Background and activities
Main areas of research:
Innate immunity with emphasis on inflammation, especially
related to cardiovascular disease and diabetes or rheumatoid
arthritis. Measurement of markers of inflammation in blood samples,
and investigation of variation in genes related to inflammation and
how this affects the risk of disease. Inflammation caused by the use
of biomaterials (artificial materials used for medical treatment),
e.g. in heart-lung machines. Complications following open-heart surgery.
Areas of teaching:
Immunology, transfusion medicine, nutrition, basic statistics.
Publications in PubMed
More about the research group Inflammation and cardiovascular disease
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Exercise training and high-sensitivity cardiac troponin T in patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction. ESC Heart Failure. vol. 8 (3).
- (2021) Inflammatory markers and risk of cardiovascular mortality in relation to diabetes status in the HUNT study. Scientific Reports. vol. 11 (1).
- (2020) Long-term results after aortic valve replacement for bicuspid or tricuspid valve morphology in a Swedish population. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery.
- (2020) Mortality is increased in patients with rheumatoid arthritis or diabetes compared to the general population – the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Scientific Reports.
- (2020) An estimation model for cardiorespiratory fitness in adults with rheumatoid arthritis. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 52 (6).
- (2020) Faster age-related decline in cardiorespiratory fitness in rheumatoid arthritis patients: an observational study in the Trøndelag Health Study. Rheumatology International.
- (2020) Influence of the ECMO circuit on the concentration of nutritional supplements. Scientific Reports. vol. 10:19275.
- (2020) Is the aortic size index relevant as a predictor of abdominal aortic aneurysm? A population-based prospective study: the Tromsø study. Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal. vol. 54 (2).
- (2020) Comparison of methods to construct a genetic risk score for prediction of rheumatoid arthritis in the population-based Nord-Trøndelag Health Study, Norway. Rheumatology. vol. 59 (7).
- (2020) Genetic risk score associations for myocardial infarction are comparable in persons with and without rheumatoid arthritis: the population-based HUNT study. Scientific Reports. vol. 10 (1).
- (2020) Stent edge vascular response and in-stent geometry after aerobic exercise. Cardiovascular Intervention and Therapeutics (CVIT).
- (2020) Limited effect of red blood cell transfusion on long-term mortality among anaemic cardiac surgery patients. Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. vol. 31 (3).
- (2020) Relative impact of red blood cell transfusion and anaemia on 5-year mortality in cardiac surgery. Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery.
- (2019) Changes in C-reactive protein, neopterin and lactoferrin differ after conservative and surgical weight loss in individuals with morbid obesity. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) Baseline and Exercise Predictors of VO2peak in Systolic Heart Failure Patients: Results from SMARTEX-HF. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 52 (4).
- (2019) Perioperative factors associated with changes in troponin T during coronary artery bypass grafting. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. vol. 33 (12).
- (2019) Cardiorespiratory fitness in patients with rheumatoid arthritis is associated with the patient global assessment but not with objective measurements of disease activity. RMD Open. vol. 5:e000912.
- (2019) Inflammation Is Strongly Associated With Cardiorespiratory Fitness, Sex, BMI, and the Metabolic Syndrome in a Self-reported Healthy Population: HUNT3 Fitness Study. Mayo Clinic proceedings. vol. 94 (5).
- (2019) Symptoms of depression and risk of abdominal aortic aneurysm: A HUNT study. Journal of the American Heart Association (JAHA). vol. 8 (21).
- (2019) Female sex hormones and risk of incident abdominal aortic aneurysm in Norwegian women in the HUNT study. Journal of Vascular Surgery. vol. 70 (5).