Background and activities
Umit Cali is a technology researcher conducting academic-based research activities in energy analytics, blockchain and economics.
Umit has 20 years international experience in the fields of energy systems, data science, blockchain technologies, ICT, energy markets and economics.
He has worked for IBM International (Istanbul/Turkey) as a network engineer and project manager, a senior researcher in energy informatics and economics (Fraunhofer Institute – Germany), an Energy Consultant (Lahmeyer International- Germany), a Manager in wind energy project development and energy markets/energy economics (EnBW –Utility in Germany), Chief Technology Officer for an international service provider in energy efficiency (KREEN Renewables GmbH- Germany/Switzerland) and assistant professor in three universities (Gediz University- Turkey, the University of Wisconsin at Platteville and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte).
He is currently working as associate professor of Energy Informatics in the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
He is serving as Vice Chair of IEEE Blockchain in Energy Standards WG (P2418.5).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Novel donation sharing mechanisms under smart energy cyber-physical-social system and DLT to contend the energy poverty problem. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) Evaluation of criteria for site selection of solar photovoltaic (PV) projects using fuzzy logarithmic additive estimation of weight coefficients. Energy Reports. vol. 7.
- (2021) Type-2 neutrosophic number based multi-attributive border approximation area comparison (MABAC) approach for offshore wind farm site selection in USA. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence. vol. 103.
- (2021) Standardization of the Distributed Ledger Technology cybersecurity stack for power and energy applications. Sustainable Energy, Grids and Networks. vol. 28.
- (2021) DLT-based equity crowdfunding on the techno-economic feasibility of solar energy investments. Solar Energy. vol. 227.
- (2021) The enlightening role of explainable artificial intelligence in chronic wound classification. Electronics. vol. 10 (12).
- (2021) Data-driven short-term natural gas demand forecasting with machine learning techniques. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 206.
- (2021) Use of Forecasting in Energy Storage Applications: A Review. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) An expansion planning method for extending distributed energy system lifespan with energy storage systems. Energy exploration & exploitation.
- (2020) Interval type-2 fuzzy sets based multi-criteria decision-making model for offshore wind farm development in Ireland. Energy. vol. 198 (117317).
- (2020) Gaining insight into solar photovoltaic power generation forecasting utilizing explainable artificial intelligence tools. IEEE Access. vol. 8.
- (2020) Potential impacts of blockchain based equity crowdfunding on the economic feasibility of offshore wind energy investment. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy. vol. 12 (5).