Background and activities
My reseach interest are within the field of evolutionary biology. In specific, I investigate how natural selection may result in evolutonary changes in wild populations of long-lived organisms.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Characterizing morphological (co)variation using structural equation models: Body size, allometric relationships and evolvability in a house sparrow metapopulation. Evolution.
- (2019) Parasite prevalence increases with temperature in an avian metapopulation in northern Norway. Parasitology. vol. 146 (8).
- (2018) Offspring fitness and the optimal propagule size in a fluctuating environment. Journal of Avian Biology. vol. 49 (7).
- (2018) Inferences of genetic architecture of bill morphology in house sparrow using a high-density SNP array point to a polygenic basis. Molecular Ecology. vol. 27 (17).
- (2017) Controlling for P-value inflation in allele frequency change in experimental evolution and artificial selection experiments. Molecular Ecology Resources. vol. 17 (4).
- (2017) Reversal of response to artificial selection on body size in a wild passerine bird. Evolution. vol. 71 (8).
- (2017) Demographic influences of translocated individuals on a resident population of house sparrows. Oikos. vol. 126 (10).
- (2017) Insights into the genetic architecture of morphological and sexually selected traits in two passerine bird species. Heredity. vol. 119 (3).
- (2017) Sensitivity analysis of effective population size to demographic parameters in house sparrow populations. Molecular Ecology. vol. 26 (9).
- (2016) Spatial variation in senescence rates in a bird metapopulation. Oecologia. vol. 181 (3).
- (2016) Harvest-induced phenotypic selection in an island population of moose, Alces alces. Evolution. vol. 70 (7).
- (2015) On being the right size: Increased body size is associated with reduced telomere length under natural conditions. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 282 (1820).
- (2014) Estimating phenotypic selection in age-structured populations by removing transient fluctuations. Evolution. vol. 68 (9).
- (2014) Multiple aspects of plasticity in clutch size vary among populations of a globally distributed songbird. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 83 (4).
- (2013) Correlates of egg size variation in a population of house sparrow Passer domesticus. Oecologia. vol. 171 (2).
- (2012) Estimating fluctuating selection in age-structured populations. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. vol. 25 (8).
- (2016) Evolution by natural selection in age-structured populations in fluctuating environments. 2016. ISBN 978-82-326-1398-4.