Background and activities
- New problems in Marine hydrodynamics
- Numerical hydrodynamics
- Experimental hydrodynamics
- Theoretical hydrodynamics
- Viscous flow methods
- Potential flow methods
- Coupling between potential and viscous methods
- Coupling with other fields such as marine structures
- Moonpool resonance
- Nonlinear wave loads and responses of monopiles (Wind turbines)
- Loads and behaviour of aquaculture net cages
- Hydrodynamic loads on subsea modules
- Floating solar islands
- Professor, dept. of Marine Technology at NTNU - Marine Hydrodynamics, 2015 - present
- PhD from dept. of Marine Technology at NTNU (2009) - Marine Hydrodynamics
- Researcher, Senior Researcher and Research Manager at MARINTEK 2002 - 2015
- MsC from dept. of Mathematics and Physics at NTNU (2002) - Main field: numerical mathematics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Two-dimensional experimental and numerical investigations of parallel perforated plates in oscillating and orbital flows. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 97.
- (2020) Two-dimensional experimental and numerical investigations of perforated plates in oscillating flow, orbital flow and incident waves. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 97.
- (2019) Numerical modeling of perforated plates in oscillating flow. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 84.
- (2019) Renewable CO2 recycling and synthetic fuel production in a marine environment. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. vol. 116 (25).
- (2019) A two-dimensional numerical and experimental study of piston and sloshing resonance in moonpools with recess. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 877.
- (2018) The influence of fish on the mooring loads of a floating net cage. Journal of Fluids and Structures. vol. 76.
- (2017) Experimental and numerical investigations of monopile ringing in irregular finite-depth water waves. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 68.
- (2017) Higher harmonic wave loads on a vertical cylinder in finite water depth. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 833.
- (2016) Simplified CFD modeling for bilge keel force and hull pressure distribution on a rotating cylinder. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 58.
- (2015) Wave-induced response of a floating two-dimensional body with a moonpool. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. vol. 373 (2033).
- (2015) Experimental and numerical study of an aquaculture net cage with floater in waves and current. Journal of Fluids and Structures. vol. 54.
- (2015) Nonlinear roll damping, a numerical parameter study. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2015-January.
- (2014) Experimental and numerical investigation of wave resonance in moonpools at low forward speed. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 47.
- (2012) Gap resonance analyzed by a new domain-decomposition method combining potential and viscous flow DRAFT. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 34.
- (2012) Modelling of Current Loads on Aquaculture Net Cages. Journal of Fluids and Structures. vol. 34.
- (2010) A two-dimensional numerical and experimental study of resonant coupled ship and piston-mode motion. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 32 (2).
- (2009) Studies on Resonant Water Motion Between a Ship and a Fixed Terminal in Shallow Water. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 131 (2).
- (2008) Application of a vortex tracking method to the piston-like behaviour in a semi-entrained vertical gap. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 30 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2019) A Semi-Analytical Method for Calculating the Hydrodynamic Force on Perforated Plates in Oscillating Flow. ASME 2019 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering. Volume 7A: Ocean Engineering.
- (2019) On the Hydrodynamic Interaction between Ship and Free-surface Motions on Vessels with Moonpools. ASME 2019 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering. Volume 7A: Ocean Engineering.