Thomas Vikestad Kalvik
Background and activities
I work with the learning environment at The Faculty of Social and Educatuional Sciences (SU). This means that I work to increase student retention, persistence and success, and I have a special focus on first year experiences and on the welcome programme for new students at SU.
My responsibilities at SU include:
- Coordinating and developing the welcome programmes for new students
- Coordinating and developing the mentor programme.
- Establish shared learning spaces for students.
- Support the student associations and the student representatives.
- Maintiaing up-to-date information about the quality of education and student retention and persistence.
- Advise employees and student representatives about the quality of education in study programmes
- Provide informational and practical support to departments that wish to work systematically with increased student succsess, retention and persistence.
- Receiveing and processing cases and hearings concering the learning environment
First year experience
Transition support to higher education
Administrative procedure for complaints and whistleblowing cases
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Depletion of the human N-terminal acetyltransferase hNaa30 disrupts Golgi integrity and ARFRP1 localization. Bioscience Reports. vol. 37:BSR20170066 (2).
- (2016) A Role for Human N-alpha Acetyltransferase 30 (Naa30) in Maintaining Mitochondrial Integrity. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics.
- (2015) An organellar Nα-acetyltransferase, Naa60, acetylates cytosolic n termini of transmembrane proteins and maintains golgi integrity. Cell reports. vol. 10 (8).
- (2015) Biochemical and cellular analysis of Ogden syndrome reveals downstream Nt-acetylation defects. Human Molecular Genetics. vol. 24 (7).
- (2013) Protein N-terminal acetyltransferases in cancer. Oncogene. vol. 32 (3).
- (2014) Substrates and Cellular functions of the human N-terminal acetyltransferases NatA and NatC. 2014. ISBN 978-82-308-2939-4.