Tor Georg Jakobsen
Background and activities
Professor in political science from 2015. I obtained my Ph.D. in 2011 with the title Macro Factors and Public Opinion: An Investigation of Economic Left-Right Attitudes in Advanced Industrialized Democracies. Research interests: political behaviour, peace research, and quantitative methods.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) The rising fear of terrorism and the emergence of a European security governance space: citizen perceptions and EU counterterrorism cooperation. Journal of Contemporary European Studies.
- (2021) Match Experience at the Danish Women's Soccer National A-Team Matches: An Explorative Study. Sustainability. vol. 13 (5).
- (2020) Stadium Experience and Word-of-Mouth: A Panel Data Analysis of National A-Team Men’s Football Matches in Denmark, 2013–17. Managing Sport and Leisure.
- (2019) Rewards of reforms: Can economic freedom and reforms in developing countries reduce the brain drain?. International Area Studies Review. vol. 22 (4).
- (2019) Two Germanys? Investigating the religious and social base of the 1930 nazi electorate. Social Science History. vol. 43 (4).
- (2019) The impact of English Premier League broadcasts on Danish spectator demand: a small league perspective. Zeitschrift für Betriebswirtschaft (ZfB). vol. 89 (6).
- (2019) National Pride, Sporting Success and Event Hosting: An Analysis of Intangible Effects Related to Major Athletic Tournaments. International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics. vol. 12 (1).
- (2019) The impact of Formula 1 on regional economies in Europe. Regional studies. vol. 54 (6).
- (2018) Tripwires and free-riders: Do forward-deployed U.S. troops reduce the willingness of host-country citizens to fight for their country?. Contemporary Security Policy. vol. 40 (2).
- (2018) Does Live Broadcasting Reduce Stadium Attendance? The Case of Norwegian Football. Sport, Business and Management. vol. 8 (1).
- (2018) Can international elite sport success trickle down to mass sport participation? Evidence from Danish team handball. European Journal of Sport Science. vol. 18 (8).
- (2018) The complex challenge of spectator demand: attendance drivers in the Danish men’s handball league. European Sport Management Quarterly. vol. 18 (5).
- (2017) FREE-MARKET CAPITALISM, INTERPERSONAL TRUST, AND TRUST IN POLITICAL INSTITUTIONS: A MULTILEVEL EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS, 1994–2014. Journal of Globalization Studies. vol. 8 (2).
- (2017) Do they make a difference? Professional team sports clubs’ effects on migration and local growth: Evidence from Denmark. Sport Management Review. vol. 20 (3).
- (2016) Unpacking Ethnicity: Exploring the Underlying Mechanisms Linking Ethnic Fractionalization and Civil Conflict. Peace and Conflict: The Journal of Peace Psychology. vol. 22 (4).
- (2016) The challenge of globalisation: A world-wide investigation of public attitudes on individual vs. government responsibility. World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development. vol. 12 (4).
- (2016) Inter-Municipal Cooperation and Satisfaction with Services: Evidence from the Norwegian Citizen Study. International Journal of Public Administration. vol. 39 (8).
- (2016) The return of prejudice in Europe’s regions: The moderated relationship between group threat and economic vulnerability. Nationalism & Ethnic Politics. vol. 22 (3).
- (2016) Democratic peace and the norms of the public: A multilevel analysis of the relationship between regime type and citizens' bellicosity, 1981-2008. Review of International Studies. vol. 42 (5).
- (2016) The turning point of tolerance: Ethnic attitudes in a global perspective. International Journal on Minority and Group Rights. vol. 23 (1).