Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Tell me where it is: Selective difficulties in spatial language on the autism spectrum. Autism. vol. 24 (7).
- (2020) Spatial language difficulties reflect the structure of intact spatial representation: Evidence from high-functioning autism. Cognitive Psychology. vol. 116.
- (2020) Differences in word learning in children: bilingualism or linguistic experience?. Applied Psycholinguistics.
- (2020) Different Ways of Making a Point: A Study of Gestural Communication in Typical and Atypical Early Development. Autism Research.
- (2020) Cultural and linguistic practice with children with developmental language disorder: Findings from an international practitioner survey. Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedica.
- (2020) Shrinking your deictic system: How far can you go?. Frontiers in Psychology.
- (2019) Spatial language difficulties reflect the structure of intact spatial representation: Evidence from high-functioning autism . Cognitive Psychology. vol. 116.
- (2019) Gesture and language trajectories in early development: An overview from the autism spectrum disorder perspective. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10:1211 (MAY).
- (2019) Gaze and Motor Traces of Language Processing: Evidence from Autism Spectrum Disorders in Comparison to Typical Controls. Cognitive Neuropsychology.
- (2019) Boon or burden? The role of compositional meaning in figurative language processing and acquisition. Journal of Logic, Language and Information. vol. 28 (2).
- (2019) Language and perception: Introduction to the special issue "Speakers and listeners in the visual world". Journal of Cultural Cognitive Science. vol. 3 (2).
- (2017) Can you tell it by the prime: A study of metaphorical priming in high-functioning autism in comparison with matched controls. International journal of language and communication disorders. vol. 52 (6).
- (2016) Can you play with fire and not hurt yourself? A Comparative study in figurative language comprehension between individuals with and without Autism Spectrum Disorder. PLOS ONE. vol. 11 (12).
- (2016) Predictors of metaphorical understanding in high functioning autism. Lingue e linguaggio. vol. 15 (1).
- (2016) Factor Structure of the Bulgarian CAST: (Childhood Autism Spectrum Test). Journal of Intellectual Disability - Diagnosis and Treatment. vol. 4 (2).
- (2015) Figurative language processing in atypical populations: The ASD perspective. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. vol. 9:24.
- (2013) Morphology in autism spectrum disorders: Local processing bias and language. Cognitive Neuropsychology.
- (2012) Morphology in autism spectrum disorders: Local processing bias and language. Cognitive Neuropsychology. vol. 29 (7-8).
- (2012) Language against the odds, or rather not: The weak central coherence hypothesis and language. Journal of Neurolinguistics. vol. 25 (1).
- (2012) The role of input in early bilingual lexical development. Lingue e linguaggio. vol. XI (2).