Torstein Baade Rø
Background and activities
Head of department 2017.
Education: MD 1996 (NTNU). PhD 2006 (NTNU). Specialist in paediatrics 2008.
Teaching subjects: General pediatrics. Pediatric endocrinology. Adolescent medicine.
Research: I am interested in basic research on growth of B-cell cancers (multiple myeloma, lymphoma, leukemia), and I am presently focusing on the phosphatase PRL-3's role in B-cell cancers. I am also involved in clinical research on diabetes mellitus, more specifically impaired awareness of hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with diabetes.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Phosphatase of Regenerating Liver-3 Regulates Cancer Cell Metabolism in Multiple Myeloma. The FASEB Journal.
- (2021) Targeting phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase in multiple myeloma. Experimental hematology and oncology.
- (2020) Health-related quality of life in Norwegian adolescent living with chronic fatigue syndrome. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes.
- (2020) Conversion of ATP to adenosine by CD39 and CD73 in multiple myeloma can be successfully targeted together with adenosine receptor A2A blockade. Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer (JITC).
- (2019) Considering formulation characteristics when prescribing and dispensing medicinal products for children: a qualitative study among GPs and pharmacists. Family Practice. vol. 36 (3).
- (2019) Assessing awareness of hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: Evaluation of established questionnaires. Pediatric Diabetes.
- (2019) Paediatric goal management training in patients with acquired brain injury: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. vol. 9:e029273 (8).
- (2018) Register-based study showed that the age when children were prescribed antibiotic tablets and capsules instead of liquids increased from 2004 to 2016. Acta Paediatrica.
- (2018) Requests for new oral antibiotic prescriptions in children within 2 days: a Norwegian population-based study. Family Practice. vol. 35 (6).
- (2018) Fear of hypoglycaemia and its relation to hypoglycaemia awareness and symptom intensity in Type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. vol. 137.
- (2018) Phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 (PRL-3) is overexpressed in classical Hodgkin lymphoma and promotes survival and migration. Experimental hematology and oncology. vol. 7:8.
- (2018) Effect of High Intensity Interval Training on Cardiac Function in Children with Obesity: A Randomised Controlled Trial. Progress in cardiovascular diseases. vol. 61 (2).
- (2017) Strategies parents use to give children oral medicine: a qualitative study of online discussion forums. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. vol. 35 (2).
- (2017) Effect of high-intensity interval training on fitness, fat mass and cardiometabolic biomarkers in children with obesity: a randomised controlled trial. Sports Medicine. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2017) Phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 is expressed in acute lymphoblastic leukemia and mediates leukemic cell adhesion, migration and drug resistance. OncoTarget. vol. 9 (3).
- (2017) Reduced Th22 cell proportion and prevention of atopic dermatitis in infants following maternal probiotic supplementation. Clinical and Experimental Allergy. vol. 47 (8).
- (2016) Src family kinases are regulated in multiple myeloma cells by phosphatase of regenerating liver-3. Molecular Cancer Research. vol. 15 (1).
- (2016) Effects of exercise intensity and nutrition advice on myocardial function in obese children and adolescents: a multicentre randomised controlled trial study protocol. BMJ Open. vol. Apr 4 (6(4)).
- (2016) The phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 (PRL-3) is importantfor IL-6-mediated survival of myeloma cells. OncoTarget. vol. 7 (19).
- (2016) Growth during infancy and early childhood in children with cerebral palsy: a population-based study. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. vol. 58 (9).