Background and activities
Head of department 2017.
Education: MD 1996 (NTNU). PhD 2006 (NTNU). Specialist in paediatrics 2008.
Teaching subjects: General pediatrics. Pediatric endocrinology. Adolescent medicine.
Research: I am interested in basic research on growth of B-cell cancers (multiple myeloma, lymphoma, leukemia), and I am presently focusing on the phosphatase PRL-3's role in B-cell cancers. I am also involved in clinical research on diabetes mellitus, more specifically impaired awareness of hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with diabetes.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Strategies parents use to give children oral medicine: a qualitative study of online discussion forums. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. vol. 35 (2).
- (2017) Effect of high-intensity interval training on fitness, fat mass and cardiometabolic biomarkers in children with obesity: a randomised controlled trial. Sports Medicine. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2017) Phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 is expressed in acute lymphoblastic leukemia and mediates leukemic cell adhesion, migration and drug resistance. OncoTarget. vol. 9 (3).
- (2017) Reduced Th22 cell proportion and prevention of atopic dermatitis in infants following maternal probiotic supplementation. Clinical and Experimental Allergy. vol. 47 (8).
- (2016) Src family kinases are regulated in multiple myeloma cells by phosphatase of regenerating liver-3. Molecular Cancer Research. vol. 15 (1).
- (2016) Effects of exercise intensity and nutrition advice on myocardial function in obese children and adolescents: a multicentre randomised controlled trial study protocol. BMJ Open. vol. Apr 4 (6(4)).
- (2016) The phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 (PRL-3) is importantfor IL-6-mediated survival of myeloma cells. OncoTarget. vol. 7 (19).
- (2016) Growth during infancy and early childhood in children with cerebral palsy: a population-based study. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. vol. 58 (9).
- (2016) Phosphatase of regenerating liver 3 (PRL-3) is overexpressed in human prostate cancer tissue and promotes growth and migration. Journal of Translational Medicine. vol. 14 (71).
- (2014) Bone morphogenetic protein-9 suppresses growth of myeloma cells by signaling through ALK2 but is inhibited by endoglin. Blood Cancer Journal. vol. 4.
- (2014) PRL-3 Mediates Survival of Primary Myeloma Cells. Blood. vol. 124.
- (2013) Lymphoma and myeloma cells are highly sensitive to growth arrest and apoptosis induced by artesunate. European Journal of Haematology. vol. 91 (4).
- (2013) Decorin is down-regulated in multiple myeloma and MGUS bone marrow plasma and inhibits HGF-induced myeloma plasma cell viability and migration. European Journal of Haematology. vol. 91 (3).
- (2013) Targeting Proliferating Cell Nuclear Antigen and Its Protein Interactions Induces Apoptosis in Multiple Myeloma Cells. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (7).
- (2013) HGF and IGF-1 synergize with SDF-1α in promoting migration of myeloma cells by cooperative activation of p21-activated kinase. Experimental Hematology. vol. 41 (7).
- (2013) Anti-c-MET Nanobody® – a new potential drug in multiple myeloma treatment. European Journal of Haematology. vol. 91 (5).
- (2012) Growth, body composition and metabolic profile of 8-year-old children exposed to metformin in utero. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. vol. 72 (7).
- (2012) PRL-3 Regulates Myeloma Cell Survival, Proliferation, Adhesion and Migration. Blood. vol. 120 (21).
- (2009) High expression of BCL3 in human myeloma cells is associated with increased proliferation and inferior prognosis. European Journal of Haematology. vol. 82 (5).
- (2008) Hepatocyte growth factor promotes migration of human myeloma cells. Haematologica. vol. 93 (4).