016) Dynamic Response of a Floating Bridge Structure. 19th Congress of IABSE, Challenges in Design and Construction of an Innovative and Sustainable Built Environment.
- (2016) Methods for Preliminary Analysis of Floating Bridge Structures. Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on PRActical Design of Ships and Other Floating Structures (PRADS' 2016).