Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Gesture and Language Trajectories in Early Development: An Overview From the Autism Spectrum Disorder Perspective. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2019) Boon or burden? The role of compositional meaning in figurative language processing and acquisition. Journal of Logic, Language and Information. vol. 28 (2).
- (2017) Can you tell it by the prime: A study of metaphorical priming in high-functioning autism in comparison with matched controls. International journal of language and communication disorders. vol. 52 (6).
- (2016) Can you play with fire and not hurt yourself? A Comparative study in figurative language comprehension between individuals with and without Autism Spectrum Disorder. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (12).
- (2016) Predictors of metaphorical understanding in high functioning autism. Lingue e linguaggio. vol. 15 (1).
- (2016) Factor Structure of the Bulgarian CAST: (Childhood Autism Spectrum Test). Journal of Intellectual Disability - Diagnosis and Treatment. vol. 4 (2).
- (2015) Figurative language processing in atypical populations: The ASD perspective. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. vol. 9:24.
- (2013) Morphology in autism spectrum disorders: Local processing bias and language. Cognitive Neuropsychology.
- (2012) Morphology in autism spectrum disorders: Local processing bias and language. Cognitive Neuropsychology. vol. 29 (7-8).
- (2012) Language against the odds, or rather not: The weak central coherence hypothesis and language. Journal of Neurolinguistics. vol. 25 (1).
- (2012) The role of input in early bilingual lexical development. Lingue e linguaggio. vol. XI (2).
- (2011) Idiom comprehension in the first language: a developmental study. Vigo International Journal of Applied Linguistics. vol. 8.
- (2007) Participle Constructions in Old Bulgarian: Structure and function. Southern Journal of Linguistics.
- (2019) NRDLS – The New Reynell Developmental Language Scales. Hogrefe & Huber Publishers. 2019. ISBN 978-0-9874288-0-6.
Part of book/report
- (2018) Figurative Language Processing in Autism. The Interactive Mind: Language, Vision and Attention.
- (2014) Flerspråklighet i Norge: en eksperimentell språkprosesseringsstudie. Rom for språk. Nye innsikter i språkleg mangfald.
- (2012) Distinctions in the linguistic encoding of motion: Evidence from a free naming task. Motion Encoding in Language and Space.
- (2011) An Article Evolving: The Case of Old Bulgarian. Grammatical Change. Origins, Nature, Outcomes.
- (2010) An article on the rise: Contact-induced change and the rise and fall of N-to-D movement. Continuity and Change in Grammar.
- (2010) Nominal Expressions in Flux: The status of the universal quantifier in Old Bulgarian. Development of Language through the Lens of Formal Linguistics.