Background and activities
Umit Cali is a technology researcher conducting academic-based research activities in energy analytics, blockchain and economics.
Umit has 20 years international experience in the fields of energy systems, data science, blockchain technologies, ICT, energy markets and economics.
He has worked for IBM International (Istanbul/Turkey) as a network engineer and project manager, a senior researcher in energy informatics and economics (Fraunhofer Institute – Germany), an Energy Consultant (Lahmeyer International- Germany), a Manager in wind energy project development and energy markets/energy economics (EnBW –Utility in Germany), Chief Technology Officer for an international service provider in energy efficiency (KREEN Renewables GmbH- Germany/Switzerland) and assistant professor in three universities (Gediz University- Turkey, the University of Wisconsin at Platteville and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte).
He is currently working as associate professor of Energy Informatics in the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
He is serving as Vice Chair of IEEE Blockchain in Energy Standards WG (P2418.5).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) DLT-based equity crowdfunding on the techno-economic feasibility of solar energy investments. Solar Energy. vol. 227.
- (2020) Interval type-2 fuzzy sets based multi-criteria decision-making model for offshore wind farm development in Ireland. Energy. vol. 198 (117317).
- (2020) Gaining insight into solar photovoltaic power generation forecasting utilizing explainable artificial intelligence tools. IEEE Access. vol. 8.
- (2020) Potential impacts of blockchain based equity crowdfunding on the economic feasibility of offshore wind energy investment. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy. vol. 12 (5).
- (2021) Digitalization of Power Markets and Systems Using Energy Informatics. Springer Nature. 2021. ISBN 9783030833008.
Part of book/report
- (2021) Blockchain-Enabled Equity Crowdfunding for Energy Storage Investments. 2021 International Conference on Smart Energy Systems and Technologies - SEST.
- (2021) Optimal Utilisation of Grid Capacity for Connection of New Renewable Power Plants in Norway. 2021 International Conference on Smart Energy Systems and Technologies - SEST.