Background and activities
Main areas of research:
Innate immunity with emphasis on inflammation, especially
related to cardiovascular disease and diabetes or rheumatoid
arthritis. Measurement of markers of inflammation in blood samples,
and investigation of variation in genes related to inflammation and
how this affects the risk of disease. Inflammation caused by the use
of biomaterials (artificial materials used for medical treatment),
e.g. in heart-lung machines. Complications following open-heart surgery.
Areas of teaching:
Immunology, transfusion medicine, nutrition, basic statistics.
Publications in PubMed
More about the research group Inflammation and cardiovascular disease
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Limited effect of red blood cell transfusion on long-term mortality among anaemic cardiac surgery patients. Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery.
- (2020) An Estimation Model for Cardiorespiratory Fitness for Adults with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 52 (6).
- (2020) Comparison of methods to construct a genetic risk score for prediction of rheumatoid arthritis in the population-based Nord-Trøndelag Health Study, Norway. Rheumatology. vol. 59 (7).
- (2019) Changes in C-reactive protein, neopterin and lactoferrin differ after conservative and surgical weight loss in individuals with morbid obesity. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) Baseline and Exercise Predictors of VO2peak in Systolic Heart Failure Patients: Results from SMARTEX-HF. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 52 (4).
- (2019) Perioperative factors associated with changes in troponin T during coronary artery bypass grafting. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. vol. 33 (12).
- (2019) Cardiorespiratory fitness in patients with rheumatoid arthritis is associated with the patient global assessment but not with objective measurements of disease activity. RMD Open. vol. 5:e000912.
- (2019) Inflammation Is Strongly Associated With Cardiorespiratory Fitness, Sex, BMI, and the Metabolic Syndrome in a Self-reported Healthy Population: HUNT3 Fitness Study. Mayo Clinic proceedings. vol. 94 (5).
- (2019) Symptoms of depression and risk of abdominal aortic aneurysm: A HUNT study. Journal of the American Heart Association. vol. 8 (21).
- (2019) Female sex hormones and risk of incident abdominal aortic aneurysm in Norwegian women in the HUNT study. Journal of Vascular Surgery. vol. 70 (5).
- (2019) Prediction of Ankylosing Spondylitis in the HUNT Study by a Genetic Risk Score Combining 110 Single-nucleotide Polymorphisms of Genome-wide Significance. Journal of Rheumatology.
- (2018) Brief Report: The Genetic Profile of Rheumatoid Factor?Positive Polyarticular Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Resembles That of Adult Rheumatoid Arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatology. vol. 70 (6).
- (2018) Potential causal associations of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D with lipids: a Mendelian randomization approach of the HUNT study. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE). vol. 34 (1).
- (2017) High-Intensity Interval Training in Patients with Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction. Circulation. vol. 135 (9).
- (2017) A Preoperative Multimarker Approach to Evaluate Acute Kidney Injury After Cardiac Surgery. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. vol. 31 (3).
- (2017) Fine-mapping the MHC locus in juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) reveals genetic heterogeneity corresponding to distinct adult inflammatory arthritic diseases. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. vol. 76 (4).
- (2017) Reduced Th22 cell proportion and prevention of atopic dermatitis in infants following maternal probiotic supplementation. Clinical and Experimental Allergy. vol. 47 (8).
- (2017) Transfusion of red blood cells in coronary surgery: is there an effect on long-term mortality when adjusting for risk factors and postoperative complications?. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. vol. 53 (5).
- (2017) Influence of Storage and inter- and intra-Assay Variability on the Measurement of Inflammatory Biomarkers in Population-Based Biobanking. Biopreservation and Biobanking. vol. 15 (6).
- (2017) Pentraxin 3, ficolin-2 and lectin pathway associated serine protease MASP-3 as early predictors of myocardial infarction - the HUNT2 study. Scientific Reports. vol. 7:430405.