Background and activities
Dr. Aune wrote his PhD degree in relation to the two Centre’s for Research-based Innovation SFI SIMLab and SFI CASA. The PhD thesis is titled "Behaviour and Modelling of Flexible Structures subjected to Blast Loading". He has given several lectures on the behaviour, modelling and simulation of blast-loaded structures to the industrial partners in the SFI centres. He has also been involved in the Industrial Implementation group in SFI CASA since October 2016. The objective of this group is to monitor new developments in SFI CASA and to assist in the implementation of these at the industrial partners. An essential part of the Industrial Implementation group is therefore to evaluate the needs each industrial partner has for support from NTNU in the implementation, and to provide guidelines with respect to modelling and design.
The present research of Dr. Aune is primarily related to the behaviour, modelling and simulation of aluminium and steel structures subjected to blast loading. This includes the development of test facilities for controlled, repeatable testing of components and structures in blast environments. The overall objective of his research is to evaluate the capabilities of current computational methods in predicting the dynamic response of the tested components and structures. He has conducted material testing of aluminium and steel; structural impact testing of aluminium, steel, glass and concrete; and performed non-linear finite element simulations in several commercial computational software. Special focus is placed on the behaviour and modelling of metallic materials under these extreme loading situations. This involves the development, implementation and use of material models related to steel and aluminium, as well as identification of the necessary material parameters.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) A Shock Tube Used to Study the Dynamic Response of Blast-Loaded Plates. Proceedings. vol. 2 (8).
- (2018) Experimental and numerical studies on the structural response of normal strength concrete slabs subjected to blast loading. Engineering structures. vol. 174.
- (2017) On the dynamic response of blast-loaded steel plates with and without pre-formed holes. International Journal of Impact Engineering. vol. 108.
- (2017) Numerical study on the structural response of blast-loaded thin aluminium and steel plates. International Journal of Impact Engineering. vol. 99.
- (2017) Use of damage-based mesh adaptivity to predict ductile failure in blast-loaded aluminium plates. Procedia Engineering. vol. 197.
- (2016) Experimental study on the response of thin aluminium and steel plates subjected to airblast loading. International Journal of Impact Engineering. vol. 90.
- (2016) A shock tube facility to generate blast loading on structures. International Journal of Protective Structures. vol. 7 (3).
- (2015) Behaviour of plated structures subjected to blast loading. The European Physical Journal Conferences. vol. 94.
Part of book/report
- (2015) Behaviour of plated structures subjected to blast loading. 11th International Conference on the Mechanical and Physical Behaviour of Materials under Dynamic Loading.
- (2015) On the Fluid-Structure Interaction Effects of Plated Structures Subjected to Blast Loading - An Experimental and Numerical Investigation. Proceedings of MekIT'15 Eighth National Conference on Computational Mechanics.
- (2018) A solution mapping algorithm in EUROPLEXUS. 2018. ISBN 978-92-79-86762-0. EUR (29259).
- (2017) Behaviour and modelling of flexible structures subjected to blast loading. 2017. ISBN 978-82-326-2274-0. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2017:101).
- (2016) Formulation and Implementation of the VPJC Material Model in EUROPLEXUS. 2016. ISBN 978-92-79-59746-6. EUR (OPOCE LB-NA-27982-EN-N).
- (2016) Shock tube test with coupled 1D-3D models in EUROPLEXUS. 2016. ISBN 978-92-79-57976-9. EUR (LB-NA-27836-EN-N).
- (2016) Accounting for large membrane strains in Q4GS and T3GS elements in EUROPLEXUS. 2016. ISBN 978-92-79-57731-4. EUR (LB-NA-27836-EN-N).
- (2016) Generalization of the pinball contact/impact model for use with mesh adaptivity in EUROPLEXUS. 2016. ISBN 978-92-79-57972-1. EUR (OPOCE LB-NA-27888-EN-N).
- (2015) Description of the elasto-plastic material routine SGDI. 2015. ISBN 978-92-79-51226-1. EUR (OPOCE LB-NA-27434-EN-N).
- (2015) Testing of the Johnson-Cook material model VPJC in EUROPLEXUS. 2015. ISBN 978-92-79-53999-2. EUR (OPOCE LB-NA-27594-EN-N).
- (2015) Some notes on the organization of routines for solid materials in EUROPLEXUS. 2015. ISBN 978-92-79-54259-6. EUR (OPOCE LB-NA-27683-EN-N).
- (2012) Impact Against Offshore Pipelines. 2012.
- (2017) Numerical simulations of blast-loaded plates using combined fluid and structure mesh adaptivity. 30th Nordic Seminar on Computational Mechanics ; 2017-10-26.
- (2016) Inelastic response of thin aluminium plates exposed to blast loading. 1st International Conference on Impact Loading of Structures and Materials, ICILSM 2016 ; 2016-06-22 - 2016-06-26.
- (2016) Shock tube testing and numerical simulations of concrete slabs. 1st International Conference on Impact Loading of Structures and Materials, ICILSM 2016 ; 2016-06-22 - 2016-06-26.