Tore C Stiles
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) The impact of pain and catastrophizing on the long-term course of depression in the general population (the HUNT pain study). Pain.
- (2021) Comparing objective cognitive impairments in patients with peripheral neuropathic pain or fibromyalgia. Scientific Reports.
- (2020) The Natural Course of Chronic Pain in a General Population: Stability and Change in an Eight-Wave Longitudinal Study Over Four Years (the HUNT Pain Study). Journal of Pain. vol. 21.
- (2020) Metacognitive Beliefs as Predictors of Return to Work After Intensive Return-to-Work Rehabilitation in Patients With Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue and Common Psychological Disorders: Results From a Prospective Trial. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 11.
- (2020) MINDFLEX Training for Cognitive Flexibility in Chronic Pain: A Randomized, Controlled Cross-Over Trial. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 11.
- (2020) The effect of in-session exposure in Fear-Avoidance treatment of chronic low back pain: A randomized controlled trial. European Journal of Pain. vol. 25 (1).
- (2020) Effects of digital cognitive behavioural therapy for insomnia on insomnia severity: a large-scale randomised controlled trial. The Lancet Digital Health. vol. 2 (8).
- (2019) The natural course of chronic pain in a general population: Stability and change in an eight-wave longitudinal study over four years (the HUNT pain study). Journal of Pain.
- (2019) Effects of Attentional Bias Modification on residual symptoms in depression: A randomized controlled trial. BMC Psychiatry. vol. 19 (141).
- (2019) Attention Bias Modification in Remitted Depression Is Associated With Increased Interest and Leads to Reduced Adverse Impact of Anxiety Symptoms and Negative Cognition. Clinical Psychological Science. vol. 7 (3).
- (2019) A Prospective Test of the Metacognitive Model of Depression in Previously Depressed Individuals. Cognitive Therapy and Research. vol. 43 (3).
- (2019) Burnout and Subjective Perfomance Among Junior Athletes- Associations with Affective and Cognitive Components. Sports. vol. 7 (171).
- (2019) Working Alliance in the Coach-Athlete Relationship and Athlete Burnout – The Mediating Role of Athlete Resilience. International Journal of Sport Psychology. vol. 50 (4).
- (2019) Interpersonal problems as a predictor of pain catastrophizing in patients with chronic pain. Scandinavian Journal of Pain.
- (2019) Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Preceded by Attention Bias Modification on Residual Symptoms in Depression: A 12-Month Follow-Up. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10.
- (2018) The effect of insomnia on neuropsychological functioning in patients with comorbid symptoms of pain, fatigue, and mood disorders. Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology. vol. 33 (1).
- (2018) Conceptual framework for therapeutic training with biofeedback in Virtual Reality: first evaluation of a relaxation simulator. The Journal of Interactive Learning Research. vol. 29 (1).
- (2018) Catastrophizing, Solicitous Responses From Significant Others, and Function in Individuals With Neuropathic Pain, Osteoarthritis, or Spinal Pain in the General Population. Journal of Pain. vol. 19 (9).
- (2018) Biopsychosocial predictors and trajectories of work participation after transdiagnostic occupational rehabilitation of participants with mental and somatic disorders: A cohort study. BMC Public Health. vol. 18:1014.
- (2018) A randomized noninferiority trial comparing Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) delivered by a therapist or via a fully automated online treatment program. Sleep.