Background and activities
Professional competences, skills and interests
Since 2007: Research scientist, Department of Biology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
2004-2007: Post doc, Department of Biology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, including one year as a visiting scholar at University of California, Riverside
Phd student, Department of Biology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
My interests are diverse aspects of algae biology. I study different aspects of nutrient responses in diatoms. Another interest is responses to light in diatoms. We have studied transitions from darkness to light and from low to high light, responses to different light qualities and diel gene regulation. Finally, I participate on a genome sequencing project on the diatom Seminavis robusta.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Dynamic responses to silicon in Thalasiossira pseudonana - Identification, characterisation and classification of signature genes and their corresponding protein motifs. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).
- (2017) The effects of phosphorus limitation on carbon metabolism in diatoms. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 372 (1728).
- (2017) The IDA-LIKE peptides IDL6 and IDL7 are negative modulators of stress responses in Arabidopsis thaliana. Journal of Experimental Botany. vol. 68 (13).
- (2016) A sex-inducing pheromone triggers cell cycle arrest and mate attraction in the diatom Seminavis robusta. Scientific Reports. vol. 6.
- (2015) Whole cell response to nitrogen depletion in the diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. Journal of Experimental Botany. vol. 66 (20).
- (2015) The IDA/IDA-LIKE and PIP/PIP-LIKE gene families in Arabidopsis: Phylogenetic relationship, expression patterns, and transcriptional effect of the PIPL3 peptide. Journal of Experimental Botany. vol. 66 (17).
- (2014) The chloroplast genome of the diatom Seminavis robusta: New features introduced through multiple mechanisms of horizontal gene transfer. Marine Genomics. vol. 16 (1).
- (2014) System responses to equal doses of photosynthetically usable radiation of blue, green, and red light in the marine diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (12).
- (2013) Gene regulation of carbon fixation, storage, and utilization in the diatom phaeodactylum tricornutum acclimated to light/dark cycles. Plant Physiology. vol. 161 (2).
- (2013) NEVERSHED and INFLORESCENCE DEFICIENT IN ABSCISSION are differentially required for cell expansion and cell separation during floral organ abscission in Arabidopsis thaliana. Journal of Experimental Botany. vol. 64 (17).
- (2013) Molecular and photosynthetic responses to prolonged darkness and subsequent acclimation to re-illumination in the diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (3).
- (2011) Genome-wide profiling of responses to cadmium in the diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 45 (18).
- (2011) Arabidopsis thaliana MIRO1 and MIRO2 GTPases Are Unequally Redundant in Pollen Tube Growth and Fusion of Polar Nuclei during Female Gametogenesis. PLoS ONE. vol. 6 (4).
- (2009) Plant peptides in signalling: looking for new partners. Trends in Plant Science. vol. 14 (5).
- (2009) An integrated analysis of molecular acclimation to high light in the marine diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum. PLoS ONE. vol. 4 (11).
- (2006) A RHOse by any other name: a comparative analysis of animal and plant Rho GTPases. Cell Research. vol. 16 (5).
- (2006) The crystal structure of Arabidopsis thaliana RAC7/ROP9: The first RAS superfamily GTPase from the plant kingdom. Phytochemistry. vol. 67 (21).
- (2005) The small GTPase AtRAC2/ROP7 is specifically expressed during late stages of xylem differentiation in Arabidopsis. Journal of Experimental Botany. vol. 56 (419).
- (2004) NAPP and PIRP encode subunits of a putative WAVE regulatory protein complex involved in plant cell morphogenesis. The Plant Cell. vol. 16 (9).
- (2004) Genetic, molecular and functional studies of RAC GTPases and the WAVE-like regulatory protein complex in Arabidopsis thaliana. 2004. ISBN 82-471-6349-7.