Vigdis Kvitland Schnell Husby
Background and activities
Operating room nurse
Masters degree in exercise physiology, NTNU
PhD in clinical medicine, NTNU
Research areas are physical activity, strength training, rehabilitation after hip-and knee joint surgery, operating room nursing
- SYA3001 - Medical and Natural Sciences - OR
- SYA3005 - Specialization in Surgical Nursing and Surgery
- SYA3000 - Medical and Natural Sciences
- SYA3232 - Shared Responsibility of Surgical Nursing, Clinical Studies
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Understanding the possibilities and limitations of assistive technology in health and welfare services for people with intellectual disabilities, staff perspectives. Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology.
- (2021) Is the French Paradox cementing philosophy superior to the standard cementing? A randomized controlled RSA trial and comparative analysis of femoral stem migration pattern between the line-to-line and standard cementing of a highly polished stem. The Bone & Joint Journal. vol. 104-B (1).
- (2020) Tapentadol versus oxycodone for postoperative pain treatment the first 7 days after total knee arthroplasty: a randomized clinical trial. Pain. vol. 162 (2).
- (2020) Does the line-to-line cementing technique of the femoral stem create an adequate cement mantle?. HIP International.
- (2020) Increased Muscle Strength Limits Postural Sway during Daily Living Activities in Total Hip Arthroplasty Patients. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. vol. 99 (7).
- (2020) Pain and load progression following an early maximal strength training program in total hip- and knee arthroplasty patients. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- (2018) Patient experience with early discharge after total knee arthroplasty: a focus group study. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. vol. 32 (2).
- (2018) Randomized controlled trial of maximal strength training vs. standard rehabilitation following total knee arthroplasty. European Journal of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 54 (3).
- (2018) A randomized controlled trial on maximal strength training in 60 patients undergoing total hip arthroplasty: Implementing maximal strength training into clinical practice. Acta Orthopaedica. vol. 89 (3).
- (2018) Muscular strength and function after total hip arthroplasty performed with three different surgical approaches: one-year follow-up study. HIP International.
- (2016) Daily Physical Activity in Total Hip Arthroplasty Patients Undergoing Different Surgical Approaches A Cohort Study. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- (2016) Muscular strength after total hip arthroplasty. A prospective comparison of 3 surgical approaches. Acta Orthopaedica. vol. 87 (1).
- (2010) Hyperoxic interval training in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients with oxygen desaturation at peak exercise. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 20 (1).
- (2010) Unilateral vs. bilateral total hip arthroplasty - the influence of medial femoral head offset and effects on strength and aerobic endurance capacity. HIP International. vol. 20 (2).
- (2010) Early Postoperative Maximal Strength Training Improves Work Efficiency 6-12 Months after Osteoarthritis-Induced Total Hip Arthroplasty in Patients Younger Than 60 Years. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. vol. 89 (4).
- (2009) Aerobic high intensity one and two legs interval cycling in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 106 (4).
- (2009) Aerobic high intensity one-legged interval cycling improves peak oxygen uptake in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease patients; No additional effect from hyperoxia. International Journal of Sports Medicine (IJSM). vol. 30 (12).
- (2009) Early Maximal Strength Training Is an Efficient Treatment for Patients Operated With Total Hip Arthroplasty. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. vol. 90.
- (2009) Early Maximal Strength Training Is an Efficient Treatment for Patients Operated With Total Hip Arthroplasty. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. vol. 90 (10).
- (2006) Hyperoxia during High Intensity Aerobic Training and Testing in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 38 (5).