Tom Eirik Mollnes
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Blood Transcriptome Analysis of Septic Patients Reveals a Long Non-Coding Alu-RNA in the Complement C5a Receptor 1 Gene. Non-coding RNA. vol. 8 (2).
- (2022) Inflammation in the early phase after kidney transplantation is associated with increased long-term all-cause mortality. American Journal of Transplantation.
- (2022) Inflammatory Markers, Pulmonary Function, and Clinical Symptoms in Acute COVID-19 Among Non-Hospitalized Adolescents and Young Adults. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 13.
- (2022) Antirheumatic therapy is associated with reduced complement activation in rheumatoid arthritis. PLOS ONE. vol. 17(2): e0264628.
- (2022) A Novel Porcine Model of Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury After Cross-Clamping the Thoracic Aorta Revealed Substantial Cardiopulmonary, Thromboinflammatory and Biochemical Changes Without Effect of C1-Inhibitor Treatment. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 13.
- (2022) Association between brain-derived neurotropic factor (BDNF), high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) and psychiatric symptoms in medicated and unmedicated patients. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 22 (1).
- (2022) Venous Air Embolism Activates Complement C3 Without Corresponding C5 Activation and Trigger Thromboinflammation in Pigs. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 13.
- (2022) Intracellular Complement Component 3 Attenuated Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury in the Isolated Buffer-Perfused Mouse Heart and Is Associated With Improved Metabolic Homeostasis. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 13.
- (2021) Investigating novel biomarkers of immune activation and modulation in the context of sedentary behaviour: a multicentre prospective ischemic stroke cohort study. BMC Neurology. vol. 21 (1).
- (2021) Neopterin and kynurenic acid as predictors of stroke recurrence and mortality: a multicentre prospective cohort study on biomarkers of inflammation measured three months after ischemic stroke. BMC Neurology. vol. 21 (1).
- (2021) The lytic polysaccharide monooxygenase CbpD promotes Pseudomonas aeruginosa virulence in systemic infection. Nature Communications. vol. 12.
- (2021) Complement activation is associated with poor outcome after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. vol. 166.
- (2021) Vitamin C, Hydrocortisone, and the Combination Thereof Significantly Inhibited Two of Nine Inflammatory Markers Induced by Escherichia Coli But Not by Staphylococcus Aureus - When Incubated in Human Whole Blood. Shock. vol. 57 (1).
- (2021) Hemorrhagic shock induces a rapid transcriptomic shift of the immune balance in leukocytes after experimental multiple injury. Mediators of Inflammation. vol. 2021:6654318.
- (2021) Lasting Immunological Imprint of Primary Epstein-Barr Virus Infection With Associations to Chronic Low-Grade Inflammation and Fatigue. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 12.
- (2021) Therapeutic Targeting of the Complement System: From Rare Diseases to Pandemics. Pharmacological Reviews. vol. 73 (2).
- (2021) Impact of a Vancomycin-Induced Shift of the Gut Microbiome in a Gram-Negative Direction on Plasma Factor VIII:C Levels: Results from a Randomized Controlled Trial. Thrombosis and Haemostasis. vol. 0.
- (2021) The Alternative Complement Pathway Is Activated Without a Corresponding Terminal Pathway Activation in Patients With Heart Failure. Frontiers in Immunology. vol. 12.
- (2021) Combined blockade of complement C5 and TLR co-receptor CD14 synergistically inhibits pig-to-human corneal xenograft induced innate inflammatory responses. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 127.
- (2021) The inflammatory response is related to circulatory failure after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: A prospective cohort study. Resuscitation. vol. 170.