Background and activities
Tor Haugerud, (b 1962), is an experienced drummer and percussionist, living in Trondheim, Norway. As a musician, he has developed his own unconventional style based on improvised music influenced by jazz and the European contemporary music scene. He is always searching the nuanced and specific sound from his percussion setup in order to bring his spontaneous expressions into the music, which may also contains use of signal generator and field recordings. Tor also has a background as a physical actor and performance artist in projects of surrealistic art, in groups like Cirka Teater, misterYtor and Teater Fot, in which he also is a composer.
He has toured throughout Europe, Africa, North-America and Asia with his bands and collaborators, which include musicians like Kim Myhr, Stian Westerhus, Eirik Hegdal, Michael Duch, Oscar Grönberg, Ståle Storløkken, Tone Åse, Martin Taxt, Klaus Holm, Hans Magnus Ryan, Ingar Zach, Christian Wallumrød, Jon Balke, Terje Rypdal, Nils-Olav Johansen, Kjetil Møster, Siri Gjære, Kirsti Huke, Sidsel Endresen and Jenny Hval. Axel Dörner and Andrea Neumann (GE), Han Bennink (NED), Pat Metheny (US), Joshua Redman (US), Andy Sheppard (UK), Sher Miandad Khan (PAK), Philippe Lauzier (CAN), Kaja Draksler (SLO), Jim Denley and Clare Cooper (AUS) and more.
Tor is also an Associate Professor at the University of Trondheim NTNU, Music Performance Studies, Jazz Course.
Alpaca Ensemble, which is a mix between contemporary and improvised music (with Eirik Hegdal – saxes, Marianne B. Lie – cello, Sigrid Stang –violin and Else Bø – piano, T.H - drums and gl.spiel)
En En En, improv and freejazz (Eirik Hegdal – clarinet/saxes and Michael Duch – bass, T.H drums & glockenspiel)
BOL&SNAH, plays experimental prog rock with influences from jazz and other genres (Ståle Storløkken – synth, Tone Åse – vocal, Hans Magnus "Snah" Ryan - guitar, T.H - drums)
Kléber trio, plays modern jazz. (Nils-Olav Johansen - gitar, Bjørn Marius Hegge - bass, T.H - drums)
Oscar Grönberg trio (Eirik Hegdal, clarinets, Oscar Grönberg - piano, T.H - drums)
Pappenheim (Oscar Grönberg - piano, T.H - drums). Free improvised music.
Teater Fot, theater group with plays for children and composed and improvised music.
Trondheim Jazzorkester. Several project with musicians from the norwegian and international scene playing contemporary jazz and improvised music.
Read more about Tor at www.torhaugerud.no
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Baby Becomings på Rosendal Teater. Baby Becomings
- (2020) Animalium Performance i utstillingen A Beast, a God and a Line på Kunsthall Trondheim. Animalium Performance
- (2019) enenen i London. enenen i London
- (2019) enenen i Reykjavik. enenen
- (2019) enenen med Johan Lindström. enenen med Johan Lindström
- (2019) enenen og Lindstrøm på Antikvariatet. null
- (2019) Animalium Performance. I Anna Daniells utstilling KONFERANSE på Kunsthall Trondheim. Animalium Performance
- (2019) Animalium Stunt. Åpningen av Rosendal Teater 25.8.2019. Animalium Stunt
- (2019) Debutkonsert NTNU kammerkor. Debutkonsert NTNU kammerkor
- (2019) Konsert med BOL på Julejazz. Konsert med BOL
- (2018) Crispin Glover konsert. null
- (2018) enenen. null
- (2018) enenen Dokkhuset. null
- (2018) Gibrish - Sund. null
- (2018) Art Ensemble Syd, turné Danmark. Art Ensemble Syd - turné Danmark
- (2018) Fonogram: Råsane. Råsane
- (2018) Lydlab Kongsgården. Lydlab Kongsgården
- (2018) Tjditjie Heddadagane. Tjidtjie
- (2018) Tjidtjie. Tjidtjie
- (2018) Drosjekaféen. Drosjekaféen