Tricia L. Larose
Background and activities
Prinicpal Investigator for Tumors in Space - a cutting-edge cancer study at the intersection of space technology and stem cell biology selected for spaceflight in collaboration with UNOOSA-China. Recently completed a 2-year secondment at the International Agency for Research on Cancer - the specialized cancer agency of the World Health Organization (IARC/WHO). Authored IARC/WHO´s first children´s book on cancer, "A Checklist for Dad" to be published by IARC press and distributed by WHO in Geneva with full proceeds going to education and training - ISBN forthcoming. My home institute is the K.G. Jebsen Centre for Genetic Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, NTNU in Trondheim, Norway. I also hold an adjunct faculty position in Human Performance in Space with the International Space University in Strasbourg, France.
Current Funding & Projects:
2017 - 2025 Tumors in Space: Signatures of early mutational events due to spaceflight conditions on 3D organoid cultures derived from intra-individual healthy and tumor tissue.
- Principal Investigator and Project Manager in collaboration with the International Space University, Belgian Nuclear Research Center, Vrije University Amsterdam
- Selected for spaceflight in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs and China Manned Space Agency
- Awarded project establishment support by the Faculty of Medicine, NTNU
2017 - 2020 DNA methylation patterns & lung cancer risk prediction
- Principal Investigator in collaboration with the International Agency for Research on Cancer World Health Organization and funded by Research Council of Norway
- Awarded 3-year personal postdoctoral funding (2017-2020) from the Research Council of Norway (IARC-Norway collaboration: grant number 267776/H10)
2018 - 2020 In utero epigenetic modifications and neurodevelopment
- Principal Investigator in collaboration St. Olavs Hospital and UC Berkeley
Genetic & epigenetic epidemiology (cancer, neurodevelopment & psychiatric disorders)
Extreme and remote environments (diagnostics, human performance & human factors)
Biomedical ethics & philosophy of science
- PhD Medicine, NTNU, Norway (2015)
- MSc Demography & Health, LSHTM, United Kingdom (2011)
- PGDip Infectious Diseases, LSHTM, United Kingdom (2009)
- BA Ethics Laurentian University, Canada (2006)
- BSc Liberal Science (Physics/Chemistry), Laurentian University, Canada (2006)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Maternal serum retinol, 25(OH)D and 1,25(OH)2D concentrations during pregnancy and peak bone mass and trabecular bone score in adult offspring at 26-year follow-up. PLOS ONE. vol. 14:e0222712 (9).
- (2019) Circulating markers of cellular immune activation in pre-diagnostic blood sample and lung cancer risk in the Lung Cancer Cohort Consortium (LC3). International Journal of Cancer.
- (2019) In utero exposure to endocrine disrupting chemicals, micro-RNA profiles, and fetal growth: a pilot study protocol. Journal of Public Health Research. vol. 8 (2).
- (2019) Circulating high sensitivity C reactive protein concentrations and risk of lung cancer: Nested case-control study within Lung Cancer Cohort Consortium. BMJ. British Medical Journal. vol. 364:k4981.
- (2018) Is high vitamin B12 status a cause of lung cancer?. International Journal of Cancer.
- (2018) Circulating cotinine concentrations and lung cancer risk in the Lung Cancer Cohort Consortium (LC3). International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 47 (6).
- (2018) Prenatal exposure to persistent organic pollutants and child overweight/obesity at 5-year follow-up: A prospective cohort study. Environmental health. vol. 17 (9).
- (2018) No association between circulating concentrations of vitamin D and risk of lung cancer: An analysis in 20 prospective studies in the Lung Cancer Cohort Consortium (LC3). Annals of Oncology. vol. 29 (6).
- (2018) Developmental course of anxiety and depressive disorders from adolescence to young adulthood in a prospective Norwegian clinical cohort. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2018) Epidemiology and risk factors for kidney cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology. vol. 36 (36).
- (2019) A Checklist for Dad. 2019. ISBN 0000000000000.
- (2019) Cancer cells to be tested in zero gravity on Chinese Space Station. E&T Engineering and Technology [Internett]. 2019-10-04.
- (2019) Female Scientist To Lead Advanced Cancer Research Project In Space. She The People [Internett]. 2019-10-05.
- (2019) Scientists Race To Use Zero Gravity To Kill The Worst Cancers. null [Internett]. 2019-12-28.
- (2019) Stor strålingsfare i rommet. Hvordan kan romfarere beskyttes mot de høye strålingsdosene de får i rommet?. https://www.romsenter.no/ [Internett]. 2019-06-06.
- (2019) Tumours in Space studies tumours, cancer risk of radiation. Norwegian SciTech News [Internett]. 2019-10-03.
- (2019) UNOOSA-CMSA Select 6 Experiments For China Space Station. Market News Updates [Internett]. 2019-06-19.
- (2019) United Nations/China Cooperation on the Utilization of the China Space Station (CSS: Selected Experiment Projects to be executed on board the CSS for the 1st Cycle. Announced on the occasion of the 62nd Session of the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, Vienna. United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs [Internett]. 2019-06-12.
- (2019) Could biomarker-based eligibility for lung cancer screening be cost-effective?. International Cancer Sceening Conference ; Rotterdam. 2019-06-03 - 2019-06-05.
- (2017) I mars kan du glede deg hver eneste dag Lei mørketiden? Da er mars din måned, for det er nemlig den måneden i året hvor lengden på dagene øker raskest. NRK.no livsstil [Internett]. 2017-03-11.
- (2017) Circulating cotinine concentrations, self-reported smoking, and lung cancer risk in the Lung Cancer Cohort Consortium (LC3). 18th World Conference on Lung Cancer ; Yokohama. 2017-10-15 - 2017-10-18.
- (2017) Melanoma or Mars? Follow Your Moral Compass. European Mars Conference ; Innsbruck. 2017-09-22 - 2017-09-24.
- (2015) Lite sol og lite fisk? Slik får du nok D-vitamin Om vinterhalvåret risikerer vi å få for lite av det mye omtalte vitaminet. NRK.no livsstil [Internett]. 2015-11-13.
- (2014) Cross-Sectional and Prospective Cohort Study of Serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Level, Smoking and Lung Function in a General Population of Adults: The HUNT Study. Oral presentation at: The 22nd Norwegian Conference on Epidemiology, Trondheim: Norway . NOFE; Trondheim. 2014-10-29 - 2014-10-30.
- (2012) Vitamin D status in Norway - an epidemiological overview. Oral presentation at: Vitamin D - minimum, maximum, optimal, Warsaw: Poland . Vitamin D - minimum, maximum, optimal; Warsaw. 2012-10-19 - 2012-10-20.
- (2010) Maintaining housing in North Eastern communities: the potential role of public health inspectors. Poster at: The 5th Northern Health Research Conference, Sudbury: Canada . Northern Ontario School of Medicine; Sudbury. 2010-06-04 - 2010-06-05.