Background and activities
I am a post-doctoral researcher at the department of chemical engineering. I have an M.Sc. in bio-nanotechnology and a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering.
I have two major roles at this time, research wise. I conduct work on biological nanomaterials, primarily cellulose nanomaterials (CNMs), and I am currently part of an inter-disciplinary team working on development and production of novel PCR reagents for a SARS-CoV-2 (commonly referred to as the coronavirus) test. The reagents are generally useful, and are currently used by the Norwegian government in the ongoing pandemic.
My current research is funded by NTNU's dept. of chemical engineering, and the ongoing production of COVID- 19 tests is funded by FHI.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) A Brief Review of Nanocellulose Based Hybrid Membranes for CO2 Separation. Fibers. vol. 7:40 (5).
- (2019) Mechanical properties of cellulose nanofibril films: effects of crystallinity and its modification by treatment with liquid anhydrous ammonia. Cellulose. vol. 26 (11).
- (2017) Coatability of cellulose nanofibril suspensions: Role of rheology and water retention. BioResources. vol. 12 (4).
- (2017) Viability and properties of roll-to-roll coating of cellulose nanofibrils on recycled paperboard. Nordic Pulp & Paper Research Journal. vol. 32 (2).
- (2017) Nanocellulose - et steg nærmere fremtidens innpakking. Kjemi. vol. 4.
- (2016) Mixing of cellulose nanofibrils and individual furnish components: Effects on paper properties and structure. Nordic Pulp & Paper Research Journal. vol. 31 (3).
- (2015) The Design of Simple Bacterial Microarrays: Development towards Immobilizing Single Living Bacteria on Predefined Micro-Sized Spots on Patterned Surfaces. PLOS ONE. vol. 10 (6).
- (2018) Cellulose Nanofibrils as Paper Additive and Coating Material: Properties, Distribution and Interaction Effects. 2018. ISBN 978-82-326-3021-9.
- (2014) Bacterial Microarrays by Microcontact Printing: Development of a Method for Immobilizing Live Bacteria on Microarrays. 2014.
- (2018) Nanocellulose: Tomorrow’s packaging?. Technoport 2018 . Technoport; Trondheim. 2018-02-28 - 2018-03-01.
- (2018) Hva kan erstatte plast?. NTNU Kveld [TV]. 2018-10-23.
- (2017) Nanocellulose: It's a Wrap!. TEDx Trondheim . TEDx Trondheim; Trondheim. 2017-10-22 - 2017-10-22.
- (2017) PhD Grand Prix 2017 - populærvitenskapelig foredrag på 5 minutter VInnerforedrag. PhD Grand Prix 2017 . Industrikomitteen; NTNU, Trondheim. 2017-03-02 - 2017-03-02.